Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would last season have an impact on our first home derby in years? We were 2nd bottom of div 1 and playing absolutely sjite when we beat them in 1998 and the crowd was about 11k

Saw a photo of Cairney training and he looks bigger than this time last year.

Considering McCall has very limited funds left and he is an very replacable player i would just tell him to look elsewhere.  

I never really took to him tbf so might just be a bit biased here, was ok but far too slow out left and a passenger in the middle.  

5 hours ago, Hursty said:

Why would last season have an impact on our first home derby in years? We were 2nd bottom of div 1 and playing absolutely sjite when we beat them in 1998 and the crowd was about 11k

We've firmly established ourselves as a 3rd tier non-entity since then, 19 years of older fans who thought we were capable of better dying off and 13  years of fans growing up with an unambitious team, we'll probably double the amount of tickets sold so far but I can't say that the town's bursting with excitement.

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Considering McCall has very limited funds left and he is an very replacable player i would just tell him to look elsewhere.  

I never really took to him tbf so might just be a bit biased here, was ok but far too slow out left and a passenger in the middle.  

The last time Cairney was in this league he was a lot bigger than last season yet still managed to dictate the midfield whilst playing for a wee team. One of the  midfielders I would rather keep tbh but perhaps he needs to move on as also think we need some new ideas in there. 

It's a league cup mini league game in July not a Scottish cup knock out tie in January always going to be much less than the 1998 game

That was what i was getting at. That and the fact it's on TV bigger factors than last years relegation IMO.

Spot on.

The fundraiser raised over 13k last night. The business that won the raffle to have their name on the back of the shirts were Peter Wilson & Sons, a funeral parlour. And on the shorts will be the name of a freight forwarding company. No ominous and pun worthy opportunities there then.

5 hours ago, AyrExile said:

The last time Cairney was in this league he was a lot bigger than last season yet still managed to dictate the midfield whilst playing for a wee team. One of the  midfielders I would rather keep tbh but perhaps he needs to move on as also think we need some new ideas in there. 

See thats a myth, in the 4 league games Cairney was abysmal and a subject of ridicule from our fans at the time.  Everyone remembers the playoff final and unfairly spreads that backwards.  

32 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

DEIQ6utXUAANCQc.jpg

Mixed feelings: not happy we've signed the puffing Gary O'Connor meme, third from left, or Robbie Williams half way along on the right.

Absolutely fucking buzzing for Griezmann, though. They did well to keep that quiet!

Archived