Stranraer FC 2017-18

27 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

So the club held a special meeting on Monday night for its members , which is a great idea and  to keep fans informed of what has been going on regarding the running of our club . Just wondering how many members turn up and what was said , find it strange that not a mention of it anywhere . I’m only asking out of interest but perhaps it’s not for every fan to know .

Good of the club to be so open and transparent to its members.  Why not apply for membership then you can find out first-hand, instead of asking for chinese whispers?  Or maybe the club should take out a full page of the national press so it can air its business for everyone, you included, to see.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, BlueSister said:

Good of the club to be so open and transparent to its members.  Why not apply for membership then you can find out first-hand, instead of asking for chinese whispers?  Or maybe the club should take out a full page of the national press so it can air its business for everyone, you included, to see.

Great idea , let’s treat all fans equally . 

On 2/7/2018 at 16:22, BlueSister said:

Bit of a closed mind there, from you.

Paying supporters, with season tickets, or paying at the gate, are last in the queue for information...,

behind the Free Press,  the BBC, or the Daily Record. 

Chinese Whispers are about all that is available.  

On 07/02/2018 at 15:52, kvz2000 said:

So the club held a special meeting on Monday night for its members , which is a great idea and  to keep fans informed of what has been going on regarding the running of our club . Just wondering how many members turn up and what was said , find it strange that not a mention of it anywhere . I’m only asking out of interest but perhaps it’s not for every fan to know .

Sadly thats for the members to know. Same at every other club or you could join so you can find out what was said?? 

On 08/02/2018 at 21:42, ThePoohBear said:

Sadly thats for the members to know. Same at every other club or you could join so you can find out what was said?? 

I’ve been a member and just can’t get my head round why only members should know what’s happening at their club , being a member shouldn’t mean you are more supportive  of the club , many many fans that are not members put loads of money and effort into the club , so members are no more loyal than others , in my opinion it’s totally disrespectful to many fans the way our club hide what’s happening behind the scenes . It’s also very suspicious that of all the members that attended the meeting nobody has shared any information which makes me think they were instructed not to discuss what as said with anyone else .

I’ve been a member and just can’t get my head round why only members should know what’s happening at their club , being a member shouldn’t mean you are more supportive  of the club , many many fans that are not members put loads of money and effort into the club , so members are no more loyal than others , in my opinion it’s totally disrespectful to many fans the way our club hide what’s happening behind the scenes . It’s also very suspicious that of all the members that attended the meeting nobody has shared any information which makes me think they were instructed not to discuss what as said with anyone else .

I understand what you’re getting at about putting money into the club but, most supporters knows the set up with the membership. Those who want to know the in and outs of finances and the running of things generally join so they have access to this. There’s others like myself who wouldn’t know where to start with a balance sheet and have little interested other than whats going on on the park.
I’ve spoken to a few people who were in attendance last Monday. None of them seemed to hide anything but I’d imagine if they uploaded balance sheets and put their own minutes of the meeting on here they’d upset a few others.
Simplest thing would be to join and have access to all of this. The money you’ll save from us not being in the play-offs come the end of the season should cover your fee.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:22, BlueSister said:

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:19, kvz2000 said:

Great idea , let’s treat all fans equally . 

I have been telling Kvz this for months now BlueSister

Pay your money and you will find out everything you want to know. If you had paid for a membership when you were moaning in January you could have attended on Monday night and that would have saved you from jumping back on to your keyboard with more nonsense

8 hours ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Pay your money and you will find out everything you want to know. If you had paid for a membership when you were moaning in January you could have attended on Monday night and that would have saved you from jumping back on to your keyboard with more nonsense

Perhaps you're too dim to see that it's not nonsense, or choosing not to. 

The underlying question is, of course,  whether the whole membership thing actual serves any real, legitimate, purpose. 

This is just standard stuff this.

In every business in life people pay extra to get more content.

Clubs can’t just release detailed information for the whole world to know.

I pump plenty of money into Arbroath but I’ve never heard any news from the AGM as I’m not a shareholder yet.

5 hours ago, beefybake said:

Perhaps you're too dim to see that it's not nonsense, or choosing not to. 

The underlying question is, of course,  whether the whole membership thing actual serves any real, legitimate, purpose. 

Perhaps you are too dim to understand the English language or what the rules of a agm are.

Clearly its only members thats allowed to know what happens at the meetings. 

Pay your £15. Go to the agm. Then this might surprise you, you will get all the information that you have been crying for weeks for. 

Simple. 

On a subject that we dont go on for weeks for.....any news when the rearranged game against Arbroath will be? 

On 12/02/2018 at 13:48, 1870ToonBlue said:

Only nonsense to a few , I’d rather we could discuss and for you to try and justify the clubs poor record on informing fans than you being disrespectful, you say pay your money as if it was some sign of loyalty to the club , for the hard of hearing I’ll repeat I’ve been a member in the past and found it really a waste of time and I’m certainly not wanting to be treated differently from the majority of fans by merely paying out a whopping £25.00 .

8 hours ago, forzamorton said:

Evening guys, 

I'm currently writing my dissertation and, surprise surprise, it's about football. Could you please spare one minute and complete this survey. Thanks.

https://s.surveyplanet.com/SJukevuPf 

Not shy about bouncing in and succinctly announcing your wants.

And what do you bring to the table ? Aside of course from generously giving the opportunity to express views/have voice heard, blah, blah.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking towards season 18/19 what players would you keep and get rid of? 

Keep 

Turner. Currie. Robertson. Thompson. Neil. Hamill. 

Show the door 

Woods. Okoh. Barron

Not sure on

Agnew. 

Under 20s 

McGowan. Elliot. Gray. 

Players returning to parent club 

McPherson. Hawkshaw. Beith.  Lyon. Dykes. 

Contracted for next season

Anderson. Turner. 

17 hours ago, ThePoohBear said:

Looking towards season 18/19 what players would you keep and get rid of? 

Keep 

Turner. Currie. Robertson. Thompson. Neil. Hamill. 

Show the door 

Woods. Okoh. Barron

Not sure on

Agnew. 

Under 20s 

McGowan. Elliot. Gray. 

Players returning to parent club 

McPherson. Hawkshaw. Beith.  Lyon. Dykes. 

Contracted for next season

Anderson. Turner. 

Keep

Turner, Currie, Robertson, Thompson, Neil, Okoh

Let go

Agnew, Woods, Barron, Hamill

Archived