CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems a lot of negativity here before a ball is kicked. I can understand why given a dreadful decade. But surely Goodwillie can score 20+ goals and if he can hook up with Gormley you should score well. Chapman seems to have done OK at Annan and is at least experienced in this league. Your wage bill is small but realistically it is about players gelling - if the going rate is between £80-150 a week, as you guy's seem to indicate, frankly you are not going to get a Messi so I doubt upping that by £50 would make much difference. Confidence, teamwork and a bit of an edge that perhaps Goodwillie offers might.

Best of luck -Clyde have been down for too long hope this is your season and will try and take in a few games.

Agreed Johnny.Brighter days ahead.

Serious question based on what ?

I certainly don't need told by a guy who has barely seen a dozen Clyde games how to support my club

Let's see what he and the other illuminati that meet once a month come up with in terms of attracting money to the club

The fans will continue to support the club financially of that there is no doubt in fact it's about the only certainty at the club.

Maybe somebody should give him a history lesson , last year they stumped up 25k for the strip

Let's get one thing straight the fans ain't the problem

Sorry HH. Back in my box. I won't speak again without making sure it is "honest, happy and expressive"

Come on there are brighter days ahead , apparently August and September are going to be scorching [emoji274]????

Anyone reading anything overly positive or negative into the chairman’s statement really needs to get a bit of perspective. It’s a standard rallying-cry type statement from a new chairman before the start of a new season. Does it come across as a bit preachy/lecture-ish? Sure but statements from chairman of football clubs around the world usually do.

If that statement is enough to make even 10 lapsed fans decide to go to the game, or 10 fans who were going anyway bring along someone extra, then it’s job done. Come 5pm on Saturday, whichever way the result goes, nobody is going to care what that statement said anyway.

You would think with the reactions here that something terrible has happened.

Its just a usual start of the season message from the chairman.

I don't see what's wrong with him asking more people to try and get to the games or for people to get some fans that don't go anymore back to some games.

The way it is that people are always looking for an angle to have a go, at least give the new guy a chance to sort things out which are things that are nothing to do with him and if it doesn't work out then have a go at him.

Archived