CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Our CIC membership is a token gift/gesture.

No problem with that. Why not call it that?
I'm sure a lot of fans wouldn't mind contributing a small monthly fee to the club.

However, the club are selling it as an ownership/membership in which fans views matter.

It doesn't matter that much to me as I'm happy to contribute as a gesture but I know it matters to many others.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Phil, he didn't hide like a few others last season but ultimately, I'm happy he's gone.

With that departure confirmed, and I imagine no further departures to follow,  that leaves the squad thus far as:

Goalkeepers

Blair Currie

Defenders

Jack Breslin

Jordan Lowdon

Ewan McNeil

Martin McNiff

Jordan Stewart

Midfielders

Scott Ferguson

Matt Flynn

Kevin Nicoll

Darren Miller

Forwards

David Gormley

David Goodwillie

Max Wright

We're still a good few bodies short so, what sort of player do we feel still needs to, or will be, brought in? A big centre-half, followed by a winger or two, would be the next step for me.

Thanks for your effort Phil,Least you tried but clearly another who thinks he should be on higher wages for an average player or less

Re Owners fee increase went up to £40 on 01/07/16 having been agreed by Ownership at the AGM in December 2015...

Seem to recall at meeting in town about no more in fighting and point scoring,Cmon guys eh?!

Thanks for your effort Phil,Least you tried but clearly another who thinks he should be on higher wages for an average player or less

Re Owners fee increase went up to £40 on 01/07/16 having been agreed by Ownership at the AGM in December 2015...

Seem to recall at meeting in town about no more in fighting and point scoring,Cmon guys eh?!

Doubt a fiver would put people off so as you say no need for a great debate
Hopefully we see a rise in memberships more the merrier and go to meetings and ask questions put suggestions hold the directors accountable that's what the CIC is all about ,

Phil Johnston leaves....in Chapman we trust

I doubt he was ever going to be signed probably letting him train with us till he got a club
Think it's better for him and club that he moves on fresh start . Couldn't be faulted for effort he was never a right back couldn't defend how many times did Bobby Linn rip him a new one and BF still persisted. wide right in a more advanced position might have suited him , but really no point in retaining him good luck to the guy

Archived