Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just watched the video and I have to say it is encouraging stuff.

Regarding the right-back McCall did say the player was primarily a right-back, but that doesn't seem to fit the Geggan profile.

My money is on Jamie Hamill...

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Moffat signed. Geggan I really can't see happening. He found a bit of form towards the end of the season when we started to resemble an actual football team. 

That said, while he has been a great servant for us it might be the right time to bow out. I think he could still find a gig at another championship side though but to be honest I'd rather not face him. So if he does leave I hope it is to Ayr. 

Regarding the right-back McCall did say the player was primarily a right-back, but that doesn't seem to fit the Geggan profile.

Jamie Hamill is actually a decent shout if he's willing to take the drop to League 1. Always looked good against up.

Although you'll get the odd fan saying he's a DKB and says McCall hasn't a clue for signing him.

4 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

Please god no, Jamie Hamill is awful. 

No mention of loan signings by McCall in his interview. A couple of them on a season long deal would help with the wage bill, or maybe he's focusing on trying to get a settled squad for the season.

5 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

No mention of loan signings by McCall in his interview. A couple of them on a season long deal would help with the wage bill, or maybe he's focusing on trying to get a settled squad for the season.

Loan signings wouldn't necessarily help with the wage bill as the club would be paying for their services. In the main the young lads on the fringes of the squad will be in lieu of loan players.

With full time and the shop etc coming back in house it's good to see the club building up its internal structure. Bit of a shame to lose Ronnie and the others who have shown the club what can be done with a bit of professionalism. Heard a lot of good things on that clip but strangely the commercial manager sounded more convincing and McCall looked like he'd just came off a weekend on the booze. All good ideas in going full time but let's hope the basics of signing a well balanced squad happen so we have suitable cover for injuries etc. A lot of good work over the last two seasons has been spoiled by playing people out of position on a near weekly basis. Got to feel a bit sorry for Cairney who strolled this league last time despite being even bigger. Last season he was available every week apart from one big injury. Players like Moore, Adams and even Docherty to name a few were permanently injured and I would be more worried about how many games we get from them next season.

55 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Think Geggan and Moffat could both still at the very least be squad members at EEP so would be surprised if they ended up back at Ayr.

Why would Moffat be happy being a squad player at Dunfermline when he can play every week for a team 2 minutes away from where he comes from.

From what I can gather Ayr was his preferred choice for the season just finished, might be wrong but that's my understanding of his feelings.

Can definitely see Moffat happening as he's from the area and would want to play every week. I'd be surprised if Geggan had the lack of ambition to come back to Ayr in League 1 when he could definitely get a game at a higher level.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Why would Moffat be happy being a squad player at Dunfermline when he can play every week for a team 2 minutes away from where he comes from.

From what I can gather Ayr was his preferred choice for the season just finished, might be wrong but that's my understanding of his feelings.

Yeah I'm led to believe this also. Talks were apparently at an advanced stage and he was desperate to come back but McCall then said he wasnt his type of player. I'm told this is one of the reasons for Somerset Boab stopping going to the games.

Yeah I'm led to believe this also. Talks were apparently at an advanced stage and he was desperate to come back but McCall then said he wasnt his type of player. I'm told this is one of the reasons for Somerset Boab stopping going to the games.

If someone stopped going to games because the manager didn't sign a player they like they must be an absolute weapon [emoji38]

Archived