CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You seem rather blasé in your dismissal of the price increase. It's hardly trivial; £14 is quite simply an insult in terms of the value for money on show at this level of Scottish football.

As has already been mentioned the cost of living is constantly increasing, whilst wages either remain frozen or any slight increase barely offset the aforementioned. As far as entertainment goes, a Xbox One/PS4 game will set you back by £50 and a gig close to £100 pounds these days so yes, the collective we are hoping to entice are already being completely fleeced. For less than £10 you could see a 2hr long movie. Or put it this way, for £14 pounds you could get a return ticket from Croy to Glasgow and into a pub to watch one of the old scum with a pint each  half for that, and we honestly wonder where it's all going wrong?

Do you feel that this would have been justifiable if proposed in lets say October 2017? Let's say they then propose another £1.26 per game increase next season again, would this still be scoffed at as irrelevant?

We have only now started to observe fans returning with increased attendances being recorded, so what sort of a message does this send out. The next time we hit a dip in form it will be even harder to convince people to return again. Entry prices should only be revised once we have secured promotion, something that looks highly unlikely at this stage of the season.

So it's really nothing to do with cost it's wether or not people see it as value for money well if they don't crowds will drop as will season tickets

So let's see who is right you or the chairman

Unbelievable no matter the result tonight we still go into the last game with a chance( no matter how slim) of reaching the play offs On and off the pitch things are looking positive

And what do we get moaning about season tickets going up my a miniscule amount and a quid increase on walk up.

Ok, for any game I intend going to, i will offer the club the following deal. If you are in the top 4 i will pay £15. If you are outside a play off place it is £10 to get in.  Can’t say fairer than that. Pay for performance.

You intending to go to games, things at the club must be on the up. [emoji23]

Do you need directions on how to get to broadwood[emoji6]

£14 is too much for this level but I don’t mind paying it as i want the club to do well, I’ll be buying my yearly season ticket.. but if you are going to pay £14 to watch football like we were playin start of the season don’t be surprised to see less people turnin up. I want to be seeing us challenging for the title... 

I'm surprised by the negativity over the season ticket pricing. (But I suppose I should know better)

We are pretty well unanimously happy with the turn around in our form and looking forward to next season in whichever league we are playing.

So why are so many of us moaning about a relatively small increase in prices? The player budget has to be funded and the more money that goes into the pot the better. At least we can be relatively certain that the management team will spend it wisely and not piss it up against a wall like former ones did.

If my maths is correct a guy with a 14 year old  and 11 year old can attend the games at less than £12 a time. That doesn't  seem expensive to me.

I hope the  200 fund is available next season and is fully subscribed as well. Great way to boost the player budget I thought?

2 hours ago, Arbuckle said:

People like David W really piss me off, quoting things like we only have 3 players signed on for next season. That might be the case and do you really think that's the priority for the management team right at this moment.

Do you not think for one minute that the management team will not sort this, David W?

Lets be honest here, we have a real management team in place and thank god we do. The chairman has shown real intent in under a year, his ambitions are clear to see. Not like the joker we had for far to long previously and a lot of people backed him.

Come on folks lets be real here

:bairn:bairn:bairn

If you're happy forking out £200 without knowing what you'll be seeing, that's fine, there's plenty of place in football for blind faith. The price rise itself doesn't overly bother me. However, a price rise, without any accompanying incentive, justification or knowledge (are we just to assume we'll have a good team next season?), is always going to attract complaints, criticism and scepticism.

Whilst not of anywhere near the same magnitude, it's similar to being fed a story about a move to EK where the ONLY concrete fact was that we'd be changing name. I am by no means critical in the main of the board/chairman, but this is another example where communication could be delivered in a way that cuts out a lot of this debate and disagreement. Within the website article, a simple statement from the chairman explaining the reasons (and there could be one or several) for an increase would leave people a lot happier.

And it's not remotely relevant, but preparing a playing squad for next season should absolutely be a priority for the management team at the moment. We lost out on good players last summer by not appointing a manager until late May.

Think the notion that the Management team have not already began working on players for next season does them a disservice.

But to this point, the seasons not over, we have a game to play, and it could be an allmighty one if result goes our way tonight. That should be the only focus. Once we have played our final game of the season, i'm sure there will be news.

1 hour ago, David W said:

If you're happy forking out £200 without knowing what you'll be seeing, that's fine, there's plenty of place in football for blind faith. The price rise itself doesn't overly bother me. However, a price rise, without any accompanying incentive, justification or knowledge (are we just to assume we'll have a good team next season?), is always going to attract complaints, criticism and scepticism.

Whilst not of anywhere near the same magnitude, it's similar to being fed a story about a move to EK where the ONLY concrete fact was that we'd be changing name. I am by no means critical in the main of the board/chairman, but this is another example where communication could be delivered in a way that cuts out a lot of this debate and disagreement. Within the website article, a simple statement from the chairman explaining the reasons (and there could be one or several) for an increase would leave people a lot happier.

And it's not remotely relevant, but preparing a playing squad for next season should absolutely be a priority for the management team at the moment. We lost out on good players last summer by not appointing a manager until late May.

The increase in admission/season ticket prices has to cover more than just attracting/appointing players. Other costs are rising year on year, and , even if we were keeping the same squad, do you not think they would be asking/deserving wage increases? Everybody expects a pay increase don't they.

It's not all about price rises without  any accompanying incentive, it's also about the Club paying it's way in all areas. Why would we need the Chairman to explain price rises?

I’m interested to know did you purchase a season ticket this season, with all the great Annan signing we made during the summer.

Also did you purchase a season ticket backing the previous Chairmans wonderful Annan model he wanted.

26 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

The increase in admission/season ticket prices has to cover more than just attracting/appointing players. Other costs are rising year on year, and , even if we were keeping the same squad, do you not think they would be asking/deserving wage increases? Everybody expects a pay increase don't they.

It's not all about price rises without  any accompanying incentive, it's also about the Club paying it's way in all areas. Why would we need the Chairman to explain price rises?

Then they should say it's to cover increased costs, or for wage rises or for reason X. Whilst some are happy to trust the board (and I'm quite happy to do so myself), others see what appear to be improved revenue streams elsewhere (Bar 58, 200 club, hospitality developments) and question why it'll cost £2 more to see a game at Broadwood than at most other grounds in the division. The difference in opinion on this (and every other matter regarding Clyde) means that clarity should be at the centre of every statement they put out; it's not like it's not well known that the audience is a demanding and mixed one. With no offence meant to some other sides in the division, there's a level of micro-analysis that takes place around Clyde issues which should demand a clearer line of communication.

Within the last three/four pages, you've had people suggesting a natural increase, or to fund a bigger wage budget, to take advantage of an upturn in form and any number of other reasons. There's other things I've discussed with people which haven't been mentioned on here. They might all be reasons, or it may just be one of them.

By not providing clarity however, if there is a price rise but not a corresponding improvement in players, some will no doubt say "but what of our increased ticket prices"? It wasn't promised or suggested, but some are taking that  it's been implied.  Or if the AGM in 8 months or so reveals that the extra season ticket money went into buying a jukebox for Bar 58 ( facetious example) whilst we sit bottom half, what is the reaction then?

39 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I’m interested to know did you purchase a season ticket this season, with all the great Annan signing we made during the summer.

Also did you purchase a season ticket backing the previous Chairmans wonderful Annan model he wanted.

I purchased a season ticket the day of the first home league match, based on a couple of decent cup ties (I know SP!!) and the Berwick away game. It looked like we'd be entertaining if a bit long ball. I'm going to go to all the games regardless but I was seriously considering just paying in game by game. My reasons for not buying one earlier were nothing to do with the Annan players specifically (some of whom were and are good League 2 players), but the lack of ambition professed by the chairman at fan meetings, which matched up with the transfer policy of moving on our best players and bringing in cheap options. Fortunately he seems to have learnt from that if January is anything to go by.

The previous three/four seasons I think there were plenty of on-field reasons to buy one, with the ambition and optimism stemming from a manager who may have ultimately failed, but certainly didn't accept our position in this league..

Oooft, just the three separate responses and not once amongst your gibbering mess did you address any of the points or questions which I raised. That's impressive even by your standards!

Why would they announce an increase in
Season tickets in October ? The 200 club was announced and I said it was a good idea I also purchased a season ticket for my son in January. If you think the increases are unjustified then fair enough I've said before if people don't want to pay it then fair enough but to say it would put people off buying one is nonsense
As for the timing makes sense the team is playing well and feel good factor returning well for most

Yes I think it's justified

You seem annoyed what's happened your comps for games been stopped [emoji23]

Everybody expects a pay increase don't they.

A lot of people work in areas where this isn’t a realistic expectation. In fact if I worked for a company that had managed 6 months good performance in the last decade asking for a pay rise would take some brass neck.

£14 for any match at this level is daylight robbery. You can justify it however you like by trivialising the amount extra being added on but the simple fact is the product is ridiculously overpriced. After the utter pish we have been served up in recent years whacking up the price at all is a slap in the face.

Archived