Sign in to follow this  
clyde123

CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

How much money goes Goodwillie get ? He gets paid by a private sponsor and the amount I heard doesn’t sound legit. Surely 

Wow! Well balanced question there. I'm fascinated by the depth of both your feeling and insight.

11 minutes ago, Mamtora said:

He will compliment  Tom Lang. "Well played, Tom" and " Good tackle, Tom." That sort of thing.

Might also complement him.

29 minutes ago, Castlemilk Clyde said:

How much money goes Goodwillie get ? He gets paid by a private sponsor and the amount I heard doesn’t sound legit. Surely 

Loads

53 minutes ago, Dailly Male said:

Might also complement him.

That is what I hope will happen. Had I used "complement" then there would have been no attempt at humour. I do hope you know the difference in definition. 

I think I'll wait to see how any new players perform for us before comment

Every transfer window we seem to sign "exciting" talents who turn out to be shite.

Before I succumb to the pressure of drinking heavily on this special evening , may I wish all contributors to Pie & Bovril my wish for 2018,

Peace, Love  and Goodwill.............ie!

4 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

Why you wouldn’t take a midfielder who has 23 goals this season is beyond me.

7 of them in the diddy league cup at the start of the season and god knows how many of his goals have been penalties. As I said a heart the size of a peanut.

7 of them in the diddy league cup at the start of the season and god knows how many of his goals have been penalties. As I said a heart the size of a peanut.

Totally agree no thanks total imposter

28 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

god knows how many of his goals have been penalties. 

You're right. 5.

If you decide (for whatever reason) to take out his 5 penalties, and the goals from the Challenge Cup (ignoring that most came against Hamilton/QotS) and the Scottish Cup, he's still got 12 non-penalty league goals this season.  Which (and he could easily have more at a lower level) would have him as joint top scorer in League 2, applying the same criteria to Mark McGuigan.

That doesn't include the assists he has made, and the space he opens for other players. He'd elevate us to a completely different level as a team. Size of heart regardless (and what does that even mean? Would you rather have a Liam Cusack?).

I'm not really wanting to get into an argument about this (again), mainly as there isn't a real argument to be had. Literally none. Referring to some insipid performances out of position as a wing-back, 10 years ago, under John Brown, at a much higher level, is absolutely desperate stuff. 

You're right. 5.

If you decide (for whatever reason) to take out his 5 penalties, and the goals from the Challenge Cup (ignoring that most came against Hamilton/QotS) and the Scottish Cup, he's still got 12 non-penalty league goals this season.  Which (and he could easily have more at a lower level) would have him as joint top scorer in League 2, applying the same criteria to Mark McGuigan.

That doesn't include the assists he has made, and the space he opens for other players. He'd elevate us to a completely different level as a team. Size of heart regardless (and what does that even mean? Would you rather have a Liam Cusack?).

I'm not really wanting to get into an argument about this (again), mainly as there isn't a real argument to be had. Literally none. Referring to some insipid performances out of position as a wing-back, 10 years ago, under John Brown, at a much higher level, is absolutely desperate stuff. 

No you going on about how good this character is , it's totally embarrassing

Ok , glad you don't want to get into an argument over this, good to know anyone who has a different opinion to you is wong.  Size of heart refers to him being a total shitebag on the park, short memory if you don't remember his half hearted performances for us.

Ok , glad you don't want to get into an argument over this, good to know anyone who has a different opinion to you is wong.  Size of heart refers to him being a total shitebag on the park, short memory if you don't remember his half hearted performances for us.

Since leaving us he has consistently performed well and scored goals at a level above our own. Enough said surely. . .

Chairman's new year message sounds positive.
I'd have added a number 11 to the list - Get out of this league