Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

15 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Davo to repeat his strategy from the pre season friendly, 1 minute in and T-bone Dougie and leave him picking gravel from his arse for a fortnight.

I don't see any player in any team owning Dougie hill in a tackle, he loves it, I look forward to your so called enforcer trying tho!  hopefully the tight park at the glebe forces a low in confidence rover side to go direct where McLean and hill will have a field day , we really need to go into the second game still in the tie 

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Overthehedge said:

I don't see any player in any team owning Dougie hill in a tackle, he loves it, I look forward to your so called enforcer trying tho!  hopefully the tight park at the glebe forces a low in confidence rover side to go direct where McLean and hill will have a field day , we really need to go into the second game still in the tie 

The incident I referred to in my post happened, so Dougie can be owned and probably will be again.

Good luck, Davo might not be much good at running or passing or football for that matter but tackling now we're talking and as Zen says, happened already, can happen again :)

I remember Mark Campbell breaking Dougie Hill's nose when he was at Alloa as well. Seems he often comes off worse against the Rovers. 

Anyway, if we can put an end to our losing streak away from home, I'm confident we'll make the final. Brechin may have wobbled a bit in the second half of the season, but one look at our away record should give them all of the confidence they need. Saturday will have taken a lot out of us, but it's imperative that we approach the game with the same attitude. 

You met M'Voto yet? 

10 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I think we have to wait for the window to open to re register him as a Rovers player.

You do, because loans need to run to the window opening except short term emergency ones. However even before the advent of windows it has never been allowed in modern football for players to change clubs after March 31st. 

Anyway, leaving that aside, does anyone know if Lewis Vaughan can play for Rovers in these games? 

Guest Back Post Misses
I think we have to wait for the window to open to re register him as a Rovers player.

He was utter gash yesterday so nothing lost on that form

I do worry we've built Vaughan into a far better player than he's ever been because of the whole fiasco.

Having said that, I'm quite looking forward to him and Court grabbing 80 goals between them next season, regardless of what league we're in. 

As much as I'll always have a soft spot for Dougie Hill, due to his man of the match performance in the Challenge Cup final, and his valiant attempt to separate Joshua Falkingham's head from his body, I am thoroughly looking forward to Jonny Court smashing him right through that hedgerow.

21 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

As much as I'll always have a soft spot for Dougie Hill, due to his man of the match performance in the Challenge Cup final, and his valiant attempt to separate Joshua Falkingham's head from his body, I am thoroughly looking forward to Jonny Court smashing him right through that hedgerow.

Smashing him? I'd just be content with him running past him onto all the through balls we'll give him....

41 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Ah Jonny Court, a newer version of Craig O'Reilly 

Definitely shades of O'Reilly about him. Didn't he score against Brechin...? Omens n aw that...

One of my favourite ever Rovers matches was midweek up at Brechin. 

Definitely shades of O'Reilly about him. Didn't he score against Brechin...? Omens n aw that...
One of my favourite ever Rovers matches was midweek up at Brechin. 

4-0 win under McGlynn? We were superb that night.

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah, that was some performance. The original game was postponed at about 15 minutes notice so Brechin slashed the prices. In turn we had a solid away support that night in what was the acid test for us as we were still behind Ayr. We'd lost there earlier that season before Michael O'Neill left them for the Irish league. We then turned up at scored 4 going on 6 or 7. That was a cracking period during those final 9 games. Some of my favourites following Rovers. 

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Correct. Got in for free, free programme...

K.Smith with a double. Campbell with a header, and I think Gary Wales completed the rout. Would go down lovely this coming Wednesday but in true Rovers fashion, would settle for a point...

8 hours ago, Wardy said:

Correct. Got in for free, free programme...

K.Smith with a double. Campbell with a header, and I think Gary Wales completed the rout. Would go down lovely this coming Wednesday but in true Rovers fashion, would settle for a point...

Jesus christ.

Will head along to the second leg if the tie is close. Or Rovers look likely to be relegated.

Archived