CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Chuffed with the acquisition of Currie and content with Miller returning. Only heard good things about Currie and seems an impressive signing for someone who seemed to be gaining attention from a division or two higher...about time we had a consistent keeper too!

I've always liked Miller. Like so many others, he was ruined by Ferguson's utter incompetence in both utilising his skills and motivating him. Hoping with proper coaching and guidance, he can play an important part.

Glad to see plenty of friendlies lined up as soon as July kicks off. Squad is slowly but surely coming together and with the rumoured signing of Darren Ramsey on the horizon...positives dare I say?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-6-13 at 12:08, David W said:

GK

Blair Currie 

DEF

Jack Breslin

Jordan Stewart

Ewan McNeil

Martin McNiff

Jordan Lowdon

MID

Matty Flynn

Scott Ferguson

Darren Miller 

FWD

David Goodwillie

David Gormley

UNKNOWN

Connor Quinn, Phil Johnston, Scott Linton.

I hope we've got something up our sleeve after looking at that, still need a gk 4 mids and a couple of strikers possibly another CB 

If I've learned anything recently it's to keep my powder dry regarding my views on new players.

Our recent history of recruiting "world beaters" who turned out to be complete haddies had taught me that if nothing else.

Would take Linton in a heart beat. We need a left back/left mid and he would cover both of those.

Has he had injuries or something? He should really be waking into a team like Clyde surely.

Ignore what people are saying; he was excellent last season until he got an injury which he kept trying to play through. Losing him would be another dreadful blow.

He had a hernia problem but I'm sure the website said that it was a groin problem either way he was out for a while 
Could be he wasn't going to be fit for the start of the season and the wages better spent elsewhere 

Might want to invest in a used copy of Gray's Anatomy text book [emoji6]

Linton like a good few looked to have piled the pounds on last season did struggle with injuries and really with the omni shambles that was 75% of last season it's very hard to judge any player
Cracking player on his day and got shunted around the team last year again wouldn't have a bad word said against him
All about opinions but not a game changer like Easton
Interesting to see where he goes think he might get league 1 team
Looks like Chapman clearing the decks

If this is another situation like Easton and he couldn't prove his fitness and maybe miss part of the season, that is all part and parcel of football, do the new men in charge believe all the players in the squad are going to stay injury free all season? I would much rather have players like Easton and Linton in the squad because let's face it, whoever we bring in are going to be inferior to those two.

Losing two or three on current wages probably equivlant of losing 6 on nxt season pay slip id imagine. Knew this would happen and if i remember i called it the weekend of BF departure but it had to happen. We overpaid/over spent/rely'd on handouts last season and nearly went out the league/game. Give me a team of low wage earners and high bonus over that lot any day o week

Archived