CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Could CIC members not request the full list of applicants after the choice is made. Would help some understand the number of applicants and also the quality.

I don't see the point in any such move, after the event. It would just put extra pressure on whoever gets the job. Every time we lose a game people will be saying "we should have appointed ......., not this joker".

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could CIC members not request the full list of applicants after the choice is made. Would help some understand the number of applicants and also the quality.

I think it's more likely that you'll be given the positive case for the choice of manager without reference to the unsuccessful candidates.

Bottom line is we really need out this league, sure everyone's sick of every season thinkin we should go up for it to fall flat in our faces.. Barry Ferguson was always goin to be a massive miss or a massive fail I personally want a good manager with experience this time.. I myself don't fancy bringing in chapman 

Hold on a minute, we have been told on an annual basis that Annan is the model we aspire to because their social club alone gives them a six figure head start every year budget wise.

Not quite, however Jim has competed at the top end of the table with far less money than most clubs, and we're not in a great location for attracting the best players neither.

Not quite, however Jim has competed at the top end of the table with far less money than most clubs, and we're not in a great location for attracting the best players neither.

I should have clarified that we are told this by our own board as a reason for needing to relocate and control our non match day income.

I would prefer Stark, but given the season we have had - who would actually want the job on the mystical belief that we are a sleeping giant? On that basis, a knowledge of the league, of our squad is essential and I'd imagine working to a lower than most budget. Chapman ticks those boxes.

I seem to recall he was well thought of in his early Dumbarton days, but if he does get the job, I hope there's a gig for Peaso in particular, and that his assistant bawbag is kept well away.

Just to add, with the players that Annan lost at the start of last season, I thought they would struggle big time. The fact that they got a play off place, says a lot about the quality of our league, but possibly that Chapman can get results.

5 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Hardly the actions of a responsible employer.

Job applications should at all times be kept private &  confidential, mainly to protect the applicant whose current position may be compromised by any such disclosure.

Not a suggestion worthy of anyone of board level calibre. 

14 minutes ago, Clutha Alba said:

Hardly the actions of a responsible employer.

Job applications should at all times be kept private &  confidential, mainly to protect the applicant whose current position may be compromised by any such disclosure.

Not a suggestion worthy of anyone of board level calibre. 

Just as well I am not then. I also hadn't picked up on us being responsible. My bad as they say.

Tuesday, 16th May 2017 11:39am

The deadline for applications for the first team manager position closed yesterday.
A meeting was then held to consider all of the applications in detail. Interviews with the shortlisted candidates are currently being scheduled for this week as the recruitment process continues.

from the OS

Just as well I am not then. I also hadn't picked up on us being responsible. My bad as they say.

The names will get leaked out , sure the texts have been flying about already to chosen few of course [emoji6]

10 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We need another Duffy

Aye, that's right. We really need someone to come in and consolidate our mediocrity.

Twenty odd years in coaching and management. Achievements: a title with Morton - Morton - in part-time time League One. Which, by the way, was won on the final day of the season with Stranraer in two-points touching distance. The man's a circuit-gaffer. At least Dick Campbell wins shit. Duffy's name is built on a hole in the air.

12 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Aye, that's right. We really need someone to come in and consolidate our mediocrity.

Twenty odd years in coaching and management. Achievements: a title with Morton - Morton - in part-time time League One. Which, by the way, was won on the final day of the season with Stranraer in two-points touching distance. The man's a circuit-gaffer. At least Dick Campbell wins shit. Duffy's name is built on a hole in the air.

I'm not saying Duffy is a messiah I meant we need an experienced team to get us out of this division, I probably should have worded it better my apologies. 

I thought Duffy did a good job at the club. He took us from bottom position to playoffs.

How many of us were moaning that Ferguson ripped apart Duffy's team?

He also had the ability to make the best of the players that we had.
Something Ferguson could not do.

Remember Marsh and McQueen standouts in defence and wee Fergie looking an exciting prospect.

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

How many of us were moaning that Ferguson ripped apart Duffy's team?

Just remember that Duffy's final act as manager was to give new contracts to dross like Watt, Scullion, Gray, Rajovic and others. Given that we lost MacDonald/McCluskey, we were always going to be poorer the next season. BF was quite right to bin the majority of them.

I'll give him full credit for that year; we played very well for long periods of it and were reasonably organised. Very unlucky in the play-offs. It has to be remembered that we got ridiculously lucky with injuries though; apart from Barclay I don't think anyone missed a decent period of the season.

You can't ignore the other poor seasons though (budget or no budget); the pathetic attempts against THE Rangers, the 18 game (half a season) run with only one win against a diabolical Shire side, the defensive lockdown imposed the minute we took the lead (no matter how deep into the game we were).

He's a decent manager, better than Ferguson in many ways, but nothing spectacular.

Archived