Stranraer FC 2017-18

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 16:58, Mattmc said:

In better news Morgan Neill has been released by Livingston, I've got a feeling he'll be a Stranraer player by next week.

Not saw anything about this but thank god if true, never good enough for us at all

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf I agree, he's a reasonable defender but was not going to get anywhere near our first team with Gallagher, Halkett, Crighton, Lithgow, Longridge all infront of him, he's prone to a mistake now and again which would cost goals. 

I've no doubt he will do well for someone in this league but don't see him as good enough for the championship. 

Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up, nice enough guy. 

Wouldnt be suprised if he signed for us tbf.

Hopefully we've got the edge with Faz having previously worked with him.
Obviously got ties to Alloa though.
Be some defence if he did go to Alloa. Think Graham and Taggart are two of the best in the league.

2 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Be some defence if he did go to Alloa. Think Graham and Taggart are two of the best in the league.

If waters goes , he would be a good signing possibly!

I'd hope the fact we could have championship football next season would be more of a pull.

Maybe rather take meggatt if we can get a hold of him.

Not unhappy that Donald has left. TBH never understood what Farrell saw in him and wondered whether he was a last minute emergency signing as the transfer deadline approached. Disappointed at Moreno not being offered a new deal. Always impressed me, but felt that he never got a fair chance under Farrell.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Not unhappy that Donald has left. TBH never understood what Farrell saw in him and wondered whether he was a last minute emergency signing as the transfer deadline approached. Disappointed at Moreno not being offered a new deal. Always impressed me, but felt that he never got a fair chance under Farrell.

Spot on Moreno a a tidy passer of the ball,with a bit of grit, Donald always looked like the wind would blow him over.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Agree on Morena. Didn't look out of place under Reid and would certainly do a job for someone.

Wallace is a great signing for you, would have taken him at Airdrie if Ryan left.

Although given the size of him I'd insist on the club putting "do not serve this man" posters on everywhere that sells Monster Munch on the journey to Stranraer 

Archived