Montrose v Peterhead playoff

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comfortable enough after we went in front. Strange decision from the ref to send off the Montrose player after Riley crunched him. Can only assume there was a retaliation I missed.
Oh well, season rolls on for another two games. Bring on the Forfar!

Montrose lol

22 years and counting

Yeah that's right. Should maybe get a life are you ever off here? 24years old Cmon get out and enjoy yourself

Shame to bow out of the season on such a limp performance. PH clearly learned their lessons from Wednesday, we barely saw the ball after 15 minutes. Two very shaky refereeing calls didn't help much either.

Well done to SP and the players for the turnaround, let's kick on and build next term...

Shame to bow out of the season on such a limp performance. PH clearly learned their lessons from Wednesday, we barely saw the ball after 15 minutes. Two very shaky refereeing calls didn't help much either.
Well done to SP and the players for the turnaround, let's kick on and build next term...

Cracking end to the season for you guys
Peterhead ain't an easy place to go to and mcallistair is a class act one the best strikers outside top league

Long journey but at least you were in the play offs [emoji106]

It's disappointing but on the plus side even a month ago I didn't think we'd get into the playoffs.
Let's hope SP can build on this for next season.

100% sp has done brilliant with this squad, it will be interesting now who he keeps and let's go.

Thought we looked comfortable right up until first goal, but at no point as dangerous as Wednesday night which was a shame. Credit to Peterhead, they turned the screw and I think Smith had only 1 save to make.

The big refereeing decisions: Was it a penalty? I couldn't see, but the radio coverage said the boy was just clipped but took a couple of steps and then went down easily.

Would love to see replay of red card - all I saw was Peterhead boy diving in both feet and then a mass of players converging on the ref. I thought the red was for him (given that we won the freekick) but Smith must have done something to warrant a red. Does that mean he started and ended his Montrose career with red cards?

Disappointing end to a great second half of the season. Ballantyne and Allan will be sorely missed at the back next season. Smith was a decent player too who was obviously valued by SP. Be interesting to see who he brings in and am looking forward to next season.

Great turn out and noise from the Montrose folk today.

3 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Comfortable enough after we went in front. Strange decision from the ref to send off the Montrose player after Riley crunched him. Can only assume there was a retaliation I missed.
Oh well, season rolls on for another two games. Bring on the Forfar!

4 minutes ago, jd_mo said:

Thought we looked comfortable right up until first goal, but at no point as dangerous as Wednesday night which was a shame. Credit to Peterhead, they turned the screw and I think Smith had only 1 save to make.

The big refereeing decisions: Was it a penalty? I couldn't see, but the radio coverage said the boy was just clipped but took a couple of steps and then went down easily.

Would love to see replay of red card - all I saw was Peterhead boy diving in both feet and then a mass of players converging on the ref. I thought the red was for him (given that we won the freekick) but Smith must have done something to warrant a red. Does that mean he started and ended his Montrose career with red cards?

Disappointing end to a great second half of the season. Ballantyne and Allan will be sorely missed at the back next season. Smith was a decent player too who was obviously valued by SP. Be interesting to see who he brings in and am looking forward to next season.

Great turn out and noise from the Montrose folk today.

Lashed out and kicked Riely on the head basically right in front of me

9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Lashed out and kicked Riely on the head basically right in front of me

why was the initial offence not worthy of a card ??

mind you he also booked the "mercenary plumber" for....... errr......... diving in the first half

Referees at this level......... sheeesh 

7 minutes ago, OZMO said:

why was the initial offence not worthy of a card ??

mind you he also booked the "mercenary plumber" for....... errr......... diving in the first half

Referees at this level......... sheeesh 

He also booked reily for the initial challenge

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

He also booked reily for the initial challenge

One decision correct suppose - didn't see it from my restricted view behind the goal!! Even the Peterhead goalkeeper was bemused. When asked how much does it cost to get a decent ref, he replied "That's priceless". Please beat Farfir.

Archived