CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Take it you mean why?
Fed up hearing this every year..
Stop making these predictions as we don’t know who we will have signed for next season.
Loans will be gone and who is coming in?
Ok the management team is good but remember they chose that team today.
Let’s just hope players we get in are comparable if not better than the ones we lose.
I hope we can get a team together that will do us justice but please no more of this champions rubbish till we know what’s what.

It was a chew n the fat joke [emoji23]

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we keep Lennon and moore, we have every chance of going up next season. 

Goodwillie, not sure he'll be here, at the end of the day we've had over a year of a quality player. He's a great guy for everything he's done for us. 

Cant wait for next season, mon the Clyde. 

2 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

Take it you mean why?
Fed up hearing this every year..
Stop making these predictions as we don’t know who we will have signed for next season.
Loans will be gone and who is coming in?
Ok the management team is good but remember they chose that team today.
Let’s just hope players we get in are comparable if not better than the ones we lose.
I hope we can get a team together that will do us justice but please no more of this champions rubbish till we know what’s what.

They chose today's team, a team that had won more often than not in the last 3 months. It wasn't to be today and that's it. 

Roll on next season, Danny in charge with a good team if anythings to go by. 

Lighten up f**k sake man 

Naw, just keep making an a**e of yourself by declaring a year in advance about us winning this diddy league.
We did have a chance albeit very slight on Saturday morning of making it out of it but couldn’t even beat a team like Berwick at home so if you think that is league winning form carry on fooling yourself Ike.

How. Scottish colloquial equivalent of,”How come.” Ergo, “Why?”
Perhaps the lack of a question mark is the main issue here. As for the topic under discussion? Well I know nothing more than “that team” has done not to badly over the past three months.

There's more reason to be at least cautiously optimistic now than by comprison to seasons when we did qualify for the playoffs

The past 10 years must be one of the lowest points in the club's history, a lost / wasted decade. If we're to get back to where I feel we should be, that'll take more than a loan player here, a seasoned pro there, maybe become fairly stable in the equally nothing league above.  It comes down to the club's structure, foundations built in order to provide for that and enable it.

If we'd been promoted 2 years ago, they didn't exist.  There's now some early signs that they are.

Last summer with the manager and players brought in I didnt think we'd a hope in hell of doing anything.  For the first time I can remember, we now have a chairman who in effect admitted a mistake and did something about it.  That in itself is progress.  We are also clearly now earning from the stadium, and as it looks like it's been decided this will be our long term home, the next step should be to re-launch / re-build into the entire local area.  Many mistakes were made in the past, but organisations are just people, and people come and go.  New people don't have baggage.  New generations of potential supporters are born all the time, they don't have baggage either.  

So we now have a man at the helm who at least appears to have a handle on reality in a modern era, taking the necessary steps for the longer term benefit.  Time will tell.

We have a strong management duo.  For obvious reasons the team will likely look very different next season. The summer will be a test for them, I think they'll have their work cut out but again reason to be pretty optimistic they'll do what's necessary. 

You’re the one making an arse of yourself mate, look how caught up you are. 

I would say say one game isn’t form look at our results since say Christmas, that would be form, and I would say good form. 

Youre the one fooling yourself if you genuinely think we are going to win every game. Even if we did win yesterday we still wouldn’t have got the play offs so I don’t know why you’re crying like a wee bitch about yesterday’s result even if we won would still be in the same position. 

Do you think that form will carry over till next season?
Beaten by bottom and 3rd bottom when results are needed is no good.
I know of the progress we have made since DL and AM came in but we don’t know what kind of team we will have next season.
I hope it will be even better but I will not be making any rash predictions yet.

There's more reason to be at least cautiously optimistic now than by comprison to seasons when we did qualify for the playoffs
The past 10 years must be one of the lowest points in the club's history, a lost / wasted decade. If we're to get back to where I feel we should be, that'll take more than a loan player here, a seasoned pro there, maybe become fairly stable in the equally nothing league above.  It comes down to the club's structure, foundations built in order to provide for that and enable it.
If we'd been promoted 2 years ago, they didn't exist.  There's now some early signs that they are.
Last summer with the manager and players brought in I didnt think we'd a hope in hell of doing anything.  For the first time I can remember, we now have a chairman who in effect admitted a mistake and did something about it.  That in itself is progress.  We are also clearly now earning from the stadium, and as it looks like it's been decided this will be our long term home, the next step should be to re-launch / re-build into the entire local area.  Many mistakes were made in the past, but organisations are just people, and people come and go.  New people don't have baggage.  New generations of potential supporters are born all the time, they don't have baggage either.  
So we now have a man at the helm who at least appears to have a handle on reality in a modern era, taking the necessary steps for the longer term benefit.  Time will tell.
We have a strong management duo.  For obvious reasons the team will likely look very different next season. The summer will be a test for them, I think they'll have their work cut out but again reason to be pretty optimistic they'll do what's necessary. 

This.

27 minutes ago, The Clyde Man said:

Do you think that form will carry over till next season?
Beaten by bottom and 3rd bottom when results are needed is no good.
I know of the progress we have made since DL and AM came in but we don’t know what kind of team we will have next season.
I hope it will be even better but I will not be making any rash predictions yet.

I also hate people predicting we will win the league every pre-season, just setting us up for a fall but I do believe next season there is real cause for optimism. Yes I do believe we will carry over our form to next season, I do believe DL and AM will have a strong team next year,they have proven that they can identify the right players needed and can bring out the best in them. DL and AM came in this season to steady the ship and to direct us away from relegation and in the process got us within a  bawhair of the play-offs, I imagine this seasonthey will be targeting promotion and I for one have every faith they can achieve that.

I also hate people predicting we will win the league every pre-season, just setting us up for a fall but I do believe next season there is real cause for optimism. Yes I do believe we will carry over our form to next season, I do believe DL and AM will have a strong team next year,they have proven that they can identify the right players needed and can bring out the best in them. DL and AM came in this season to steady the ship and to direct us away from relegation and in the process got us within a  bawhair of the play-offs, I imagine this seasonthey will be targeting promotion and I for one have every faith they can achieve that.

I am of the same vein but with some very good players on the way out
I would hope Danny acquires others equivalent or better but if Goodie goes as rumoured he will have some job to replace him as almost independently he was our saviour last season.

Am I right in saying that Lang, love and goodwillie are the only ones signed for next year? 

If so, I'd personally like another keeper. Currie is alright but doesn't command his box and looks dodgy from cross balls. 

Would keep most who'd started most games, and add 4/5 other good players. 

Archived