CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Christ Clyde fans haven't half changed their tune since the appointment!
I personally think he did a great job at Annan, maybe not the most attractive football but we were always up there competing. Might come across as an arse during a game but he'll happily talk to any fan after it

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the usual pleasantries
"I'm looking forward to the challenge. I hope to be a success. Clyde should be in a higher league and I aim get them there. McLaughlin and Higgins will never play for Clyde again...ever"

Easy

Interview on OS tomorrow.

It would have been nice to have an interview with Chapman on the official site along with the announcement.

No point in getting an interview from Chapman he will just blame the ref

Quite upset to see the Clyde board appointing Jim Chapman without even replying to my email and offering me an interview. All will be forgiven if he is the man to finally relegate them to the Lowland League.

Bottom line is he will live and die by what happens on the park.

No-ones got a crystal ball, so lets give the guy a chance, I for one reckon next season can't be any worse, at least Chapman has plenty of exoeriencs at this level.

Mon the Bully Wee !

Those who were out for Ferguson from the start were actually among the quietest towards the end....Chapman shouldn't be afforded anything different, if we win he's a good guy if not, he's a cock.

Strange as it may seem, I actually feel better about the appointment of Chapman than I did about Ferguson.

Chapman has experience at this level and knows the league, players and what to expect.

Ferguson had none of this and was appointed solely on his reputation as a player.

We can also wave goodbye to the "Ferguson's money controls the board" arguement as I'm sure Chapman is not a multimillionaire.

There's no reason to think that we'll be anything other than confirmed in our mediocrity by fact of Chapman's appointment. If I was to learn that Lennon or Moore were knocked back, that'd anger me. And don't give me the 'give him a chance' patter. I can hardly sack him, can I?

I'm happy with the appointment. People were crying out for someone with managerial experience at this level then moan when that's what they get.

If he can take Annan into the playoffs this year there's no reason he can't do the same with Clyde.

Don't think Danny Lennon, as some mentioned, was even a remote possibility.

Usual scottish football old pals act obviously a mate of innes ( just look at the pictures of the Annan game at Broadwood )
Absolutely shite appointment
and a total charade of an interview process looking forward to hearing innes back this one up at the meeting on the 3rd of June

I'm happy with the appointment. People were crying out for someone with managerial experience at this level then moan when that's what they get.
If he can take Annan into the playoffs this year there's no reason he can't do the same with Clyde.

Managerial experience ha ha old pals act

You happy to still be in division 2 come May next season , good for you

Send a congratulations to the chairman might get you a seat in the team bus for the first away game next season [emoji23]

Right answer me this, why is it when a player or manager is doing good in League Two but instead of a so called step up he comes to Clyde ? but you never see a good Clyde player moving to go to the likes of Annan, Arbroath etc ? is it because we are the biggest club in the league ?

As supporters we all dare to dream and we all had that with Barry a Ferguson appointment and signings to follow....

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and mistakes were made on and off the park but clubs best interest at hearts regardless of the pro or anti board lads n lassies...

We now have an appointment that personally doesn't excite me in the slightest and very concerned what level of player would want to join us on a likely wage drop and a manager that lets face it ain't box office from his own managerial or playing career..

5th or 6th every season , Careful what you wish for indeed..

Best o luck

Who would you have liked us to appoint cfcuk?

Jim Chapman terrific record in this division and look at the players he has brought through from the youths
Cracking Appointment and chums with the chairman absolutely delighted

There go towing tge party line [emoji106]

Archived