Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ypu start to wonder what our commercial manager gets paid for ,

All the other sponsors that we've got that he's brought in is why we pay him.

Dunno why people are so shocked about this 7 Saints guy, he's a Kilmarnock fan so he wouldn't have sponsored us if we'd asked him.

Dunno why people are so shocked about this 7 Saints guy, he's a Kilmarnock fan so he wouldn't have sponsored us if we'd asked him.

We still shouldn't judge his business because of the team he supports/sponsors though

We still shouldn't judge his business because of the team he supports/sponsors though

You're exactly right and I think it's stupid more than anything that people would stop going there just because of who he supports or sponsors. He's a football fan just like all of us and he's obviously going to look to help out his team. Nothing wrong with that.

52 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

That's a bit of an assumption. Particularly within the licensed trade not sure that any local business can afford to turn away potential custom or alienate others these days. 

That's a bit of an assumption. Particularly within the licensed trade not sure that any local business can afford to turn away potential custom or alienate others these days. 

There's a good chance if it was between us and Kilmarnock he would go for Kilmarnock.

I'm not bothered he hasn't sponsored us one bit and don't see why some people are getting worked up about it.

What sponsorship do you know he's brought in?

Just a week or so ago it was in the paper that Digital Kitchen (not sure how long they've been with us for) have offered to do more refurbishment for us. It might not be the most exciting or important sponsorship deal that's happened but they certainly didn't just offer to do that without Graeme getting in touch first.

I think it's a bit of a jump to immediately say that he's not doing his job or wonder why we're paying him.

Just a week or so ago it was in the paper that Digital Kitchen (not sure how long they've been with us for) have offered to do more refurbishment for us. It might not be the most exciting or important sponsorship deal that's happened but they certainly didn't just offer to do that without Graeme getting in touch first.

I think it's a bit of a jump to immediately say that he's not doing his job or wonder why we're paying him.

I think you probably find they did offer there services if you read the article again

I think you probably find they did offer there services if you read the article again

I did read the article but what I'm saying is without a commercial manager to organise that it's likely that they wouldn't offer it in the first place.

I'm not an expert as to what all goes on with Graeme's job but I'd imagine that he would approach them to see if they're interested in doing it or not.

I really fail to see how any of this actually matters right now. We've a huge game on Friday and the season starts in two weeks. I'd imagine that the club will be more focused on shifting Killie tickets and season tickets instead of bringing in new sponsors. After Friday is finished I might start to care about what sponsors we have.

I did read the article but what I'm saying is without a commercial manager to organise that it's likely that they wouldn't offer it in the first place.

I'm not an expert as to what all goes on with Graeme's job but I'd imagine that he would approach them to see if they're interested in doing it or not.

I really fail to see how any of this actually matters right now. We've a huge game on Friday and the season starts in two weeks. I'd imagine that the club will be more focused on shifting Killie tickets and season tickets instead of bringing in new sponsors. After Friday is finished I might start to care about what sponsors we have.

It's got quite a lot to do with it considering our manager has come out and said theres hee haw left in the budget and our chairman is continues to pump money in to keep us going

It's got quite a lot to do with it considering our manager has come out and said theres hee haw left in the budget and our chairman is continues to pump money in to keep us going

Right ok then so people can help with that by buying season tickets, Killie tickets and any of the new merchandise.

Right ok then so people can help with that by buying season tickets, Killie tickets and any of the new merchandise.

And to get fans doing that you need to create a positive vibe around the club and make fans want to part with there cash. Not come out a week before a derby saying we need 3 players but have no budget.

And to get fans doing that you need to create a positive vibe around the club and make fans want to part with there cash. Not come out a week before a derby saying we need 3 players but have no budget.

Yes I completely agree with you. To make people pay to watch us we need to win games.

But I'd ask you is the game against Kilmarnock not big enough in itself to convince people to buy a ticket even if we did get relegated last season.

45 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

There's a good chance if it was between us and Kilmarnock he would go for Kilmarnock.

I'm not bothered he hasn't sponsored us one bit and don't see why some people are getting worked up about it.

Not sure why he couldn't sponsor both clubs tbh as there are so many different ways to contribute. The more money we can get from local business the better to help boost the player transfer fund. 

Yes I completely agree with you. To make people pay to watch us we need to win games.

But I'd ask you is the game against Kilmarnock not big enough in itself to convince people to buy a ticket even if we did get relegated last season.

No.

In May there was a real buzz about the place new signings,full time,shop and the hospitality. Then nothing. Season tickets late, Kilmarnock tickets late, expensive strip (debatable),zero coming out the club for about a month and a manager changing statements weekly regarding players and budgets.

I've got my tickets for the game but with the defence we've got I'm expecting a serious humping

Archived