CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

1 hour ago, bullywee2010 said:

To understand why the majority of Clyde fans have an issue with the branding of David Goodwillie as a rapist (and as such a criminal) I would suggest reading this: http://www.scottishlegal.com/2017/04/18/opinion-victims-and-justice/#

I would also invite them to read this https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A footballer should be allowed to continue in his occupation irrespective of any criminal conviction, never mind a civil judgement.

We wouldn't stop a plumber or an electrician.

Would we rather they signed on?

Incidently, the role model argument is a load of shite before anyone uses it.

10 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

Simple lesson for any young laddies. Don’t have a drunken one night stand, you just never know what can happen. The fact a civil court with no jury or f**k all can call someone a rapist is quite frankly ludicrous. 

Surely the lesson - and this goes way beyond the Goodwillie case - is that young laddies need to know (be taught) that if someone is too drunk to consent then that's it.

31 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is the criminal court that found him not guilty a Scottish or English court?

I don't know if this is meant to be a joke but no-one has found David Goodwillie not guilty, certainly not a criminal court.

Okay, I've Googled it myself. I thought he was found not guilty in criminal court but he wasn't, the authorities just decided not to pursue it. My mistake.

Given that the civil court works on the balance of probability, the likelihood is that he has committed rape.

As I was at the time we signed him, I'm still deeply uncomfortable with him playing for us and would rather he didn't. At the time, I was still conflicted as thought he may win an appeal and that anyone should have the chance to clear their name.

Now that he has lost his appeal, I am even more convinced that I would rather he didn't play for us.

And you, on an equally booze-laden night out of your own, have ALWAYS been in a qualified position to successfully make this decision yourself? 

Away and fart peas at the Moon. Yesterday you weren't sure if CONVICTED Craig Thomson soliciting pre-pubescents wasn't something you could judge or comment on, without a JotP making your mind up for you. 

Where do CONVICTED murderers and drug-dealers come into your equation, out of interest?

I can unequivocally confirm that I have never had sex with a woman that was too drunk to consent.

I've commented on what Thomson did numerous times, I didn't think City were right to sign him and took my protest to the board. I still think it was the wrong decision, I sincerely wish we hadn't signed him.

What a fucking disgusting post from an obviously disgusting individual.
Easily the worst thing I have ever read on this site.

Not even commenting on the initial post, however, its unbelievable that a celtic fan comes on here and takes the moral highground over any club !

1 hour ago, Gene Wilder said:

Not even commenting on the initial post, however, its unbelievable that a celtic fan comes on here and takes the moral highground over any club !

Im referring to a disgraceful post made by an individual referring to a girl as a prostitute who targets footballers for money and questioning the majority of rape allegations as well as saying someone clearly isnt a rapist because 'someone I know says he isnt'.

Quite what that has to do with me being a Celtic fan or Celtic FC in general is beyond me, pretty terrible attempt at deflection and whatabouttery.

1 minute ago, Gene Wilder said:

And im referring to you having a go at other clubs when your own isnt exactly whiter than white. It was the same when he first signed and your teams supporters were commenting on the situation but forgetting that your club has done the square root of f**k all to to stamp out bigotry and constantly embarrass this country. So maybe have a look inwards before coming on here and having a go at anyone else.

Im having a go at the guy who made the post and the content of said post, at no point have I mentioned Clyde FC in any way shape or form you utter fucking cretin. 

3 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:

Ill await your post having a go at celtic and the bigotted fans then...bell end !

Any other subjects you want to use as a come back or to point score?

I called out a disgusting post by someone on this thread, I made no mention of yours or anyone elses football team, yet you have taken it upon yourself to bring up an unconnected story about another club from 40 years ago and are now looking for another subject to try and gain some moral highground, something again completely irrelevant to the vile post from earlier which, I notice you have failed to criticise or condemn, its obvious you are a fucking moon unit who was dropped on his head at birth and is equally as reprehensible as the poster who made the disgraceful post earlier in the thread.

Any other subjects you want to use as a come back or to point score?
I called out a disgusting post by someone on this thread, I made no mention of yours or anyone elses football team, yet you have taken it upon yourself to bring up an unconnected story about another club from 40 years ago and are now looking for another subject to try and gain some moral highground, something again completely irrelevant to the vile post from earlier which, I notice you have failed to criticise or condemn, its obvious you are a fucking moon unit who was dropped on his head at birth and is equally as reprehensible as the poster who made the disgraceful post earlier in the thread.

Youve lost it ! If you read it i actually said i wasnt even mentioning the initial post because of the content. 40 years ago ? Wtf are you on about ? Back to your bigot forms, hardman.

Archived