Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
clyde123

CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Is it possible to know who has organised this evening?

The official meeting or the fan organised one? I'm happy to admit I was part of the latter. If others involved want to identify themselves then I'll let them make that call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

The official meeting or the fan organised one? I'm happy to admit I was part of the latter. If others involved want to identify themselves then I'll let them make that call. 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

Really hope we announce a new manager soon, so we can get to looking for players nice and early

Closing date is Monday, so would imagine end of next week at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the last 10 years, if the Club are smart they'll be relieved that irrespective what's said at the meeting, there's people left who give enough of a shit to arrange one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've kept out of the meeting discussion so far, but there's a couple of things I'd like to know before deciding whether to attend , and a pont I'd like to make.

I've asked this on the OS forum thread about this meeting, but not had a response as yet.

Is the meeting to be held in a room or area to which we will have exclusive access, or will it be in a public area where the general public have access?

Will it be properly structured with a chairperson and some way of keeping it controlled?

 

As regards the need or otherwise for the CIC meeting ahead of this one, as a member/owner/punter who pays his way, I would expect a CIC meeting with our new Chairman to hear his thought/opinions and plans, some of which may need input from members, before he attends an open meeting to address/answer the fans in general on what could be some contentious issues.

i don't think the Chairman would be in a position to talk freely otherwise.

And no, I'm not an apologist for the Board, just someone who thinks things should be done as correctly as possible.

I'm very much in favour of all fans being given as much information as possible and full transparency, but give the CIC members their place. I don't expect to hear important news/announcements second hand from an open meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I've heard Darren young and Chapman mentioned as possible new management 

As in Darren Young or Chapman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gormley with us again next season.Heard it here first.


On twitter last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've kept out of the meeting discussion so far, but there's a couple of things I'd like to know before deciding whether to attend , and a pont I'd like to make.
I've asked this on the OS forum thread about this meeting, but not had a response as yet.
Is the meeting to be held in a room or area to which we will have exclusive access, or will it be in a public area where the general public have access?
Will it be properly structured with a chairperson and some way of keeping it controlled?
 
As regards the need or otherwise for the CIC meeting ahead of this one, as a member/owner/punter who pays his way, I would expect a CIC meeting with our new Chairman to hear his thought/opinions and plans, some of which may need input from members, before he attends an open meeting to address/answer the fans in general on what could be some contentious issues.
i don't think the Chairman would be in a position to talk freely otherwise.
And no, I'm not an apologist for the Board, just someone who thinks things should be done as correctly as possible.
I'm very much in favour of all fans being given as much information as possible and full transparency, but give the CIC members their place. I don't expect to hear important news/announcements second hand from an open meeting.


At no point has anyone said he shouldn't meet the CIC members first it seems the only group getting their knickers in a twist are members because the chairman is coming to an informal meeting with fans it's an open meeting on the Saturday. Couldn't make this stuff up.


Clyde and doing things right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

 


At no point has anyone said he shouldn't meet the CIC members first it seems the only group getting their knickers in a twist are members because the chairman is coming to an informal meeting with fans it's an open meeting on the Saturday. Couldn't make this stuff up.


Clyde and doing things right emoji23.png
 

 

Can't talk for anyone else, but I'm certainly not getting my knickers in a twist because the Chairman is coming to an open meeting with the fans. I think it's a good idea.

It seems to me that certain people are getting theirs in a twist because a CIC meeting has been arranged ahead of it.

Given the Chairman has not had a meeting with CIC members since being co-opted, it just seems to me to be a perfectly logical thing to do.

I really can't understand why anyone at all would get their knickers in a twist about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can't talk for anyone else, but I'm certainly not getting my knickers in a twist because the Chairman is coming to an open meeting with the fans. I think it's a good idea.
It seems to me that certain people are getting theirs in a twist because a CIC meeting has been arranged ahead of it.
Given the Chairman has not had a meeting with CIC members since being co-opted, it just seems to me to be a perfectly logical thing to do.
I really can't understand why anyone at all would get their knickers in a twist about it.

I haven't seen this anywhere ,
I load made up twaddle along with the conspiracy theories that the open meeting is a take over bid.
It's just usual pettiness that's plagued the club for years.

When the analogy was put up a time ago liking it to a bowling club committee never was a truer word spoken




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

Gormley with us again next season.Heard it here first.

He had a really decent season from mid-November on and was one of very few to keep battling in every game. Carried us through the cup. Over the whole season he basically had a goal every third appearance which is decent for someone who was so bad early in the campaign and was a substitute on a number of occasions.

He actually got 15 goals in the last 30 games of the season, league and cup.

I hope he's not our main striker but there's not many better second/third choice strikers in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...