CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually said that to my son, when we were leaving the ground yesterday, bet someone comes in with a last minute offer for him. That's what the window produces, teams panic and he is available .

Just hope I'm wrong, not that I grudge him getting back to his proper level of course, we owe him big time .

If a club is interested. They will either no doubt be someone like say Ross county fighting for survival or for talking sake a Dundee united pushing to go up & same applies to english version, On that basis we should be holding the aces when it comes to any bid that comes in unless there is something written into his 2yr contract another advantage to us if the answer to just above is a no...

Bonkers BCB. Any other 3rd div striker isnt scoring that goal yday. From the run on the shoulder of defender to the calmness of the finish. DGW running off the ball and chasing down their full backs sprinting across width of pitch and back was admirable even so late in the game when no doubt tiring out....

Every player got his price i suppose but replacing DGW with Max wright or a say Jamie waston type is frightening.

51 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Can someone name the big lad who was warming up with the team yesterday?

I thought he was meant to be signing today

It'll save me continuously checking my phone.

I'll not tell anyone... honest!

Hes called steve. He allegedly once played with Leicester.  I dont think hes signing

Having a big, reliable target-man beside Goodwillie would be brilliant. That's exactly the sort of partner he needs in order to have his ability unleashed.

But it'll be important that we stiffen-up the midfield and defence if we're going to abandon a line of five. Otherwise we'd risk becoming our leaky old selves; conceding 2-3 goals a game. Without new players, it'd be best to move Lang inside and make Duffy the right-back; taking McNiff out the picture. Two right-footed centre halves isn't ideal, of course, but it's a better situation than one relatively dependable centre-half who's right footed (Home) and another with a left-foot (McNiff) who's a liability. Provided it was a four that was told to prioritise its own narrowness, as seemed to be the case yesterday, it might hold up alright.

By the way... It's hugely encouraging that Lennon seems to understand that a big diddy is better than a wee diddy, particularly down the spine of the team. All those 'filler' moments of a game: the headers-won that put a team on its toes and not its heels; the knock-downs that get you possession high-up the pitch. At this level in particular, and at any at all, they're profoundly valuable. That we see more of them now, with a good spread of big players, isn't merely incidental to our improving form.

I agree about a target man to help Goodwillie. In my opinion, we also need a central midfielder and an aggressive centre half.

However, of there is no one else coming in, I'd rather have McNiff at centre half and Lang at fullback than have Duffy playing.
Duffy had not impressed me at all.

4 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I agree about a target man to help Goodwillie. In my opinion, we also need a central midfielder and an aggressive centre half.

However, of there is no one else coming in, I'd rather have McNiff at centre half and Lang at fullback than have Duffy playing.
Duffy had not impressed me at all.

I agree, Duffy has been pretty poor any time I've seen , very disappointing.

As for Lang, no way I would move him, he's a natural right back, and we've not had a performance like yesterdays from anyone in that position this season

Archived