CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with the goalie. Miller is pretty good on the ball. But, crucially, he and Flynn would make a weak midfield pairing. I'm close to being worried about Chapman's vision for the centre of the pitch. Taking games by the scruff won't be our bag without another player or two in there.

"Darren knows the club and he knows what will be expected of him this season. He's got more than enough ability, but this is probably a last chance for him at senior level and he knows that he needs to take it."

Not encouraging.

53 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

Happy with the goalie. Miller is pretty good on the ball. But, crucially, he and Flynn would make a weak midfield pairing. I'm close to being worried about Chapman's vision for the centre of the pitch. Taking games by the scruff won't be our bag without another player or two in there.

Agree with this, Miller was nothing special when he was on loan, think another midfielder would be nice... think Jordan Stewart is a midfielder ?

"Darren knows the club and he knows what will be expected of him this season. He's got more than enough ability, but this is probably a last chance for him at senior level and he knows that he needs to take it."

Not encouraging.

Bit harsh I thought he was good when he was on better than a lot of the midfield who played game after game

And he gave the Clyde support at hampden a good old giruy when he scored against us (nothing wrong with that attitude to away fans [emoji23])

Think he will do well with us this season

Big #666 Leg Sleeve Tattoo Daz is fair racking up the clubs these days.

Looking forward to finally seeing him play when you lot beat us 1-0 in the Betfred Cup in July. I watched him play 90 minutes for us in a closed door friendly against Partick Thistle - where he squared up to Calum Booth - and then 45 against Clydebank, but that was it. One of the weirder signings we've made in recent years.

Miller was woefully underused by Ferguson, so much so he was behind Captain Courageous in the set-piece order....and his displays against us merit a second chance, imo. Currie, well like i've said, Chapman needs guys he can trust, and wouldn't be bringing anyone from Annan if he did not. Good call, and a show of strength in his convictions. 

Miller delivery from set plays was excellent , but ma baw McLaughlin had to to take the majority of these, understandable from his point of view as it was about the only time he actually kick the ball during the full 90 mins

Good signing in my opinion [emoji106]

11 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Blair Currie.

Excellent signing, very highly rated at Annan.

Squad beginning to look very decent !

Had the pleasure of working with him at one of  Annan's training sessions

last season following an approach from John Joyce, and left very impressed.

Great attitude, relished what was asked of him, and gave the session 110%

effort. Did he not pick up some Player awards before the season ended?

Can I also add my congratulations to Mr Joyce on joining Clyde.

Archived