CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

I wonder how many people are thinking. Is it time to sack the manager. He has had plenty of time to pull a squad together and let's be honest most of them know each other. It's just not happening and why wait like we did for BF hoping things will turn around. I'm sorry but your time is up Jim. Who we get to replace him is an interesting thought. I'm not sure on that one

Chapman needs time.
He usually has a three year plan. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has a two year deal and probably so has his number 2
We wouldn't have the money to pay them off why he given 2 years is antibodies guess.

We are simply a hostage to fortune now.

Ps if the football on display on Saturday continues there will be virtually nobody left in the stadium come January [emoji54]

I remember Jim telling me himself, never give anyone a two year contract at this level! No wonder he got all his pals a job at the same time! Has kit man Bill got a two year deal as well?

On 19/09/2017 at 08:59, GYSPY ARMY said:

I wonder how many people are thinking. Is it time to sack the manager. He has had plenty of time to pull a squad together and let's be honest most of them know each other. It's just not happening and why wait like we did for BF hoping things will turn around. I'm sorry but your time is up Jim. Who we get to replace him is an interesting thought. I'm not sure on that one

6 games? 

dont think I would even understand if we lost them all - which we haven’t.

have you even been to any games or are you just posting controversy for the sake of it?

or did someone tell you post that?

just trying to understand the basis for such a moronic opinion

Some explain why isn't a fan or fans allowed to have a view that the manager isn't good enough?
As usual if you don't how the party line your called some derogatory name , most of which is engineered by the usual characters who appear each season under a new alias with 30 posts to their name, best laugh is most people have a good idea who they are [emoji23] from wannabe be directors to the liggers looking for a bit of free hospitality [emoji6]

3 hours ago, David W said:

And a cracking write up the Forfar fans would give him as well.

I don't know the history between him and the Forfar fans, i don't read the papers and i don't bother browsing other teams threads, all i do know is he got them promoted at first time of asking last season, something none of our many managers have achieved in this division. Just the 1st name that came to my mind although it would be crazy to get shot of Champman after just 6 league games in charge, he deserves a chance after accepting the poison chalice.

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Some explain why isn't a fan or fans allowed to have a view that the manager isn't good enough?
As usual if you don't how the party line your called some derogatory name , most of which is engineered by the usual characters who appear each season under a new alias with 30 posts to their name, best laugh is most people have a good idea who they are emoji23.png from wannabe be directors to the liggers looking for a bit of free hospitality emoji6.png

Christ - who would want to be a director!

As well as the need for continuity on the park - and we have to give that a chance to materialise - we also in my opinion, need it off the park. One of the main perceived obstructions behind the scenes has gone, so those that remain and the new Chairman need more than 5 minutes to affect change.

If they get it wrong, then they are accountable, but surely they should be given some time?

14 minutes ago, Clyde4life said:

As well as the need for continuity on the park - and we have to give that a chance to materialise - we also in my opinion, need it off the park. One of the main perceived obstructions behind the scenes has gone, so those that remain and the new Chairman need more than 5 minutes to affect change.

If they get it wrong, then they are accountable, but surely they should be given some time?

No one will get time at Clyde. We've been down in the doldrums for too long, and long term supporters like Shawfield Shed Boy is losing the will to live. Whilst I dont see the need for panic on the park, we're now at the stage there's no happy medium.

There will always be many who just wont accept Chairman, Chapman, Broadwood, CIC, Currie or anything - but it's up to those on and off the park to quite frankly shut these guys up.

From now up until January crucial.

16 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Oh you would be surprised

Well I would be amazed! Why would anyone in their right mind want to be subjected to abuse before they even started trying to help?

Don't know any of them other than to say hello to, but I have much admiration for the too few who sit on the board.

I concede that Mr Alexander was a marmite charachter who divided much opinion.

Archived