Stranraer FC 2017-18

Not hard to know more than me , I’m just a fan that’s supported the club in many ways for 50 years and read everything that’s available about our current state and yet I know very little facts as NONE published by the club and like the majority of fans I’m unhappy that there appears to be an unwillingness to inform us of the true state of affairs . The lack of information purely results in us having to guess what’s going on , obviously your one of the chosen few and I have to problem with that but take a step back and try and look at the situation from the outside , it’s a different story . Why did the club not warn the fans of the financial state of the club instead of us learning about it via a small newspaper article ? Why did the club then not say we require to sell 3 players or 5 players or whatever , why have the club not explained how we have managed to go from in a stable financial position to being forced to sell our best players ? The reason we can only guess is because the committee are embarrassed about letting this happen and would have preferred to keep it quiet.
even yet after all this time not one apology from anyone at the club , all we hear from the few comments by people that have a connection with the club are “ these people work hard “ “ they do it for nothing “ etc etc and I agree with that ,but we must know that the club is being looked after and not allowed to get into the state it’s in . How do you think fans feel when they read comments from people like “I know more than you “  then tell us as your fuelling the fire and cause friction and distance between the club/board/committee and the fans .
i can tell you that last home game v Ayr when we all gathered for the first time since the news broke there was NO support or back slapping for the board or chairman , but you’ll know that !

This post is the reason why i have genuine sympathy for SOME Stranraer fans, being kept in the dark, told to stump up cash for FACEBOOK groups and pretend like everything's rosy while absolute roasters like 1870 who are allegedly ITK tell you to shut up and keep clapping/spending.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

This post is the reason why i have genuine sympathy for SOME Stranraer fans, being kept in the dark, told to stump up cash for FACEBOOK groups and pretend like everything's rosy while absolute roasters like 1870 who are allegedly ITK tell you to shut up and keep clapping/spending.

Exactly Ammo , we are a poorly supported club and no one says it’s an easy job but the way things are going it will only get worse , on top of that our club have a poor history on financial dealings and too many local businesses and fans have turned their back on the club and here we go again yet another reason not to invest in the club . I fear the club needs a complete overhaul , if things aren’t working then they must be changed , a start would be to get rid of the us and them mentality.

If I had been Chairman the least I would have done is talk to the fans directly not the Q and A where I’ve seen Theresa May answer questions more directly!!  Could of announced at the match that he and some committee members would be at the Social Club after the game to speak to the fans and explain what’s happening , I’m sure plenty would have turned up and even if not at least he tried .

28 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Exactly Ammo , we are a poorly supported club and no one says it’s an easy job but the way things are going it will only get worse , on top of that our club have a poor history on financial dealings and too many local businesses and fans have turned their back on the club and here we go again yet another reason not to invest in the club . I fear the club needs a complete overhaul , if things aren’t working then they must be changed , a start would be to get rid of the us and them mentality.

If I had been Chairman the least I would have done is talk to the fans directly not the Q and A where I’ve seen Theresa May answer questions more directly!!  Could of announced at the match that he and some committee members would be at the Social Club after the game to speak to the fans and explain what’s happening , I’m sure plenty would have turned up and even if not at least he tried .

Well done kvz,Good to know we are not all yes men,We have the club

at heart just as much as the happy clappers

3 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Not hard to know more than me , I’m just a fan that’s supported the club in many ways for 50 years and read everything that’s available about our current state and yet I know very little facts as NONE published by the club and like the majority of fans I’m unhappy that there appears to be an unwillingness to inform us of the true state of affairs . The lack of information purely results in us having to guess what’s going on , obviously your one of the chosen few and I have to problem with that but take a step back and try and look at the situation from the outside , it’s a different story . Why did the club not warn the fans of the financial state of the club instead of us learning about it via a small newspaper article ? Why did the club then not say we require to sell 3 players or 5 players or whatever , why have the club not explained how we have managed to go from in a stable financial position to being forced to sell our best players ? The reason we can only guess is because the committee are embarrassed about letting this happen and would have preferred to keep it quiet.

even yet after all this time not one apology from anyone at the club , all we hear from the few comments by people that have a connection with the club are “ these people work hard “ “ they do it for nothing “ etc etc and I agree with that ,but we must know that the club is being looked after and not allowed to get into the state it’s in . How do you think fans feel when they read comments from people like “I know more than you “  then tell us as your fuelling the fire and cause friction and distance between the club/board/committee and the fans .

i can tell you that last home game v Ayr when we all gathered for the first time since the news broke there was NO support or back slapping for the board or chairman , but you’ll know that !

But your not a member of the club so why should you be told? The members run the club the are effectively the owners so why should the committee come out and say we need do this and that when the members haven't had there say.

Your like a stuck record... On Saturday go to the Chairman and ask him and you will get an answer to your questions he wont be hard to find instead of writing it all over here every couple of days its getting boring.

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

No one asked for money for Facebook??? and no one said keep clapping and spending

No one asked for money for Facebook??? and no one said keep clapping and spending

Well what was all the nonsense regarding £15 for a supporters Facebook page to "get all the latest news and stories first"?

You're correct no-one has came out and said those exact words bit you're leaping to the clubs defence at every opportunity and scrutinising decent supporters (like kvz) when they dare to disagree with a chairman's statement or say anything less than complimentary about The current situation.

Let me ask you in simple terms:
Are you not in the slightest bit annoyed that the people who are running the club have allowed this to happen MID SEASON causing chaos and mass panic amongst most supporters?

The £15 is a non starter as many of us find out before its on 'facebook'. Way better ideas going around than that for me. 

Yes a think any fan would lie to you if they didnt say they were annoyed by whats happened but for me slagging the club off is not the main priority. Having a club still to support and a team on the park IS. 

The committee will get there day come the agm in the summer. Hearing on saturday up at queens park that the back stabbing has started already between some of them as many scared they will loose there seat. That for me sums many up that are on the committee and i expect a few to leave!

Be interesting to hear what effect the FC Twente game had. Can remember a bit of finger pointing going on at the time with some claiming it cost more than what it was worth,

I feel for many of the committee members past and present as sometime it seems they can't do right for doing wrong. The nature of the beast is they will never please everyone however fully understand why some have gripes on here at the minute.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Well what was all the nonsense regarding £15 for a supporters Facebook page to "get all the latest news and stories first"?

This was a suggestion from a couple of supporters on a Facebook group. Couple of guys just trying to help but it never really had any legs. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread our media team are pretty on top of things these days, they do an excellent job for a team of volunteers.

Now wait a minute kvz! The chairman answered the very important question of the third strip directly I felt haha

Now wait a minute kvz! The chairman answered the very important question of the third strip directly I felt haha

Blue and white home strip. Nothing neon for an away strip. No point in a third strip. Should of been his answer.

Until we play in our own colours more often it’s always going to be a struggle.

I’m hoping this issue alone will see me elected to the committee for season 18/19.

5 hours ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

But your not a member of the club so why should you be told? The members run the club the are effectively the owners so why should the committee come out and say we need do this and that when the members haven't had there say.

Your like a stuck record... On Saturday go to the Chairman and ask him and you will get an answer to your questions he wont be hard to find instead of writing it all over here every couple of days its getting boring.

Well the member involvement must have changed since I was a member , perhaps you could enlighten us to what exactly the members do , when I was there it was attend the AGM and hear what had happened during the past year , no chance to alter,direct or effect what had happened . Yes you could then have a vote on new committee members and that’s was it until the next year , I’m interested in what’s changed . Can you also say how many members we currently have ?  If members own the club as you say I’d have them paying £250 or more to join as current fee does not suggest any real responsibilities involved .

And your comment “ why should you be told “ shows all that is wrong with the club , why should a fan that’s followed the club through thick and thin over 50 years have any right to know why the club has been allowed to get into such a mess . If that’s the attitude of the club god help us ,

4 hours ago, monthe blues said:

So the committee have the same power as the north Korean  ruler ,they can do what they want , Everyone else can like it or lump it ,or happy clap

Not really when they need to get voted back on to the commitee. As everyone has said if anyone wants to speak to the chairman or someone at the club. Pick up the phone and speak to them or appraoch them on a match day. Am sure they will speak to you boy. Saw many of the people at queens park do it on Saturday. Instead of ranting on here every day. Yes it would be easier for them to release some sort of statement but we aint going to get that. I have spoke to the chairman and people on the committee. Its easy done. Think some people just want it delivered to there door instead of doing it themselfs. All the numbers you need are on the club website. And no am not a member. Thats why a did it myself. 

Stand proud 

17 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

You're correct no-one has came out and said those exact words bit you're leaping to the clubs defence at every opportunity and scrutinising decent supporters (like kvz) when they dare to disagree with a chairman's statement or say anything less than complimentary about The current situation.

Let me ask you in simple terms:
Are you not in the slightest bit annoyed that the people who are running the club have allowed this to happen MID SEASON causing chaos and mass panic amongst most supporters?

Simple answer, Yes but what can I do? unlike everyone having a go on here I have went and asked the questions and been given answers. Personally I feel no reason for panic we lost Wallace who we got money for and Bell who has asked to leave on numerous occasions so happy hes away, and we lost Dick who is replaceable as we have seen in Young McGowan. Bell leaving will see Kyle play more often in his preferred position and it has also seen us blood young Elliot which will only benefit us in the long term.

11 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Well the member involvement must have changed since I was a member , perhaps you could enlighten us to what exactly the members do , when I was there it was attend the AGM and hear what had happened during the past year , no chance to alter,direct or effect what had happened . Yes you could then have a vote on new committee members and that’s was it until the next year , I’m interested in what’s changed . Can you also say how many members we currently have ?  If members own the club as you say I’d have them paying £250 or more to join as current fee does not suggest any real responsibilities involved .

And your comment “ why should you be told “ shows all that is wrong with the club , why should a fan that’s followed the club through thick and thin over 50 years have any right to know why the club has been allowed to get into such a mess . If that’s the attitude of the club god help us ,

I am a fan just like you, as I have said above go and ask instead of your constant yapping on here and you will maybe get your answers.  As a fan of 50 years you may feel you have a right to know but lets be honest you don't as its a members run business. Would Dave King or Stewart Milne go to there fans and tell them the clubs financial business?? No!! So why should Stranraer be any different?

I am a fan just like you, as I have said above go and ask instead of your constant yapping on here and you will maybe get your answers.  As a fan of 50 years you may feel you have a right to know but lets be honest you don't as its a members run business. Would Dave King or Stewart Milne go to there fans and tell them the clubs financial business?? No!! So why should Stranraer be any different?

Why does a supporter of over 50 years need to go and ask anyone? Should they not inform us in black and white? Even just out of courtesy if not respect for their fans.
We’re a small club, there is no reason for us to be kept in the dark.
And your priorities are backwards, how does losing our captain so that another player can play where he wants a good thing? Honestly, are you mr Martin from the supporters page?

13 minutes ago, CobaltInch said:

Why does a supporter of over 50 years need to go and ask anyone? Should they not inform us in black and white? Even just out of courtesy if not respect for their fans.
We’re a small club, there is no reason for us to be kept in the dark.
And your priorities are backwards, how does losing our captain so that another player can play where he wants a good thing? Honestly, are you mr Martin from the supporters page?

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/2012-02-28-19-23-25/club-info-staff

Link to chairmans phone number. Saved you all the bother in finding it. 

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/2012-02-28-19-23-25/club-info-staff
Link to chairmans phone number. Saved you all the bother in finding it. 

Didn’t ask for a phone number. My point is really simple,
I work full time, have 3 kids, travel a long distance to home games with my kids, pay for the match, petrol and extras, buy the kids strips and match programmes. I shouldn’t need to be a member or Phone a chairman to find out what’s going on at a club that even though I moved north nearly 10 years ago still come to watch and have raised my kids to support.

3 minutes ago, CobaltInch said:

Didn’t ask for a phone number. My point is really simple,
I work full time, have 3 kids, travel a long distance to home games with my kids, pay for the match, petrol and extras, buy the kids strips and match programmes. I shouldn’t need to be a member or Phone a chairman to find out what’s going on at a club that even though I moved north nearly 10 years ago still come to watch and have raised my kids to support.

I have wrote many times that i agree with that. But you clearly aint getting a statement anytime soon. So instead of some yapping every single day. Pick up the phone and talk to him like many of us have done. If you can take the time out to write on this then you clearly have enough time to phone someone. 

Archived