Montrose v Peterhead playoff

Well that was decent from Peterhead.

Spoiler We must have taken a couple of hundred to the game.

Football is still shite though (apart from Ryan's goal)

Couple of hundred..... Really?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very enjoyable game - and a good wee midweek atmosphere at Links Park.

For some reason, maybe due to the stutters in the last couple of matches and Peterhead coming off the high of turning it round v Alloa, I had the feeling this would end up a comfortable away win.

Despite a decent start, including the loss of a screamer before a quick equaliser, I still kept thinking at some point Blue Toon would just take control.  It simply never happened and Montrose can be slightly hacked off not to be going up to Balmoor with a narrow lead.

McAllister and Templeman were the obvious 'names' for those of us that don't see lower league football that often - the latter played the better of the two, but McAllister clearly has that threat that is still most likely to be the difference in the end - but credit to Montrose for some fine performances all over the park.

Wish I could go on Saturday, as all to play for......

11 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Regarding Strachan's goal. Obviously it was a peach but the keeper looked miles away from getting anywhere near it. Did Strachan notice the keeper out of his goal?

The Montrose keeper looked very ropey early on. He loved a semi-flappy punch a bit much for my liking, and was lucky at the disallowed goal as he'd pushed a shot back into onrushing players instead of wide (Goalkeeping Book 1 Page 1 and all that) - and definitely looked poorly positioned and slow at the goal (as good as the strike was).

However, he improved as the game went on, started catching the ball and finished with a decent save near the end.

Agree Fleming was at fault for the goal he was standing at the other side of the goal when the Peterhead player hit it. He also got out of jail with the free kick. He had one good save at the end, the other stops are basic goalkeeping

Thought the back four were excellent. We should have eon Gary should have scored when he took the ball from Matty

Top keeper, must have been nerves. We are quite lucky with keepers at the moment, with a good keeper in Millar behind him. Flemings performance against Arbroath away was top class

Is Millar only signed up until the end of the season? Can't see him signing another deal if he is, unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Is Millar only signed up until the end of the season? Can't see him signing another deal if he is, unfortunately.

Now you mention that his contract runs out May 31st. Maybe that's why Petrie decided to give Fleming the rest of the season as he knew Millar wasn't staying. But, from what I've seen of Fleming he has been great, with the exception of last night

Now you mention that his contract runs out May 31st. Maybe that's why Petrie decided to give Fleming the rest of the season as he knew Millar wasn't staying. But, from what I've seen of Fleming he has been great, with the exception of last night

Fleming has been fantastic, but I still always feel more confident with Jordan in goal. I'd imagine that playing first team football combined with the work he's doing with LPCT would probably have been enough to keep Millar but I can't see him staying now.

On 2017-5-7 at 04:54, Gordon EF said:

I'd love to see Montrose come up. Good away day and a team that deserves a wee bit of success after a long period of suffering in the bottom league. Also, great set of supporters, as opposed to the set of utter bellends that seem to haunt their Angus rivals (a few decent Arbroath fans aside).

Could do with swapping Montrose for guff like Brechin in L1 any day.

no need for that , montrose is the murder capital of angus

Agree Fleming was at fault for the goal he was standing at the other side of the goal when the Peterhead player hit it. He also got out of jail with the free kick. He had one good save at the end, the other stops are basic goalkeeping

Thought the back four were excellent. We should have eon Gary should have scored when he took the ball from Matty

Gary fraser should have put his foot right through it and burst the net!! Easy chance and we should have made it count. Cammy ballantyne is gonna be a big miss thought he was immense last night

Gary fraser should have put his foot right through it and burst the net!! Easy chance and we should have made it count. Cammy ballantyne is gonna be a big miss thought he was immense last night

Is Cammy missing for Saturday??

Archived