Summer Transfer Window '17

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donald McCallum, Garry Fleming, Tom Lang and Mark Docherty have all left us this evening.

McCallum needs a run of games at a lower level, so that's not a shock. Flembot leaving is unsurprising, but still really sad. He's been such a crucial part of our time in this Division, and is a local guy who was loved by the fans. Sparky was out the team following the Carswell incident, but played with great passion and would be an excellent signing in League 1. Lang meanwhile has all the attributes to be a top player. I guess playing a young, relatively untested, centre-half in the Championship is seen as too much of a risk by Aitken - which is understandable. Still disappointed to see him leaving.

A big rebuilding job for us just got even bigger...

4 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Just surprised it isn't us raiding East Fife, would you like Mercer back ? 

Aww I know but if you beat Livingston 4-1 during the season then I can see why we're just paying a heavy price.

Could do with a left back tbh but the guy will be in Naysmith's plans?

Don't think us Buddies are kidding ourselves on that this could be a drawn out transfer window.

Mallan and Morgan both will leave and hopefully we get the deserved money for them.

Wait and see if Mcginn or Mclean move on from the respective clubs were we have the "supposed" sell on clause inserted in there deals.

Hopefully Jack Ross gets some funds as so far his eye for a player has been top drawer.

10 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Aww I know but if you beat Livingston 4-1 during the season then I can see why we're just paying a heavy price.

Could do with a left back tbh but the guy will be in Naysmith's plans?

Unfortunately he probably will be in his plans. 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That hurts more than it should emoji45.png

:(

It won't hurt as much as having to use the League 1 Summer Transfer Window thread. I mean, I've never seen it, but I can't imagine it's anywhere near as organised and as well presented as this. 

Archived