CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Yeah it's front the q&a bit. I really should login to that more [emoji23][emoji51].

"The Board have taken the conscious decision to focus all resources and efforts on strengthening the Clubs Commercial and Operational status at Broadwood and in turn harnessing this to help support our improved footballing performance. This must be the Clubs priority. There is no active relocation sub group at this time."

That's what annoys me about the CIC membership.
Why shouldn't non members have access to this information?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

That's what annoys me about the CIC membership.
Why shouldn't non members have access to this information?

That is "fans" of the club. Supported for more than 40 years, season ticket holder for all of them, was a shareholder (sorry, donator!) but not a CIC member(would be if included in season ticket!

Unfair.A question is posed by an owner and the Club is obliged to reply.The response also goes onto say that an open statement will be issued shortly.

I am surprised that owners of Clyde do not take more advantage of this Q&A facility.Despite the claims of some,questions,no matter how awkward they may be for the Club,always get a response.

So where does that leave the chairman " 2 miles from shawfield " then ? Is there any point in him hanging around ? Got to admit to being disappointed but will have to lump it following Clyde has never been easy

I agree.

Lumping it would be a good phrase.

Quite simply Broadwood is a cavernous white elephant both physically and for atmosphere.

Still, of that's where I have to go to support my team, so be it.

6 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I agree.

Lumping it would be a good phrase.

Quite simply Broadwood is a cavernous white elephant both physically and for atmosphere.

Still, of that's where I have to go to support my team, so be it.

Your right the thing is half of us who attend have no connection to cumbernauld whatsoever and if Clyde left would never set foot in the place again.  It's not an insult on the new town it's just that Clyde were a Glasgow team when I started following and for me it was always a matter of pride that I supported Clyde  it shouted from the rooftops I was a football fan and not a bigot hope I haven't upset any fellow Clyde fans but I would love a return to Glasgow bully wee for ever come what may

6 minutes ago, ian mac said:

Your right the thing is half of us who attend have no connection to cumbernauld whatsoever and if Clyde left would never set foot in the place again.  It's not an insult on the new town it's just that Clyde were a Glasgow team when I started following and for me it was always a matter of pride that I supported Clyde  it shouted from the rooftops I was a football fan and not a bigot hope I haven't upset any fellow Clyde fans but I would love a return to Glasgow bully wee for ever come what may

So by that (and clearly "half" is a guess), half do have a connection to Cumbernauld? Clyde were a Glasgow team, they've now been a Cumbernauld team for 24 years, a fairly big chunk of the club's history. 

I think that's the problem; there's not an obvious place that we should be playing. I don't think moving back to Glasgow would be a great decision to be honest; the idea that a ton of (older) fans will come out of the woodwork and go to games REGULARLY is fanciful in my opinion. 

I'm not trying to be divisive  but 24 yrs is a smidgen into a history stretching back 139 yrs are you saying us older fans from the shawfield days should just go away quietly guys like me have kept the the club alive over the nomad yrs but we are still loyal travelling to north Lanarkshire  I would have thought  we were due a bit of thanks

There are plenty of fans who have never seen Clyde play as a home team in Glasgow, who have put plenty of time and money into the club, so you are not due any particular thanks, any more than any of those supporters.  Some of those supporters come from Cumbernauld, others not. You say you have no link to Cumbernauld; you've supported Clyde there for 24 years. 

I've yet to see one convincing argument as to why Glasgow is a better option than Cumbernauld (Cumbernauld, not Broadwood) other than some deep sense of nostalgia. If we move again it has to be for something factually better than what we have now. I'm happy to be convinced, but not by the fact that some people saw matches there years ago. I don't really care where Clyde play, as long its the best place for them to play.

I don't think moving back to Glasgow would be a great decision to be honest; the idea that a ton of (older) fans will come out of the woodwork and go to games REGULARLY is fanciful in my opinion. 

How many younger Cumbernauld fans go to games regularly?

There is no easy answer to where we should play. Whatever the decision someone will be unhappy.

Ultimately it should be what's best for the club that should be the driving force.

In my opinion, it won't get better in Cumbernauld. Kids get in for free and still they don't come to games.
The atmosphere is very poor and to me that is very important for me to really enjoy the match.
Getting to the stadium conveniently and easily by public transport is another issue. Other Clyde fans have alternative views which are probably just as valid.

I'm one of the "older Glasgow fans" and have followed Clyde at Shawfield, Firhill, Douglas Park and Cumbernauld. I'm not an Uber fan. I just go where my team go.

If we stay at Cumbernauld as the club think it's the best for the long term future of the club, I'll continue going to Cumbernauld.

Alternatively, if the long term future is to be in the Glasgow area, Cumbernauld fans should be willing to support and follow the team to Glasgow.

As I've said a few times before, I support Clyde Football Club not the towns of Cumbernauld or Glasgow.

How many fans go to games regularly? 

It may well be free to get in, but that's for U12s and they need an adult to go with them. It's £8 for a kid older than that. Neither of those is really conducive to getting groups of kids along  to games. 

I agree the atmosphere is poor. Bigger crowds would help, bigger away supports would help, winning football would help. No guarantee that would be better in Glasgow.

I agree the transport links aren't great, for fans travelling out from Glasgow. Especially night time games. Hopefully might improve in time as the local area continues to build up. 

I agree entirely with your final four lines.

1 hour ago, David W said:

How many fans go to games regularly? 

It may well be free to get in, but that's for U12s and they need an adult to go with them. It's £8 for a kid older than that. Neither of those is really conducive to getting groups of kids along  to games. 

I agree the atmosphere is poor. Bigger crowds would help, bigger away supports would help, winning football would help. No guarantee that would be better in Glasgow.

I agree the transport links aren't great, for fans travelling out from Glasgow. Especially night time games. Hopefully might improve in time as the local area continues to build up. 

I agree entirely with your final four lines.

I think one of the problems is that there is there is the ongoing community scheme at the  moment (those in the know can clarify on the nature of this) where youngsters come in with their parents, see half the game then as soon as the second half begins both them and the parents are nowhere to be seen.  As much as the club should be encouraging people to attend, this in itself cannot be conduit to a good atmosphere.

I can't say I'm 100 per cent in favour of remaining at Broadwood although if finances itself dictate that we have to stay there then so be it.  But given the noises made about going elsewhere, then I hope the further information provided at least gives some context as to why Broadwood is the preferred venue.

My opinion - Broadwood has for some time been soulless, gives the club little scope for revenue and continues to be the weight around our neck.  However, if there is no other feasible option, then what other choice do we have.  I do firmly believe though past and present boards are completely culpable for that (the Alexander regime for previously trying to sell us off to wherever they could and then suddenly trying to keep us at Broadwood regardless).

Whatever happens next needs to be a) thought out completely and not some knee-jerk reaction and b) properly communicated to ALL fans, not just those who are part of the CIC

So broadwood is root of all the club's ills ? I thought it was the fans fault well it was last Christmas it was nobody was volunteering that had us rooted bottom of the league.

Have a look at the record of the club under the CIC model and yet people tell me it works for our club , show me the evidence please. We ended up last season second bottom 8 games into the new season we are 3 points off the bottom of the league. Where is the accountability? Is it with chairman or directors ?

Time for a radical rethink , moving ground wouldn't make a difference at the moment you ok some stay aways might come back , but they would watch that the dross dished up week after week and disappear again.

Ps I would love to go back to Shawfield or rutherglen area But we have to sort out the club out first

Was broadwood a huge problem when we won the league in 1999

Or the season under Roberts when we beat Celtic?

Archived