CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cracking patter.
Are you the crywanker who runs this site by any chance?
http://www.bullyweeclyde.net

I've asked this before but have never had a reply that addresses the point.

Why no moral indignation when we signed and played the CONVICTED flasher and public masturbator Alan Lithgow?
He was described by the sheriff as a good footballer but nothing more than a nasty pervert.

Or Adam Strachan the wife beater?

Incidently, before anyone uses it, the role model argument is nonsense and you know it.

I've asked this before but have never had a reply that addresses the point.

Why no moral indignation when we signed and played the CONVICTED flasher and public masturbator Alan Lithgow?
He was described by the sheriff as a good footballer but nothing more than a nasty pervert.

Or Adam Strachan the wife beater?

Incidently, before anyone uses it, the role model argument is nonsense and you know it.

Strachan was/is an utter scumbag of a human being, yet we made him captain.

Not even comparable to the Goodwillie situation, where at best there is some doubt over the allegation, enough so that no criminal conviction was made. If he was a nobody rather than a (reasonably) high profile and well off individual I think it's questionable if an allegation would even have been made.

Cracking patter.

Are you the crywanker who runs this site by any chance?

http://www.bullyweeclyde.net

All that's missing from this foaming at the mouth, tinfoil hat wearing outburst is the suggestion that we should go junior for a brighter future.

Who even gives a f**k about the Rangers situation. It's probably run by that embarrassing, IRA sympathising MSP.

On 10/10/2017 at 15:43, Clyde01 said:

All that's missing from this foaming at the mouth, tinfoil hat wearing outburst is the suggestion that we should go junior for a brighter future.

Who even gives a f**k about the Rangers situation. It's probably run by that embarrassing, IRA sympathising MSP.

Now changed to goodbye.

It's actually a shame; that website had lots of old Football First footage; some of the real classics going from Proudlock to Bouadji. 

Watched Edinburgh play Stenny tonight. And yeah, just for everyone's information... Jesus Garcia Tena's better on a quarter tank than any of our defenders on a full one. He's stuck with a guileless Edinburgh side who don't desperately need him while we've more wingers, jinkers and jivers than we can use.

What'll it be now, I wonder? Back to the 'we were spoiled with Barry' patter or just good old throw-around concepts like recovery pace.

Bring me thy mud that I might throw it...

Reading that That X1 today just doesnt look like a team that would strike fear into my team if i was manager of keith or beith... Got a bad feeling about this.. Maybe its just the trend...

To quote you more than above. "..." and "...".
What does that mean?

10 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Thought that team was fairly similar to what we've played all year.

Not at all. Being without Flynn and Miller does us all sorts of favours. Likewise, having Nicoll out of the defence - or in it, but in a three - is an important difference. Having Smart on the pitch too, gives us a useful physical dimension which some will underrate or fail to put any emphasis on until their dying day. And perhaps more importantly than all that, Home's being brought back in from a stupid exile. I hope it'll wake people up to the fact that Home's about the only plausible centre half or right back we have, aside Munro. There was some ridiculous criticism of him earlier in the season. Particularly following Ayr at Somerset.

We could talk about Ramsay and Wright having more permanent roles now, too.

Good win today, Peterhead will be a sterner test.

Home's being brought back in from a stupid exile. I hope it'll wake people up to the fact that Home's about the only plausible centre half or right back we have, aside Munro. There was some ridiculous criticism of him earlier in the season. Particularly following Ayr at Somerset.

The criticism wasn't ridiculous, he runs like he is towing a caravan and was horribly exposed for pace at right back on a number of occasions. He is pretty solid defensively though and as a centre half his lack of pace might not be so exposed. Definitely a more useful player than several other of our so called defenders.

No, the criticism was ridiculous. Why? He was playing in a midweek game, against a full-time team, in great form, on their patch, against excellent wide players. That we would write a player off for that, given the regard in which some still hold players like Matt Flynn , is the very definition of ridiculous. And make no mistake: write-off was the opinion of the time. Of course, it wasn't a week or so earlier he'd faced up against a fairly quick and jinky winger against Dumbarton at Broadwood and handled him excellently. More than that, he'd been solid enough in every previous appearance; and every one since. But those facts disappeared down a memory hole; a mood took us and we forgot them.

Yes: he does run like he has a caravan in tow. So did Marvin Andrews. We had our best ever finish in this league with him at the back. Anyone looking at Home's game can see he is a genuine defender. That is, a lad that's played there for a wee bit and has the qualities you expect: aggression, strength, bravery, a decent jump, a strong tackle. Only Home, Stewart and Munro have shown all of those things in more than one game this season, and threaten to again.

Phil 'Recovery Pace' Johntsone was never "exposed for pace", he was just exposed for a lack of any ability to defend whatever. Witness his performances versus Bobby Linn, then those of Ewan McNeil against the same player. Johnstone could match Linn in a leg race; McNeil couldn't. McNeil would anonymise Linn; Johnstone would make him the star of the show. I'll take a slow defender before a 'no defender' every day.

Archived