CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

This is a football forum for fans to speak their mind and have debate. Not designed to massage players egos. Quite different from Facebook or twitter which understandably most players will have. If they are signing up or reading pie and bovril then they need to take the good with the bad or don't bother reading it. Freedom of speech and all that. . .

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With respect to criticism from fans, a good professional will try to ram the criticism down the critical fans throats by putting in more effort.

If it's enough to make you chuck it, you're a poor professional and the critics are correct.

53 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Easton signed two year deal at Forfar, they must be really worried about his fitness emoji23.png

Kinda tells you all you need to know, as I stated earlier the club never wanted to resign him for whatever reason

Done and dusted

Looks like it; Forfar are saying "injury hit season last year with Clyde, but now back to full fitness". Time will tell I suppose,wonder if he will start first game of the season?

Interesting; So probably down to money then and or length of contract.. ach well, there is a surprise!

13 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

Anyone who ever posted anything conciliatory about PJ's pace is no better than John Ruddy who occasionally treated supporters to sycophantic speeches about Gary Arbuckle's pace.

Don't get me started on GA FFS

20 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Kevin Nicol in the photograph of last nights training session.Good to see McNeil there too.

Was wondering myself if the baldy guy at the back was him, pleased if it was. 

10 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Easton signed two year deal at Forfar, they must be really worried about his fitness emoji23.png

Kinda tells you all you need to know, as I stated earlier the club never wanted to resign him for whatever reason

Done and dusted

Now that Forfar have signed Easton the Arbroath Barstewards are all over our thread gloating about Omar Kader.

What actually happened? Was it malicious, deliberate, mistimed, or just a footballing incident?

Having had Kader at Forfar I don't remember him making a tackle never mind a bad one!

Your comments please.

Now that Forfar have signed Easton the Arbroath Barstewards are all over our thread gloating about Omar Kader.
What actually happened? Was it malicious, deliberate, mistimed, or just a footballing incident?
Having had Kader at Forfar I don't remember him making a tackle never mind a bad one!
Your comments please.

The whole Easton tackle thing was a wind up, it was a freak accident that could've happened anywhere on the park

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

The whole Easton tackle thing was a wind up, it was a freak accident that could've happened anywhere on the park

Cheers for that. Kader always comes over in interviews as being a decent kinda guy.

He might just have enough nightmares about facing up to  Munro, Travis and Malone at Station Park to worry about Easton.

Not even a tackle from Kader.  Holding maybe.  Easton just ends up with his weight on his left knee as he ends up side ways trying to control the ball.

At the time I thought he was acting it but a bad way to end a brief time at Clyde.  Just from the highlights in this you could see why we had a good start to the season with Easton and a fit Linton doing well.

Spoiler

Not even a tackle from Kader.  Holding maybe.  Easton just ends up with his weight on his left knee as he ends up side ways trying to control the ball.
At the time I thought he was acting it but a bad way to end a brief time at Clyde.  Just from the highlights in this you could see why we had a good start to the season with Easton and a fit Linton doing well.
Spoiler  

Robbie Mutch man Jesus Christ.

Archived