CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's for the award ceremony but it always seems silly having this when there's still six, potentially ten, games left. 

Its also a shame there obviously wasn't a camera filming Smart's goal v Stranraer.

Was just having a look at the fixtures there, favourable run in for us. 

Stenhousemuirs last 2 are Montrose home, stirling away. 

Elgin have Peterhead home, Montrose away. 

We have Edinburgh away, Berwick home. 

Hoping berwick have secured their survival and have nothing to play for on the last game. 

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Was just having a look at the fixtures there, favourable run in for us. 

Stenhousemuirs last 2 are Montrose home, stirling away. 

Elgin have Peterhead home, Montrose away. 

We have Edinburgh away, Berwick home. 

Hoping berwick have secured their survival and have nothing to play for on the last game. 

Maybees aye maybees no. Elgin I think have 4 home and only 2 away games.  Although they haven't  travelled well recently, it's a whoore of a journey up to Elgin for most teams.

Think we just concentrate on winning games, if we don't then doesn't matter what the other teams do we have given ourself
a right good chance if we win tommorow then it's more pressure on stenny and elgin could be any of the three who make the play offs Its great we are involved in the mix considering where we were 3 months ago

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Maybees aye maybees no. Elgin I think have 4 home and only 2 away games.  Although they haven't  travelled well recently, it's a whoore of a journey up to Elgin for most teams.

3 home 3 away for elgin, berwick and annan away as well. 

Instrumental in the winning streak we're on. Intelligent player, good engine, good touch, can beat a man, great movement, great work-rate. Playing with a group of players on his wavelength now: full-backs that can feed him, midfielders whose first instinct isn't another touch but a pass.

Be interesting to see how much of it all faded if he were, like his opponents and most of his Clyde colleagues, only training part time. But he's been a sensation, really, from on-the-bench obscurity under Chapman.

Probably a bit early but wonder, as now we are safe from any religation threat, if the Board will look at contract extension for Lennon & Moore now? Or attempt to keep McStay etc for that matter.

More as a protection against predator clubs which must be looking at them given what they have done so far. Just a thought, I realise we have been stung before by extensions (Ferguson) but different circumstances. 

Probably a bit early but wonder, as now we are safe from any religation threat, if the Board will look at contract extension for Lennon & Moore now? Or attempt to keep McStay etc for that matter.
More as a protection against predator clubs which must be looking at them given what they have done so far. Just a thought, I realise we have been stung before by extensions (Ferguson) but different circumstances. 

See this a lot teams coming in for DL
Exactly who ? How long was he out of work He has done a brilliant job and hope he stays but I don't see a load of teams battering down the door to take him , well not many that would be better than staying with us , but never know

Ps a longer contract wouldn't protect us much as I'm sure he would want a get out clause

17 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

See this a lot teams coming in for DL
Exactly who ? How long was he out of work He has done a brilliant job and hope he stays but I don't see a load of teams battering down the door to take him , well not many that would be better than staying with us , but never know

Ps a longer contract wouldn't protect us much as I'm sure he would want a get out clause

Agreed. There's very few Scottish clubs look likely to be sacking their manager any time soon

Location's another thing. In the west central area, can't think of anyone.  He's not going to leave Clyde for anyone else in Leagues 1 and 2. Would think Falkirk will stick with Hartley. Dundee Utd could be a possibility.  He has a good track record at St Mirren and what he's done so far will have been noted, but it's still early and will probably be judged by other clubs over a longer term and getting us promoted

Unless lower league in England fancy a punt

It's been a tremendous effort by management and the players.  The last 10 games, 7 were away from home with the extra pressure of some midweek games. 3 of the remaining 5 are also away. If we do make the playoffs it'll be some achievement especially given so much has been earned on the road and the likelihood we'll need to win all remaining 5 unless the Stenny nosedive continues

Feel sorry for him as he showed so much potential until his injury.
Good luck Scott.
You're correct in saying that he showed so much potential.

However, I certainly do not feel sorry for him. He was lucky to be at the club for so long.

Archived