Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

13 hours ago, Hursty said:

Heard last night that McCall had to personally travel down to Cambusdoon to neogotiate the deal for training there next season. Park looks great, but surely that shouldnt be the managers job. Considering one of the directors drinks in there regularly and is quite happy to discuss that he thinks the gaffer should be sacked.

Shocking that we no longer train in Ayr.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shocking that we no longer train in Ayr.

Do you know the amount of players we lost training in Ayr, especially when we were part time. Boys working then trying to get down to Ayr from where they stay.

Training in Glasgow 2 days give us a chance of bringing in players from the wider central belt.

Now when a player signs for us adding on the price of traveling is major expense to take in to consideration. Gone are the days when we payed enough money for where we train not to be an issue.

Re a goalie. Why not have a look at auchinleck's Andy Leishman. Big strong great shot stopper and would benefit from a bit of professional coaching on his positioning ? 

Good shout were we not looking at him couple year ago.though I think hart will do a job ...

25 minutes ago, JUNIORFAN said:

Re a goalie. Why not have a look at auchinleck's Andy Leishman. Big strong great shot stopper and would benefit from a bit of professional coaching on his positioning ?

Would rather not sign any Jobbers from the Juniors tbqhwy.

Would rather not sign any Jobbers from the Juniors tbqhwy.

Very snobbish post..Michel Moffat was a junior player for seasons before signing for Ayr....i can guarntee that the Talbot goalie would be a more able and dependable back up keeper than the young lad who has been handed a contract at this stage of his development.

4 hours ago, JUNIORFAN said:

We don't really need a goalie.

1 hour ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

I know what I'll be doing August 19th. Walsall away at Portsmouth, hope he's not warming the bench.

Missing a seven goal win over the ferry boys IMO. 

Archived