Summer Transfer Window '17

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

You've lost a good 'un there.

Excellent.

Was apparently expecting to start almost every game, but there are about 4 or 5 guys ahead of him. 

Guaranteed to come back to this division and score against us every game. b*****d.

Was apparently expecting to start almost every game, but there are about 4 or 5 guys ahead of him. 

Guaranteed to come back to this division and score against us every game. b*****d.

He would be one of the best central midfielders in the league, so most definitely a poor decision on your management's part.

Presumably he won't be able to go out on loan again until January, I'm sure skyline drifter will confirm.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

After 25 days and a staggering 103* minutes game time, Joe Thomson has returned to Celtic as he wasn't going to get the game time he would have liked.

*Missed a game while checking, he actually played 193 minutes.

Source? I don't see it on your OS or Twitter.

45 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

He would be one of the best central midfielders in the league, so most definitely a poor decision on your management's part.

Presumably he won't be able to go out on loan again until January, I'm sure skyline drifter will confirm.

Utter madness. Joe Thomson is easily one of the better midfielders at this level. I think he could play regularly in the Premier to be honest.

He could go back out on an Emergency Loan now but obviously for a maximum 93 days so wouldn't get all the way through to January. Two club rule is also relevant here. He's played for Livi so he can only go to one other club this season. If he goes on an Emergency Loan he's pretty much also needing to commit to that club for the rest of the season too as he'd only be able to play there or at Livi in the second half of the season.

He can't actually have gone back after 25 days either. Loans can't be cancelled until 28 days have passed so they'll need to wait until later in the week to cancel it. If he was on a Development or Standard Loan he can't go back out and he can't play for Celtic's first team either.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Source? I don't see it on your OS or Twitter.

Utter madness. Joe Thomson is easily one of the better midfielders at this level. I think he could play regularly in the Premier to be honest.

Depends what kind of loan he was on. If he was on an Emergency Loan then he could go out on another one. He can't actually have gone back after 25 days either. Loans can't be cancelled until 28 days have passed so they'll need to wait until later in the week to cancel it. If he was on a Development or Standard Loan he can't go back out and he can't play for Celtic's first team either.

Two club rule is also relevant here. He's played for Livi so he can only go to one other club this season.

Maybe the 28 day rule you mention is why it hasn't been confirmed by our OS yet, not confirming it until it's official?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

*Prays that Stevie Aitken still has enough in the budget to bring in JT on Emergency Loan*

I rephrased my first answer which wasn't well worded. He could go back out on Emergency Loan somewhere else (but wouldn't reach January unless it didn't happen until about the end of September) but that would exhaust his two clubs for the season. I don't see them putting him back out on an Emergency Loan unless it comes with an agreement he'll also be there for the second half of the season too.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I rephrased my first answer which wasn't well worded. He could go back out on Emergency Loan somewhere else (but wouldn't reach January unless it didn't happen until about the end of September) but that would exhaust his two clubs for the season. I don't see them putting him back out on an Emergency Loan unless it comes with an agreement he'll also be there for the second half of the season too.

We'll punt Hutton in January to make room for him, it's cool.

Archived