CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

20 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

It shouldn't be surprising that Johnstone has done well for Clydebank wide on the right. Nor should it be surprising that Nicoll, despite his accolade at Petershill last season, had a lot of poor games in the Juniors. In the top few tiers of the Juniors, there can be a massive gulf in individual quality. Just look through the squads, sure. Stefan McCluskey, as a Pollock player, is whizzing by defenders who, at other times, would have nothing like as hard a time keeping tabs on their man. Johnstone's pace trades at a higher value where he is now. It's as simple as that.

About Nicoll. It doesn't matter how much Clyde supporters will him to be a good midfielder. He will, in a lot of matches, have the legs ran off of him in there. If we're going to content ourselves with a midfielder who wears his heart on his sleeve, we'd be as well asking John Sweeney back.

I'd love it if Nicoll was this 'big solid boay' everyone wants him to be. He isn't. He's nothing like as limber as he once was. He stands a chance of being a good organiser in a back three, if there's a couple of nippier players around him. The Airdrie friendly brought that out. What he's had to face since are teams which play much more directly than Airdrie did that evening. You look at him, his age, where he's played... And you think: he'll deal with long, searching balls no bother. Well he doesn't lads, I'm sorry.

He just about redeemed himself in the second-half against Stenny, having pretty much sold them their opener. Let's be realistic about him, eh? In addition to being a decent organiser in a back three, he could, with a couple of dynamos round about him, anchor our midfield. But this is pie in the sky stuff with the boys we have just now IMO.

You're probably in a minority of two here.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Townsley. Lee Currie. Jonathan Brown. Owen Ronald. Bryan Deasley. Fraser McLaren. Roddy MacLennan.

There's half a team that's playing outside division two, in the juniors, without a club or nominally chucked it. All of whom I'd take. The likes of Townsley, I don't know if he's still going, but that's exactly the sort of centre half we want.

I have no sympathy for a gaffer that can't get a couple of half decent centre backs. None whatever. You've got to cast your net much more widely than the U20 teams and the dribble down/wash-up from the senior leagues.

Its all n well who we want but do they want to come to us. 50pw for a absolute tommin fae their own support online or in stands first sign o defeat, Personally ive had enough of this div. Ghost town of a grun and what ever else. Still try n do ma bit when i can and come back if things improve on and off park. Im a customer after all and a fading supporter. Best o luck to all

As for taking pelters, I that's an exaggerated disincentive for players weighing up coming to Clyde. It certainly doesn't signal to a player: 'Oh well, I better go play in the Juniors where the supporters are understanding to a fault'.

Its all n well who we want but do they want to come to us. 50pw for a absolute tommin fae their own support online or in stands first sign o defeat, Personally ive had enough of this div. Ghost town of a grun and what ever else. Still try n do ma bit when i can and come back if things improve on and off park. Im a customer after all and a fading supporter. Best o luck to all

So they have cut the wages from 80 quid a week to 50

Well if we are paying players 50 quid a week then the 200 club would pay for 7 players wages

As for improving off the park, doesn't the CIC work well for us [emoji6]

Id still have BF before this on show but he was hounded out too early,Brought finance and hope but Didnt work i agree but like any signing negativity ouzing from day1..

Personally id rather have hope n fail than have no hope-Now...

BF would have worked wae a coach at this level. Now were left one without other and its fuckin dire...

The jobs fucked

Id still have BF before this on show but he was hounded out too early,Brought finance and hope but Didnt work i agree but like any signing negativity ouzing from day1..

Personally id rather have hope n fail than have no hope-Now...

BF would have worked wae a coach at this level. Now were left one without other and its fuckin dire...

The jobs fucked

Listened to BF on radio today says he should have left after play off season as he had job offers
BF tried his best but I think he had enough by the end not sure he is suited to managemrnt, that said would i have him instead of our present management team ? Yes I would

Wonder if Chapman would have bounced the players BF inherited.
As for BF having management skills ?
No rush to get him is there?
Let's hope the loans do well.

All about opinions

But the football under Chapman has been eye watering

And was there a great rush to get Chapman?

Ps hope he proves me wrong but imo
Chapman is bang average manager 6th at best

All of whom I'd take. The likes of Townsley, I don't know if he's still going, but that's exactly the sort of centre half we want.

Townsley was some player eh? He left Spartans in the summer and I suspect he did it to retire. To be fair to him, he looked done during his last season at The Shire so at least he's managed to get another couple of seasons in at Lowland League level.

Archived