Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Am I right in saying that it's different people working in the shop since the club took back control of it? Can't remember these things happening in the past season when we didn't own it.

Info on the website isn't exactly clear about what's happening. I see some folk on the SRE FB page are already in despair about the ticket phone line.

The club shop is open today 11-4, Thursday 11-4 and Friday 11-4 and there is an incredible sale in store as well.

Following this the club shop will be changing back to be managed by the club. We had initially planned to be open at 4pm on Thursday 6th July however we will be doing everything we possibly can to be open on Wednesday and will update at the start of next week.

We can confirm opening hours from Friday 7th July and these will be as follows

“I would still like to add a forward and a defender although I’m not sure if it will be possible.”

this statement is worrying from McCall, if we're wanting to win this league then we must simply get another defender and forward. We have a fairly decent starting 11 at present but absoulotely no squad depth are our bench looks really weak. A couple more players would allow Geggan to move into centre mid. 

7 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

AS FOLLOWS WHAT??? CONFIRM THEM THEN!

That's my fault, the opening hours are there i just didn't copy that bit. My point was that if the shop closes after Friday, and doesn't open till Wednesday (hopefully) what does that mean for people wanting to buy tickets, in person or on the phone. Will they not be able to get them until the shop opens again?

So he has retired at Raith, then signed for Troon, Im sure i heard he was moving over to Australia, and he has now signed for Annan?

He was due to move to Australia but changed his mind at the last minute.

He'd be a disaster if he signed. His legs are done and League 2 is definitely his level now.

See a lot of Kilmarnock fans seem to be planning to buy tickets for the Ayr end since their lot sold out so quickly, from what i've heard from a pal who's a k*llie fan a lot of supporters have been caught out including him at the rapid sell-out. Tickets for their end seem to be selling on Ebay for £100 haha.

Also don't know if this is true or not but heard that Kilmarnock board are asking Ayr for more tickets.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See a lot of Kilmarnock fans seem to be planning to buy tickets for the Ayr end since their lot sold out so quickly, from what i've heard from a pal who's a k*llie fan a lot of supporters have been caught out including him at the rapid sell-out. Tickets for their end seem to be selling on Ebay for £100 haha.

Also don't know if this is true or not but heard that Kilmarnock board are asking Ayr for more tickets.

To be honest the club have brought a lot of this on themselves with not having the tickets on sale the same day as them.

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So much for retiring. Could do a job for us if he could get fit

Poor guy just needs to retire. It looks like he's maybe struggling a bit in his head at the moment. Hopefully he'll figure it out and get on with his life.

Archived