CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do. Ramsay's corners have been good (e.g Nicoll goal v Stenny). Stewart's got a good delivery as well.

I'm not overly bothered. He's not a bad player and would no doubt have contributed during the rest of the season, but last week showed he's not in our best eleven.

Poor attitude and lost the head too quickly. Dead ball deliveries were decent but can't afford to carry a luxury player who shites out of tackles and tries to chip the goalie from 40 yards three times a match. Better off without him IMO and use the funds elsewhere.

Stunned to read sympathetic comments re Miller. Unacceptable attitude for a player of his age. Awful positional discipline. Timid in the tackle. Not particularly quick. Use of the ball not great. What redeemed the lad but his occasionally fruitful audacity? Seemed like he cared. And a decent bloke I'm sure. But come on. Being in two minds about a player of that quality is why we are where we are. He's a definite no.

Copied from my post on OS.. I know...time I grew up!

Missed game as landed in Canaries for 2 weeks, didn't know score till very last last night and was ragin when I seen it. Why do I care so much? 56 years old and still getting annoyed about this mob!! That's it no more will try to treat it as a game of football but my God it's hard. Like everyone else we try; season tickets year after year. Lottery every week, now the 200 club thing!

Absolutly gutted by whole thing. Son text with brief rundown on game...nothing changes, I can honestly see no why out of this, we will be down if not this year within 3 years. 

Chapman, Innes completely embarrassing situation!! what are you going to do about it? We the supporters are doing our best...are you??

A slightly different and more poignant post but, I thought I'd share this article about Chris Mitchell that a few Clyde fans had shared on Twitter. Although, I must stress it's a fairly tough read at times. Whilst Chris was only with Clyde for a short time, I hope that the continue to support the Chris Mitchell Foundation.

IMG_2030.JPG

ETA: I'm on my phone so I can't quite tell how clear the attachment is so here's a link to it.

I wonder how many people are thinking. Is it time to sack the manager. He has had plenty of time to pull a squad together and let's be honest most of them know each other. It's just not happening and why wait like we did for BF hoping things will turn around. I'm sorry but your time is up Jim. Who we get to replace him is an interesting thought. I'm not sure on that one

I wonder how many people are thinking. Is it time to sack the manager. He has had plenty of time to pull a squad together and let's be honest most of them know each other. It's just not happening and why wait like we did for BF hoping things will turn around. I'm sorry but your time is up Jim. Who we get to replace him is an interesting thought. I'm not sure on that one

It's way too soon to consider sacking anyone.

Saturday was dreadful but I can remember Duffy's team against a ten man Alloa, lost 1-0 at home with barely a shot on goal.
Ferguson's team against Stirling Albion at home with no shots on goal.
Both these managers were given time. Chapman should be given it too.

32 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

It's way too soon to consider sacking anyone.

Saturday was dreadful but I can remember Duffy's team against a ten man Alloa, lost 1-0 at home with barely a shot on goal.
Ferguson's team against Stirling Albion at home with no shots on goal.
Both these managers were given time. Chapman should be given it too.

Because we have made many an arse of it in the past is no reason to continue making an arse of it in the present. Many bigger teams than clyde have removed managers already this season.

He has a two year deal and probably so has his number 2
We wouldn't have the money to pay them off why he given 2 years is antibodies guess.

We are simply a hostage to fortune now.

Ps if the football on display on Saturday continues there will be virtually nobody left in the stadium come January [emoji54]

Archived