Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a neutral this was a very poor game and was totally bored for the entire first half. Second half was marginally better. M'voto total bombscare, great in the air but so poor on the ground and slower than the slowest slow thing. For the 3rd Brechin goal almost our whole row was shouting to the keeper to watch his top right corner and that's exactly where it went. The ball would have been black and blue from being hoofed so much. Rovers looked dangerous when they got the ball out wide but that just did not happen often enough. Sad to see the Rovers go down as I love the derby and it brings in much needed cash for both clubs.

Commiserations Raith, shanner the way the season has went.   I would work your plans around Lewis too as I don't think he will be there next season, absolutely not if you go part time.  Massive quiestions need to be asked.  I know for a fact the players are gutted but it's not good enough. 

One of the most hilarious days I've ever had at a game of football. Best fiver I've probably ever spent.

Let's go through the highlights:

• Home fans not making any noise in the first half when their side is playing a do-or-die play-off match.
  • Celebrating the equaliser at 2-2 like it had clinched a domestic treble...when it reality it only delayed relegation for an hour.
  • The ballboys giving it big licks to the Brechin fans and then looking utterly dejected when it went to 3-3
  • Bobby Barr giving the "shhh" gesture, only to go on and miss his penalty.
  • Losing on penalties to a part-time side that Dunfermline beat 6-1 last season.
  • Getting relegated to the seaside leagues to play meaningless matches against East Fife in front of 1200 folk.
  • The PA guy announcing at half time that a fan had promised to get a Rovers tatoo when they stayed up with "Love the Rovers, Hate the Townies" Notwithstanding the fact that no Pars fan gives two shits about the whole "townies" patter, what a stupid and arrogant comment from the PA fella. Hope he's one of the fellas reduced to working in Lidl.

Absolutely glorious.

great escape.jpg

44 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I hope Gordon Brown's heart is broken though. Traitorous w****r .

So do I

Well done to Brechin.Not a good team by any stretch of the imagination but good enough to beat a team of gutless cnuts masquerading as football players with the exception of a couple of players

1 minute ago, PRS said:

John Hughes- no need to say more

Wouldn't blame him.  Trusting Gary Locke has fucked the football club.  I did call this unfortunately even during the good start and got called a bitter Hibs fan from a couple but the majority Raith fans I have massive time for the respect they've given me.  Gutted for them too tbh.  

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Congrats to Brechin btw.

To be so close in 90 mins only to be denied and then going on to equalise after going behind took massive character.

Hope they stay down though. Can't stand Recreation Park.

Brechin play at glebe park m8. 

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I know. That's why I'm hoping they stay down and Alloa go up.

Congrats to Brechin but you hope they stay down because you can't stand Alloa's dump?

52 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:

we aren't the only team useless at penalties.

I still think a pro footballer should score from a penalty kick...irrespective of whether a full back/centre back/mid..etc.,

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Jim Goodwin must be salivating at the unexpected prospect of Brechin in the Final, but Alloa would do well to treat it with extreme caution - we went up from fourth place, much to our own surprise.

We finished 3rd that season, OKI.

Archived