Sign in to follow this  
clyde123

CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

None of the loan players or late signings (Goodwillie/Rutkiewicz) ever had pictures. All the pictures are taken with players in the generations shirt which didn’t arrive until after Easton was injured which is presumably why he’s not pictured.

20 minutes ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

What a dreadful list of candidates for the Manager role.

Who were you expecting?

13 hours ago, WBR said:

At least someone's trying to build bridges. :P

Aye, very good!

I'd be happy with Chapman, he knows how to win this league, done a decent job with Annan. Yes he doesn't play fast free flowing fitbaw, but mind Barry tried this and failed. This is the basement league for a reason, we need a hammer thrower and a team full of hatchet men to get out of this pishy league.

Nonsense. Not one single hatchet man in the Arbroath team that just won the league.

I'd be happy with Chapman, he knows how to win this league, done a decent job with Annan. Yes he doesn't play fast free flowing fitbaw, but mind Barry tried this and failed. This is the basement league for a reason, we need a hammer thrower and a team full of hatchet men to get out of this pishy league.

Barry tried the hammer thrower thing too.
He did say that in this league you don't need ball players.
This failed but got us to the playoffs against QP.

I say if we're going to fail, at least do it playing exciting football.

First thing DC said to Prunty, a striker, was that a good defence will win you this league. Strange saying that to a striker but look what happened and look at our goals against... nuff said.

Few game changers, Linn, McCord, Doris etc, a good spirit and you're sorted.

First thing DC said to Prunty, a striker, was that a good defence will win you this league. Strange saying that to a striker but look what happened and look at our goals against... nuff said.

Few game changers, Linn, McCord, Doris etc, a good spirit and you're sorted.

Agree totally arbroath and elgin were best two teams to watch different arbroath defence was far better

I wouldn't say arbroath were anything like hammer throwers

100% agree; sort out the defence and this league is winnable (or playoff) for most teams; in our case this season it was all to obvious. That of course and a goal keeper that can actually do his job.

Of course its also true though that others, apart from the back, 4 must contribute defensively, again a huge issue with us this year.   

100% agree; sort out the defence and this league is winnable (or playoff) for most teams; in our case this season it was all to obvious. That of course and a goal keeper that can actually do his job.
Of course its also true though that others, apart from the back, 4 must contribute defensively, again a huge issue with us this year.   

As I've said before wouldn't keep more than 4 or 5 from last year's squad

How any team wins a league, a solid defence you havr to build from the back. No point having strikers knocking 3 or 4 in if you conceded 5 at the other end

I'm not sure Jim Chapman would be the answer to our defensive frailties. Annan aren't, and haven't been, the stingiest of back lines in recent seasons.

Get chapman tae f**k

You undecided on whether he is the right man for job?

I hope the board run an absolute mile from anything that Alex Smith says.

Get the right man for the job, experienced or inexperienced.