CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deserves dropped for being consistent as f**k, really. We'll play him as a forward tomorrow, just you wait. Best thing that ever happened to that disgustingly consistent centre half McQueen we used to have.

Then we'll spend the next season being sympathetic to manager(s) who couldn't find left backs. And we'll spin great yarns about how the market for left backs was uniquely dry.

We are Clyde.

Looking at the bigger picture if Lowden comes back as a better option then so be it, I would say that he is still several weeks off being an option as first choice left back or whatever the modern term is nowadays. Worry about who plays there when it happens, if that becomes the least of our worries then we have made some progress. 

Meantime worry about the here and now, gets points on the board and see where we are in December and beyond.

Deserves dropped for being consistent as f**k, really. We'll play him as a forward tomorrow, just you wait. Best thing that ever happened to that disgustingly consistent centre half McQueen we used to have.

Then we'll spend the next season being sympathetic to manager(s) who couldn't find left backs. And we'll spin great yarns about how the market for left backs was uniquely dry.

We are Clyde.

Oh dear criticising the one of the centre half dream team of McQueen and marsh an act of heresy [emoji23]

Hey... They didn't get beat it the air. The put it straight back up the pitch. They weren't all that slow, albeit we've had quicker defenders. For a good season or two those were as good as any down here.

Getting pumped at Ibrox, the reaction to that and Ferguson's general treatment of each player was bad. We made those two lads better and then worse players in their time here.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but goin by this it was a very positive performance and more importantly a win, still to add Duffie into the squad heard good things about him.. positive vibes all round :thumsup2

And with lowden coming back that's like a new player

Early days but squad looking a lot better munro was excellent
Burbridge could be a real find and DGW is just different class

Two must win games coming up to get some momentum

Weekends are fun again [emoji6]

I have to admit I am quite happy Miller is away, never rated him during either stints with us. Decent delivery agreed, other than that flattered and could not defend and stinking attitude at times on the park. 

Only my opinion of course, as they say  other; opinions are available :)

32 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I have to admit I am quite happy Miller is away, never rated him during either stints with us. Decent delivery agreed, other than that flattered and could not defend and stinking attitude at times on the park. 

Only my opinion of course, as they say  other; opinions are available :)

Have to say I agree, feel like the squad will gel better without him constantly having a go at everyone. 

Thought he was a decent squad player right enough. 

I'm disappointed he is away. I can fully understand other view points though. His delivery was worth a good number of goals a season. Obviously had deficiencies in his game but this is League Two.

They all can't be like oor Dave [emoji7]

Archived