CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

1 hour ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

Bit of a sweeping statement there ya tadger !!

Mate, Clyde fans literally celebrate rape. 

Clyde fans are up their with the OF in the utter dregs of society stakes now tbh. Horrible victim blaming scumbags. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:

Youve lost it ! If you read it i actually said i wasnt even mentioning the initial post because of the content. 40 years ago ? Wtf are you on about ? Back to your bigot forms, hardman.

qnrzyI.gif

40 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:

Ill await your post having a go at celtic and the bigotted fans then...bell end !

This has f**k all to do with Celtic tbf. 

Gene, i think he may be referring to a certain Mr James Torbett Esq., a rampant, reprehebsible child-bender removed from Celtic FC's employ by Jock Stein, who subsequently spent 25+years a free man before being brought to justice. 

Of course, Gene, you didn't even mention this at all. The typically defensive-mechanism paintballing of all inhabitants of the West of Scotland is just their way of justifying their other, none-too-innocent manners of celebrating what they deem a 'culture'. I wouldn't bother with him, hypersensitivity is the 'in' thing among the sectarianist-apology movement these days. 

They're nearly as bad as Thistle!!

Spot on EP

14 hours ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

It’s really a shame and this could happen to anyone nowadays, girls crying about rape seems to go up and up.. I could round up a large number of girls who have told me they have been raped over the years.. why would she go back to a hotel room with footballers if it wasn’t for one thing ? I’ve took a lot of girls home or to a hotel and we both knew what reason it was for.

she is a prostitute. she has targeted footballers because she knew there was money in it.

I spoke to a friend of Goodwillies Dad/family and he told me he’s knew david since he was a boy and there was no way in a million years he is a rapist

Jesus. Imagine actually thinking this. Then imagine not just thinking this, but posting it online so everyone can see your idiocy and victim shaming in full effect.

ThIs HAS nothing to do with Celtic, but when you are defending not only what you think about the club and the vagaries in this particular case, it is pretty cheap for any supporter of any team  to pass judgement, especially when their club have their own incidents they deal with.

12 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

ThIs HAS nothing to do with Celtic, but when you are defending not only what you think about the club and the vagaries in this particular case, it is pretty cheap for any supporter of any team  to pass judgement, especially when their club have their own incidents they deal with.

It absolutely is not.

Using that logic, the very idea of passing judgement or having an opinion about anyone or anything would be moot as we've all made some form of mistake in life. Total nonsense.

The point he made is the same point everyone other than Clyde supporters is making; to support a rapist is at best misguided and at worst a tacit endorsement of his action.

Do you have songs you sing that praise him, for example? I would find that very uncomfortable indeed were I a Clyde supporter.

I mind several fellow Aberdeen supporters (not on here I think) trying to defend Goodwillie singing for us, but some of the rape apology on this thread really takes the cake. Disheartening to see that, much in the same way as the Tonev incident at Celtic, some people will revert to club tribalism because it's "their" player rather than be rightly disgusted. 

Come to think of it, Clyde FC have made it a bit of a habit giving jobs to people with fairly unsavoury records. Andy Goram was a coach at the club when he was an alcy, banging players' maws and conning money off folk. Alan Lithgow, Adam Strachan, David Goodwillie, John Brown, John McCormack, Joe Miller. A real rogues gallery of thieves, spousal abusers, rapists, conmen, flashers and generally unsavoury characters. An odious little club.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Come to think of it, Clyde FC have made it a bit of a habit giving jobs to people with fairly unsavoury records. Andy Goram was a coach at the club when he was an alcy, banging players' maws and conning money off folk. Alan Lithgow, Adam Strachan, David Goodwillie, John Brown, John McCormack, Joe Miller. A real rogues gallery of thieves, spousal abusers, rapists, conmen, flashers and generally unsavoury characters. An odious little club.

Tell us how you really feel . Any argument or reasoning that could have been had with you is now moot as you put it.

7 minutes ago, Clydeontheup said:

Tell us how you really feel . Any argument or reasoning that could have been had with you is now moot as you put it.

I resorted to poking the bear for my own amusement as all attempts at reasoned debate had been roundly ignored. I'd still love to hear the opinions on this matter from more Clyde fans to see if the ones thus far have been a noisy minority or not.

Archived