CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's probably a few not on that list being considered although that list does not fill me with confidence. Stark will end up where Darren young gets his next gig and to me that rules him out, Chapman is a grade a w****r (so is his assistant)  and he can f**k right off. 

1 hour ago, GYSPY ARMY said:

What he says here isn't bad. If BF had adopted this from day one he and us may have benefited from this. An old head along side a young rookie manager.

He did, but by day 13 or something he had punted the experience. Totally agree that an experienced head would have benefitted Barry, but he's away, and although I'm not a betting man - I can see the next appointment being of the "seasoned campaigner" variety. Just as long as it's not Smith!!!! Who has a cheek to discuss anyone's merits or qualities considering his absolute lack of any!

He did, but by day 13 or something he had punted the experience. Totally agree that an experienced head would have benefitted Barry, but he's away, and although I'm not a betting man - I can see the next appointment being of the "seasoned campaigner" variety. Just as long as it's not Smith!!!! Who has a cheek to discuss anyone's merits or qualities considering his absolute lack of any!

It's a difficult one would like a new breed of manager like a Jack Ross , but realistically we really can't take a chance on an inexperienced manager , we have to get out of this league ASAP as every year a few more fans can't take it any longer

I would go with experience with a couple of young coaches.

On BF I'm not sure even an experienced old head would have helped . BF worked hard and gave the job his all , I don't think given his personna even if there was an old head he would have taken any notice I just don't think BF is cut out to be a manager

But as you say he has gone just hope the club had learnt so.e lessons from the whole episode ( good and bad )

Aye right Alex, anybody in mind?

Experienced manager doesn't have to be 60 plus

Rodgers at celtic is only 44 still experienced

I would also class someone like Hartley as experienced but still relatively young

Someone who has managerial experience.

And wouldn't have Alex Smith back if he offered to work for nothing

Sun today,

5 man short list.
Named in column

JP McGovern
Peter McDonald
Billy Stark
Jim Chapman

Are jp/Peaso a package deal like this season?
In which case their could be 2 others on the list.

An experienced head like Stark with JP and Peaso as player coaches could maybe work. Not impressed with chapman. Danny Lennon or Darren young would have been good but looks like the latter will go to raith now.

On BF I'm not sure even an experienced old head would have helped . BF worked hard and gave the job his all , I don't think given his personna even if there was an old head he would have taken any notice I just don't think BF is cut out to be a manager

I am neither defending nor a fan of Barry Ferguson but the Clyde's results when Mark Roberts was there compared to when he wasn't is telling

I am neither defending nor a fan of Barry Ferguson but the Clyde's results when Mark Roberts was there compared to when he wasn't is telling

True but he was let go why ?

True but he was let go why ?

He joined Hurlford soon after he left us. Whether that was the only reason I do not. know

Can't really comment on Chapman's track record with Annan, seems a bit inconsistent but suppose they have not been dicing with relegation as we have, so I am sure Annan will be happy to give their view on the man. Certainly he and in particular his assistant  have had their run in with the Clyde fans.

Not my choice to be fair, although he might get 15 goals out of Matty Flynn, which it seems he is apparently capable of.

Chapman and Joyce would be a disaster for Clyde not just because of their antics from dugout at the last game but their total non football approach to the game. Possibly Clyde would have reduced rates at Broadwood as the surface would be used less with the amount of time the ball is in the air.

Chapman and Joyce would be a disaster for Clyde not just because of their antics from dugout at the last game but their total non football approach to the game. Possibly Clyde would have reduced rates at Broadwood as the surface would be used less with the amount of time the ball is in the air.

That's who the new manager will be then[emoji23]

Archived