CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

47 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Gormley/Fergie signed up, might not be offering Easton a new deal :unsure:

looking at signing Ramin Omar from Annan... Ramsey ex-Arbroath... Bresnan (Scotland u19)... looking to sign another left back 

Is this confirmed somewhere? Don't seem to see it anywhere.

Issue  with Easton I assume is fitness; cant really argue with that; if he is unfortunately not fit then we cannot afford to sign him. Sad fact of life with our finances we need players fit and on the park I am afraid.

Wouldn't be offering Fergie anything , but that is only my opinion I imagine others will want us to take a chance on him eventually living up to his potential of 3 years ago.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Is this confirmed somewhere? Don't seem to see it anywhere.

Issue  with Easton I assume is fitness; cant really argue with that; if he is unfortunately not fit then we cannot afford to sign him. Sad fact of life with our finances we need players fit and on the park I am afraid.

Wouldn't be offering Fergie anything , but that is only my opinion I imagine others will want us to take a chance on him eventually living up to his potential of 3 years ago.

Just rumours from a reliable source, also said Fergie will be getting coached.. Chapman is wanting Easton just chairman isn't sure.. I still think we'll sign him surely 

Quiete clear from Saturday's meeting that innes wasn't sure about Easton mind you he thought he was 28 and had never seen him play which surprised me so take it innes hasn't watched any Div 2 football in the last 2 seasons , was left in no doubt by fans that Easton was a big big favourite
and a smashing player , not sure the chairman should be too heavily involved in player recruitment unless he is taking the role of director of football?

When fit, Easton is easily in the top three best players in this league, arguably the best. 

If the chairman wanted Chapman to be our manager, and the manager wants Easton to sign, then the chairman has to TRUST the manager and sign him up. 

Just rumours from a reliable source, also said Fergie will be getting coached.. Chapman is wanting Easton just chairman isn't sure.. I still think we'll sign him surely 

Quiete clear from Saturday's meeting that innes wasn't sure about Easton mind you he thought he was 28 and had never seen him play which surprised me so take it innes hasn't watched any Div 2 football in the last 2 seasons , was left in no doubt by fans that Easton was a big big favourite
and a smashing player , not sure the chairman should be too heavily involved in player recruitment unless he is taking the role of director of football?

If the Chapman wants Easton and he's fit and affordable, Innes should defer to his manager. Same goes for wee Fergie.
Let the manager manage.
The board's​ duty is to support him with the resources to do so.

44 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Something to do with the chairman doesn't want him because he wasn't turning up to training when he was in Liverpool 

Just get the rest of the team to train in Liverpool.

I'm not sure what this means.

Was he just running about aimlessly in training for the last few seasons?

Wasn't that the entire game plan under Barry? Don't think anyone got much coaching. Plenty of ice baths and protein shakes but zero tactics or player development.

Ok . Here is my view. Until I see it on the OS as a news item, rumour and speculation can remain up the arse of the gossip monger! We know Chapman is keen on his former goalie. We know the fitness of Easton has to be determined. We know that Linton has an injury issue. Let the Club tell us what we want to know once the facts are established. (Members first of course!)

Breslin and Stewart confirmed. Two full backs. I guess that means he sees mcNiff as a centre half, or that Lowdon's injury is worse than thought. Dont know much about them; Stewart was the guy who went off hamstrung in the game at Broadwood I think?

Breslin and Stewart confirmed. Two full backs. I guess that means he sees mcNiff as a centre half, or that Lowdon's injury is worse than thought. Dont know much about them; Stewart was the guy who went off hamstrung in the game at Broadwood I think?

Lowden just had another operation
Haven't a clue about these guys don't know if that's good or bad [emoji23] what about McNeil? We need a big centre half that can command the box aggressive and some craft and energy in midfield

Archived