CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chapman may not turn out to be a good appointment, but you need to stop punting your mate Lauchlan at every opportunity.

Think you.ll find i "punted" both him and stark for our job on several occasions before chapman appointment. Stark no longer available. Lauchlan is the opposite so yes i am guilty for who i feel would brings results and supporters back regular. Jim and John nice guys but i dont feel its happening. Over to you

Most of what has been written above has already been said over the years. The debates around stadium , atmosphere, travel, pies and everything else all move toward being moot (note not mute) points if the club puts out a team that delivers an acceptable level of performance and attainment. It is important to stress acceptable to most as some people would watch a Clyde strip blowing in the wind on a washing line. 

As a Glasgow fan I can’t see the grounds for optimism in moving back there after 31 years. If we were on the verge of doing so 12-15 years ago it mayhave worked, but not now. Long standing fans are staying away because of declining standards and awful entertainment. Location may tempt a few for a while, but you would lose as many as you gained. In my opinion the club desperately needs a well thought out strategy to get out this division and all decisions should be made with that in mind. Secondly, if we are staying say so and sticl to it. 

Commercial managers have come and gone. They cost, so they need to generate 50-100 k tp justify their existence. Tough gig at the best of times, impossible currently.

Get a strategy and vision, tell everyone at the club what it is. Fans can then get behind it or walk away. 

5 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

When that fella (not even a Clyde fan btw, a Cumbernauld resident who took a shine to the club) went round Cumbernauld getting companies to buy into the season ticket to give punters discounts etc there were plenty willing to give a hand. I'm no expert on this but why is this no longer the case if they're still being asked (as you would assume)?

That fella chucked it when he was told he had to start asking those businesses for money in return for their advertising. He couldn't get them to sign up when he had to start asking them to pay for it.

Businesses will take advertising for free any day of the week. Ask them to dig into their pockets then they need to see something back for it. Clyde don't exactly provide much ROI compared to other methods.

Most of what has been written above has already been said over the years. The debates around stadium , atmosphere, travel, pies and everything else all move toward being moot (note not mute) points if the club puts out a team that delivers an acceptable level of performance and attainment. It is important to stress acceptable to most as some people would watch a Clyde strip blowing in the wind on a washing line. 

As a Glasgow fan I can’t see the grounds for optimism in moving back there after 31 years. If we were on the verge of doing so 12-15 years ago it mayhave worked, but not now. Long standing fans are staying away because of declining standards and awful entertainment. Location may tempt a few for a while, but you would lose as many as you gained. In my opinion the club desperately needs a well thought out strategy to get out this division and all decisions should be made with that in mind. Secondly, if we are staying say so and sticl to it. 

Commercial managers have come and gone. They cost, so they need to generate 50-100 k tp justify their existence. Tough gig at the best of times, impossible currently.

Get a strategy and vision, tell everyone at the club what it is. Fans can then get behind it or walk away. 

Good post [emoji106]

Its stick (not sticl)

Despite my dislike of Broadwood, I'd happily stay there if the the club was successful and the team played winning, entertaining football.
I do have my priorities right.

It is worrying that  all these issues in this thread just echoes everything that has been said for years if you go back over all the contributions on our situation over the last 10 years + it is all exactly the same; no local advertising of home games is not new, unable to entice local companies big or small to link in or sponsor their local Senior side to any great extent.  For example, we have had one of the most successful Scottish soft drinks manufacturers right on our doorstep since probably day one, who are involved in Scottish football and what team do they give their sponsorship money? Queens Park.  I wouldn't know if there has ever been any approach from us or them but it is a shame we seem unable to attract meaningful sponsorship that would allow player budget to improve. 

All the local inclusion work is fantastic to a point, but there is no way we will get people through the gate if the team is not successful, we all know that and it is as basic as that. I don't know the answer to this and I agree the point that commercial manager in itself costs money. Bit of a chicken and egg, in that a winning team attracts interest and that in turn attracts commercial interest to be part of that success. I do worry that this is appoaching end game for us and that we will be in Lowland league within next 3 years, we quite simply have a poor quality squad and no way of improving it. 

As for saying away, I've missed last 4 games due to combination of family wedding and holiday and its probibly more stressful and just as gutting to hear the poor results afterwards.

Been discussed to death but the claim that paying for Broadwood is holding us back is just false.

We would not get our own stadium for cheaper than the rent we are now paying.

We would have to pay all upkeep and maintenance costs ourself in full at our own stadium.

Any notion that new fans are going to come flocking back if we move elsewhere is pie in the sky.

The shite product on the park is what is driving people away. The fact we are going on 10 years in this division and still can't stop leaking 3 goals a game or compete with financial powerhouses like Montrose or Stirling Albion.

It might all ready be too late for lots of driven away fans but we simply must get things right on the park or we are fucked.

As for suggesting we were better off under Ferguson, the guy almost got us relegated! How was there hope under him? He signed the best quality players we have had in this league but his major limitations as a man manager and coach left us in a desperate mess.

Chapman isn't exactly impressing either as yet but ferguson well and truly had his chance and blew it big style.

Just watched the highlights from Montrose game no surprises really

Yeah let's give this to Xmas can't get any worse than that [emoji23]

Ps where have all the Jim Chapman fans gone ? Very quiete [emoji6]

Just watched the highlights from Montrose game no surprises really

Yeah let's give this to Xmas can't get any worse than that [emoji23]

Ps where have all the Jim Chapman fans gone ? Very quiete [emoji6]

I would call it low lights CFCUK

I have stated on here we need to give Chapman time and I hate to say it. I think he has very little time left.

The rate of goals we concede each week is alarming in its self.

This is his team and players he can trust that's his statement. A lot of these players have played together and collectively got Chapman at Annan to finish at least 4th in this league several times as quoted by a few on here.

The style of football he plays at Clyde is not the style I seen him play at Annan against us.

The cup game next week needs to be a very good win for us. If not surely he needs to consider his position.

I'm hoping he walks away as the board won't remove him. Let's be honest how many times did they back BF.

If NI wants things to change and get some respect with the fans and listen to what the fans are saying and some indicating they are walking away. Take some bloody action before it's to late.

All your positive talk in the summer for change will be no good unless you take action now.

This management team are taking us down. We can't rely on our teams doing us favours this year.

Other teams in our league have taken actions on management teams as it's not working.

Why not us

Sick of it now

I’m one of those that no longer goes .

I just find it too hard to watch the total garbage on show nowadays and totally commend anyone that still goes.

The fans have been taken for mugs for far too long and loads have had enough.

On the matter of Broadwood.....the only people to blame on where we are now are Clyde FC.

As said before. No one was complaining when we won the league or beat Celtic.

Clyde have messed this move up and can blame no-one else.

18points after 10games in BF last season. Genuine worried if we continue this form and our final total if bottom two pick up bit o form....

Wouldn't worry give it to Xmas we might have 19 points by then [emoji106]

I've just read the chairman's statement and  he's basically right in what he's saying. 

First of all, highlighting a direct correlation between the health of a club and what you watch on the park. Correct.  So they're apparently working on things behind the scenes to address that, details to be announced in around a couple of months.  He's also saying that he likes the fact that our fan base compared to others  have higher expectations of their club, and don't in the main "just accept this is our level now", and that it's down to those responsible for running the club to handle the pressures of meeting those ambitions.  Again, correct.

There's an acknowledgement that this season to date hasn't been good enough - well that's self evident - and there's not in fact any criticism of the support or inference that they need to do more.  Nor are there any futile rallying calls, done to death many times before.   I'm sure he'd love for a lot of the support to return, understandable, but it sounds in his case the penny may have dropped and realises the horse has bolted on that for now - it's down to them to produce something.

So his analysis and theory appears accurate, but at this stage that's all it is.  It will come down entirely to the delivery.  Irrespective where Clyde end up this season the standard of football won't increase dramatically.  To counter that, they need a coherent forward plan which the vast majority can buy into,  to make allowances for what we're being asked to watch now in lieu of a much brighter future.  Just because the analysis is correct doesn't mean the solution will be...but it might be.  For the time being nothing's changed, it's still in their court.  He's talking the talk,  but you know the rest....

Let us know when you're ready.

Unacceptable that Edinburgh pick up a centre half of Jesus Garcia Tena's quality and we can't. Fucking unacceptable.

Anyone peddling nonsense theories about it being difficult to find a good centre half, a quickish centre half, or whatever... Just turn yourselves in now and stop anchoring this club's expectations to the bottom of the ocean.

Any pushback on this, I won't even regard. We're not talking about an arguably decent Junior player here, we're talking about a pedigreed, in-his-prime, recently professional, highly rated defender.

And don't give me: 'Well why is he with Edinburgh?'. Why are the Dunlops with Stenny? Why is Shaun Dillon at Montrose? Why did Fraser Wright go to Stirling?  Fine, he's had a wee injury. No reason to think it'll haunt him. And, frankly, Marvin Andrews in crutches could clear his lines better than some of ours. 

Season after season there's an apologetics movement on here. End it lads. End it.

Archived