Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

31 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

See you next season

We were HEDGING our bets .1st mission ..... Get you lot down for if we don't make it  to give possibly 3 localish  games. ..... If we do go up then happy days slumming it with the big lads like Dunfermline !!!   Win Win either way !!  ;)

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bobopar said:

As a neutral this was a very poor game and was totally bored for the entire first half. Second half was marginally better. M'voto total bombscare, great in the air but so poor on the ground and slower than the slowest slow thing. For the 3rd Brechin goal almost our whole row was shouting to the keeper to watch his top right corner and that's exactly where it went. The ball would have been black and blue from being hoofed so much. Rovers looked dangerous when they got the ball out wide but that just did not happen often enough. Sad to see the Rovers go down as I love the derby and it brings in much needed cash for both clubs.

You were obviously at a different game to us . 

3 hours ago, basher brash said:

As for Rovers players leaving the ground in tears rubbish they aren't giving a sh@@e. If they did we wouldn't be where we are now charlatans the lot of them.

What about the fans including myself and many other followers of championship clubs who pay a fortunate to watch there teams, who I really feel sorry for are the staff at the club who will probably loose there jobs now! genuine people who's mis- fortune is working for a football club. 

Cliche ridden, entitled drivel.

Raith fans generally reacting with class, but this is a fine exception.

Couldn't make this due to work and i am gutted. Well done on fighting back on what would have been a sickening injury time leveler. Raith fans , maybe your club has to take one step back to take steps forward again. All the best to you for League One. Make the right managerial appointment and i'm certain you wont be hanging around League One for long. As for us the small squad make up for that with bags of hard work. Well done everyone . 

I'm still pishing myself laughing at this tbqhwy. Remember in 2013 when they were giving it big licks over our demise :lol:

Why are some Pars fans so upset about them being relegated? It's not sad that they are gone. Lucky if they brought 1200 to EEP for the derby matches. Won't make too much a difference to our coffers, but it'll certainly make a massive dent in theirs as there is only one show in town and they will miss the massive crowds we brought to their shaner of a stadium. 

The only time we'll meet in the near future is if we draw each other in the cup :lol: Natural order restored. 

Gary Locke :lol:

John 'Yogi' Hughes :lol:

"Would take the play-offs" :lol:

Well, even if they 'only' brought 1200, that's a big jump from the 50-100 we'll be getting from Alloa/Livingston/Hamilton/Inverness next season. Plus, Stark's is the best away day of the season.

Rovers getting relegated was/is funny. But you can't argue that it's a bit of bummer excitement wise for next season though. If we have a shite season next year then crowds will take a big hit. A lot more pressure on the Pars to compete at the top of the table.

21 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I'm still pishing myself laughing at this tbqhwy. Remember in 2013 when they were giving it big licks over our demise :lol:

And deservedly so,you shafted the tax payer and many local businesses.We haven,t.......so far.We,ve been relegated and happy to take our medicine

We,ll pish the 1 st division next season,Dunfermline will be relegated,normal service resumed ;)

1200 travelling support or not,it,ll be a damn site more than you,ll get from many of the teams in the championship next season

14 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

And deservedly so,you shafted the tax payer and many local businesses.We haven,t.......so far.We,ve been relegated and happy to take our medicine

We,ll pish the 1 st division next season,Dunfermline will be relegated,normal service resumed ;)

1200 travelling support or not,it,ll be a damn site more than you,ll get from many of the teams in the championship next season

Enjoy Arbroath away.

9 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

£50 Charity Bet says we won't? :)

Better odds at the bookies

5 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Will you aye?

Why aye

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Enjoy Arbroath away.

Will do,thanks.

Been there many times following my club and crakin away day

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Why aye

Will do,thanks.

Check yerself out pal. Think yer pishing oot yer erse...

15 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Why aye

Will do,thanks.

Aye but same outcome for you being £50 out of pocket. Will you pish the league like you pished away the side who finished 4th over two legs?

59 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Why are some Pars fans so upset about them being relegated? It's not sad that they are gone. Lucky if they brought 1200 to EEP for the derby matches. Won't make too much a difference to our coffers, but it'll certainly make a massive dent in theirs as there is only one show in town and they will miss the massive crowds we brought to their shaner of a stadium. 

The only time we'll meet in the near future is if we draw each other in the cup :lol: Natural order restored. 

Gary Locke :lol:

John 'Yogi' Hughes :lol:

"Would take the play-offs" :lol:

Big difference between the two. We've gone on sporting grounds as our squad underachieved and screwed up. Your demise was due to outright cheating of the taxman and local businesses who had to accept buttons in settlement. You should be really proud of yourselves.

The reason we gave it big licks was you went to the Premier league on the never never. We lived within our means and didn't spend what we didn't have. Wheover said cheats never prosper is an arsehole.

The odds are obviously in favour of the team staying full time in Lge1 getting promoted to the championship as Livvi have proved but they stayed with a strong championship/Lge1 class team,Airdrie went with ordinary pros that just wanted to stay FT , question is what will Raith do? A team of U20's (that will get slaughtered) or splash out on seasoned pros?

Archived