CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Auld Tommy McCorkindale (
(Sells clyde lottery at stadium to those who cant picture his face) in a coma and in the HDU at Glasgow royal Hospital since monday, All my thoughts with him and hope he pulls through,Puts everything into perspective (For some) [emoji47]

Dreadful. A lovely guy who is very well kent and very well liked. Hope he pulls through.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

(Sells clyde lottery at stadium to those who cant picture his face) in a coma and in the HDU at Glasgow royal Hospital since monday, All my thoughts with him and hope he pulls through,Puts everything into perspective (For some) emoji47.png

Bully Wee Tommy? That’s shite. Hope he pulls through. 

Usually when discussions about the rights and wrongs of signing/retaining players who have been the subject of allegations about sexual conduct occur on P&B, the discussion is around the moral issue of rehabilitation and whether it's right or wrong to allow players who've been involved in these situations to continue playing football.

I respect the fact that this being a civil case rather than a criminal one can change the focus of the discussion somewhat as Goodwillie doesn't have a criminal record as a result of this case, and regardless I'm firmly of the view that even in cases where there has been a criminal conviction stopping players signing for a football club again after a conviction would achieve nothing: the point of the justice system is rehabilitation and there's no benefit to society in chucking people out of work forever on the basis of something they've received their punishment for.

All that said, many Clyde fans here aren't simply making an argument about the moral issue of whether it's right to employ such players or calmly pointing out the lack of a criminal conviction, which would be entirely reasonable points to make. Just look at some of this bile.

On 29/11/2017 at 16:24, Harry Haddock said:

My wife has just given me a lengthy explanation as to why Goodwillie has failed with his appeal.You go out for a few drinks,meet someone who takes your fancy,have a few more drinks.Invite him back to your flat,have a few more drinks,fall into bed,have sex and fall asleep.

Wake up in the morning,think omg what have I done? I might have had sex but I didn't actually say Iwanted it,so de facto it was non consensual I am off to the police.

The victim blaming, it's her fault for drinking argument.

On 29/11/2017 at 17:12, Elementary Penguin said:

Its entirely possible (indeed it is mentioned in the minutes of the case, already placed somewhere on here) that the claim of the 'pursuer' is in part to exonerate what may have been (she claims) unusual behaviours....there is mention of a new partner at the behinning but none thererafter; who would obviously be interested to know if his 'burd' was out hooring it with the local Cup-winning hero and his pals. Every other account bar hers, suggests a good four or five hours was had, like so by thousands of others in that environment. Every night of the year. Sex may or may not have been a pretext, but let's face it....its the first thing you or i would think, if you walked past the scene in the bars as described. And without judgement either may i add. 

The victim blaming, she's probably a slut who liked it anyway argument.

On 29/11/2017 at 19:07, Elementary Penguin said:

Unless, of course to give the image of out-of-sorts behaviour resulting in what actually did occur. The figure of £200,000 is more than enough motivation to do so if the story is, indeed, a load o' shite. 

The victim-blaming, she's probably just chasing the money argument.

On 29/11/2017 at 19:51, Elementary Penguin said:

And of the defendants'? Where is the question over their ability to make the same choice? 

Exactly. There is none. And that's only because it doesn't fit the narrative.

The rape apologist, but they were drunk too argument.

While there may be moral grey areas about the case and Goodwillie's employability, there can certainly be no doubt about these posts being abhorrent and Elementary Penguin being an absolute fucking scumbag.

(Sells clyde lottery at stadium to those who cant picture his face) in a coma and in the HDU at Glasgow royal Hospital since monday, All my thoughts with him and hope he pulls through,Puts everything into perspective (For some) [emoji47]

Absolute gent and if you are looking for the epitome of a true Clyde man then it's Tommy

Praying we see him back at games soon

22 minutes ago, AndyCameron88 said:

To be fair, most comments you mentioned are only abhorrent under the assumption that the allegations are in fact true, which has not and probably never will be proven.

1. Whichever way you spin it, it is her fault alone for drinking. Nobody forced her to do that. Does that mean she deserved what allegedly happened? Absolutely not.

It's her fault for drinking alone?? Whichever way you spin it that comment is abhorrent.

What are you talking about you complete numpty?

Are you insinuating that they purchased and forced alcohol on her all evening with the deliberate intention of getting her into that state? If so, that’s a grand slam home run guilty verdict in a court, so clearly utter nonsense. Once again, you are making completely unfounded assumptions and spouting nonsense.

I'm talking about you saying it's her fault for drinking. A woman getting drunk is not the problem here.

1 hour ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Of course he is. And the attitudes of him and this Morton hard-on, where atonement is required for them to consider his pennance beginning to be served, without ANY sufficient evidence of a crime, is the real sham. f**k having them on your jury. 

On the subject of drink leading to unsavoury outcomes.....who didn't blame Mackay-Steven for getting pished, acting the dick, getting his c**t punched in and then ends up fished out of the Kelvin? It was entirely his fault of course. The claims here have now shifted to DG and DR plying some zombie with Jagerbombs. The evidence exists that suggests no such thing occurred. 

Absolutely no one has claimed this. Talking in general terms about such cases rather than specifically about the Goodwillie/Robertson incident, AllyMonc said, correctly, that women getting drunk is not the cause of rape when AndyCameron88 said it is a woman's fault for getting drunk in such incidents. All that's being said here is that if a woman gets drunk, then is raped while she's drunk, that is not the woman's fault: that is the rapist's fault and only the rapist's fault. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that statement about crimes of a sexual nature, and indeed disagreeing with it is a pretty vile stance which absolves rapists of blame for their crime. I'm not sure how you've managed to interpret that discussion as anyone saying Goodwillie and Robertson deliberately got the woman in question drunk.

Incidentally, there is also no evidence that this case came about as a result of a woman choosing to chase large sums of money or doing something consensually than regretting it later, yet you've been more than happy to throw those accusations around despite the lack of sufficient evidence.

Absolutely no one has claimed this. Talking in general terms about such cases rather than specifically about the Goodwillie/Robertson incident, AllyMonc said, correctly, that women getting drunk is not the cause of rape when AndyCameron88 said it is a woman's fault for getting drunk in such incidents. All that's being said here is that if a woman gets drunk, then is raped while she's drunk, that is not the woman's fault: that is the rapist's fault and only the rapist's fault. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that statement about crimes of a sexual nature, and indeed disagreeing with it is a pretty vile stance which absolves rapists of blame for their crime. I'm not sure how you've managed to interpret that discussion as anyone saying Goodwillie and Robertson deliberately got the woman in question drunk.
Incidentally, there is also no evidence that this case came about as a result of a woman choosing to chase large sums of money or doing something consensually than regretting it later, yet you've been more than happy to throw those accusations around despite the lack of sufficient evidence.

If a man is drunk surely that could impair his judgement on how drunk the woman was?

They were all out drinking together, enjoying each other’s company, flirting, physical contact etc. It’s not like the accused sat sipping soft drinks watching her get hammered then went in for the kill.

There is plenty evidence that nothing was particularly amiss until the next morning when the girl woke up (alone in a strange flat) and realised her family were worried sick and had been calling/looking for her.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:06, shawfield shed boy said:

(Sells clyde lottery at stadium to those who cant picture his face) in a coma and in the HDU at Glasgow royal Hospital since monday, All my thoughts with him and hope he pulls through,Puts everything into perspective (For some) emoji47.png

My wee uncle Hughies mucker and good Clyde man, thoughts are with his wife and Tommy jnr.

Archived