CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Just a thought, I assume chapman is still talking to players, current and new, about signing for us. 

Anyone else think he may use the loan market for season long loans or even till January? Seemed he used it down at Annan but that may also have been due to struggling to get players to go down permanently. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a thought, I assume chapman is still talking to players, current and new, about signing for us. 
Anyone else think he may use the loan market for season long loans or even till January? Seemed he used it down at Annan but that may also have been due to struggling to get players to go down permanently. 

Norrie Innes indicated that we would use the loan system at the recent meeting with fans. To what extent I don't know.

So where are we now?
GK
DEF
Jack Breslin
Jordan Stewart
Ewan McNeil
Martin McNiff
Jordan Lowdon
MID
Matty Flynn
Scott Ferguson
FWD
David Goodwillie
David Gormley
UNKNOWN
Connor Quinn, Phil Johnston, Jordan McMillan, Chris Smith, Michael Oliver, Scott Linton.

Quite a bit of work to do. Next couple of weeks will be interesting.

Remnants of a decent squad there. It's a start. Personally hoping Smith and Linton are kept on and with the rumoured signing of Currie from Annan imminent it seems, things are slowly taking shape.

Fingers crossed JC has already nailed down another 3/4 new faces alongside this. As has been said, very interesting few weeks ahead.

As I’ve said before, sad to see Chris Smith leave as I’ve always liked him as a player and think he’s more than capable at this level, despite some poor performances this season. However, he’ll never fit into the same defence as McNiff so there’s no point in having both of them.

McMillan should have been a good signing, and I thought he looked it in defensive midfield, but when moved back into defence played as poorly as everyone else.

Hopefully, more confirmed releases will mean some more signings shortly.

12 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Still no word on Phil Johnston
emoji27.png

Maybe they keep trying to tell him he’s being released but he keeps using his pace to run away from them, the way you could run away from the referee to avoid yellow cards in old FIFA games.

Agree with most around the three recently released; Junior did put in some great performances particularly season before last and as such will be I'm sure in the "Thanks and welcome back category". Last year as we know he was hugely inconsistent so I'm not too disappointed he is away.

McMillan I thought was a big disappointment looked a pretty decent player as a defensive midfield player but very ordinary in back four. Oliver, simply not good enough unfortunately.

Hopefully no news is good news regarding Linton, again, if fit a good player at our level.  

I thought smith was poty in his first season with us, totally different player this year though. 

Oliver and McMillan were poor so not bothered to see them go. 

Hoping linton stays, with Currie as first choice keeper with Quinn as back up would give us good options. 

GK

DEF

Jack Breslin

Jordan Stewart

Ewan McNeil

Martin McNiff

Jordan Lowdon

MID

Matty Flynn

Scott Ferguson

FWD

David Goodwillie

David Gormley

UNKNOWN

Connor Quinn, Phil Johnston, Scott Linton.

Disappointed that McMillan has been released as I think a good pre-season would've helped him. Obviously a good player. Smith was atrocious last year.

Thought Smith was very poor last season and glad to see his gone. McNeil would be a big loss if any truth to the rumour. He was about the only defender to look composed regardless of where he was playing right or left back or centre half.

Archived