Stranraer FC 2017-18

It’s the view from Somerset  ( English shire , and not the midden of the same name ) that distorts things 

BeefyB , your passion is un doubted , and indeed to be admired , but I do think the distance isn’t helpful in these decisions 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

It’s the view from Somerset  ( English shire , and not the midden of the same name ) that distorts things 

BeefyB , your passion is un doubted , and indeed to be admired , but I do think the distance isn’t helpful in these decisions 

I question if he has ever saw okoh play a game of football 

Okoh has 3 goals in 1280 minutes of football which is equivalent to 14 full games. Think he's had one decent game i've seen this season, 2-0 vs Forfar, the rest of the time he looks like he would fall over if tackled by a gust of wind,  just not good enough for this level i'm afraid

15 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

Er, yes, and possibly the sudden impact of the hot sunny days down here.  When I wrote Agnew, the person I really had in mind was Cairney, and he left some time ago.

Hamill, though, caught out too often. And isn't getting better.

Oh, and I'd stick with Okoh.

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Rumour that Turner is on his way to Leeds United

Brilliant move for both parties if so. Great wee player and deserves his shot.

Hope the club get a good fee with a wee sell-on clause in there.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:14, Lochwood said:

No surprises today played your cup final last week and very much in need of the south ayrshire pound for next season, hopefully we'll burst your ball in the last two games.

The South Ayrshire Pound - now there's a decent description of Somerset Park!

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

My team have signed Angus Beith, who was on loan at Stranraer earlier this season.  What sort of player is, do you guys rate him etc?

You'll find Stranraer fans are more than happy to talk to you about Angus Beith!

When he came to us he was described as a deep-lying midfielder, and he has enough dig about him to sit deep, but really came into his own when the manager encouraged him to get forward and gamble in the box.

By all accounts he barely scored in his previous loan spells and played a deeper role, but with us he scored on his debut, and went on to grab 8 goals in 14 games from midfield, all from open play. Seemed to love his time at Stair Park.

Has an eye for goal, works hard, tracks back, basically an all-rounder and a great attitude by all accounts as well.

If you can clone him you'll have a very good team.

#FeedTheGoose

• 4 months later...

Archived