CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

4 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I agree about a target man to help Goodwillie. In my opinion, we also need a central midfielder and an aggressive centre half.

However, of there is no one else coming in, I'd rather have McNiff at centre half and Lang at fullback than have Duffy playing.
Duffy had not impressed me at all.

I agree, Duffy has been pretty poor any time I've seen , very disappointing.

As for Lang, no way I would move him, he's a natural right back, and we've not had a performance like yesterdays from anyone in that position this season

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also agree with last two; Duffie is awful. The issue with McNiff is that for 75% of the game he is ok, but there will be a costly mistake or two in there that takes all that away, poor player but nowhere near a bombscare as Duffie. Fortunately Home has became a very decent player indeed which is a bonus.  

Obviously if Goodwillie stays then proper forward alongside would be fantastic.

12 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Anyone who says they didn’t miss McCluskey when he left is full of shit, he went to Morton and was scoring hat tricks regularly, sure he’s in Juniors the now he’d happily be back st Clyde 

Aye, if we paid him. McCluskey went back to juniors because they were paying only £10 less than he was on at Alloa.  McCluskey will go where the money is. Personally i could take him or leave him, not one of my favourites.

McCluskey only performed well towards the end of his two year contract. We shouldn't forget his previous season and a half of that contact.

An indication of his commitment to the club was him famously missing a Clyde match buggering off to watch Sunderland.

Would I take him back? No thanks

3 hours ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I would like a Neil “Cooper” type playing for us. The club will be in contact with a lot of “Agents”. I hear we are in contact with “Dale” Park FC for one of their players.

Oh what a clever we Billy you are eh?

Yawn as you would say!

Taking Love out of the equation, I've been impressed with the calibre of player Lennon has brought in so far.

Lang was tremendous on Saturday, and Martin looked positive when he came on.

We know about Gourlay's qualities, and although not a priority position in my eyes, should provide competition to Currie, who has been excellent last two games, even though he had little to do against Peterhead.

Taking Love’s pending issues with authorities as a separate problem. I think Love will be a decent addition, on Saturday, without setting the Heather on fire , put in a very good shift and certainly offers more than recent so called players and I include the likes of Fergie in that. 

I absolutly accept however that views will quite rightly change if accusations are proven to be true! 

Archived