CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

I don't see the problem with 2 meetings either as they're two different things.

The first is to be expected due to the structure of the club.  So a new chairman meeting with the CIC members would be standard practice, procedural.

The second is open to all supporters, and it's already been stated that part of the purpose is to allow a broader range of concerns to be raised about the structure and future of the Club.  Alternative solutions can be proposed & discussed, and of course it gives the opportunity for more supporters to hear from the new chairman. 

Perhaps there's a positive sign here that the penny appears to have dropped with the new chairman & Club, that the days of suggesting that in order to be heard you have to pay for the right via the CIC are over. That horse has bolted, gone.  The club's just not healthy enough to maintain that approach, it's not feasible.  They need re-engagement, and open & frank discussion is an important first step. So I don't see why anyone with an interest in Clyde would be excluded.  This Fat Sally character asking why should David Douglas be there?  Because he's a fucking Cyde fan, now feel free to go back to supporting Petershill or whoever it is these days 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, David W said:

He had a really decent season from mid-November on and was one of very few to keep battling in every game. Carried us through the cup. Over the whole season he basically had a goal every third appearance which is decent for someone who was so bad early in the campaign and was a substitute on a number of occasions.

He actually got 15 goals in the last 30 games of the season, league and cup.

I hope he's not our main striker but there's not many better second/third choice strikers in the league.

To be fair if I had seen this pre Christmas I would have been annoyed; but have to agree that he has contributed in recent weeks. Not my first choice if we are able to improve quality next season but useful to have around. At our level some defenders probably find him a handful at times and with some coaching (I realise he is not 18) could improve his game; lift his head a bit more often, stay on his feet and just add a bit of composure.

Suppose it will give us someone to moan at if hopefully Higgins is not offered a contract.  

Gormley with us again next season.Heard it here first.

Not that I have a particular problem with this but how can decisions be made on players without a manager in place? Not ideal to have a chunk of our budget spent on players the new manager may not want!

Whoever gets the job they need to bring in some strong characters, something that has been lacking in BF's squads, a lot of decents players it can't be argued but so many who just accept with what is happening on the park. We need players who don't like to lose and i wouldn't mind a big dirty b'stard in midfield.

He had a really decent season from mid-November on and was one of very few to keep battling in every game. Carried us through the cup. Over the whole season he basically had a goal every third appearance which is decent for someone who was so bad early in the campaign and was a substitute on a number of occasions.

He actually got 15 goals in the last 30 games of the season, league and cup.

I hope he's not our main striker but there's not many better second/third choice strikers in the league.

The question is which one is the real Gormley? The season and half one up to Christmas or the one afterwards?

On his day he is unstoppable. In my opinion, it happens too rarely. He has too many games where he is more of a liability with attacks breaking down with him falling over, his bad touch or him being offside.

I've compared him to McCluskey who did nothing for 18 months and then had a Stormer for the next half a season.

However, I wouldn't expect any improvement in his touch, his ability to stay on his feet or his awareness as I've not seen any change in these over the last two seasons.

Personally, I think there must be better out there but re-sign him if needs be but wait for the new manager to decide.

Don't think I've ever seen a player be offside so much in one 90 minutes than Gormley was in that 2-1 game back at the start of the year. It was genuinely ridiculous.

Tank of a boy though, causes teams problems. If you've got 4 strikers in this league he's a good option anyway.

Mark McLaughlin, Dylan Easton, David Goodwillie, a plank of wood to stand between the sticks and seven keen amateur joggers should be enough for us to win this league.

We'll save Pat Scullion for our Scottish Cup challenge.

Just now, CK said:

We'll save Pat Scullion for our Scottish Cup challenge.

Having seen him at a game of ours a few months back wearing a bunnet (my heart was racing, my brow was sweating and I felt myself flushing until he left), I'd sign him as a celebrity fan instead. A ploy to get the women of North Lanarkshire swooning and through the turnstiles.

:blink: The closing date isn't even until tomorrow. I'd imagine it'd be next weekend at the earliest unless they've already decided and are just following the proper procedures.

I'm sure the closing date for applicants is tomorrow, I'd imagine interviews this week, agree sooner we get someone in place the sooner we can rebuild for next season. Surprised we haven't had any word yet on who is leaving, I would have thought some players would have left by now by their own accord, maybe they are still under contract until after the playoff finals date.

Surely not. Gormley I can understand and to be honest he is one of a very few who has shown some fight and desire in a terrible season. Weighed in with a good few goals too. But Higgins, come on ! Had a reasonably productive first few weeks, but hasn't kicked a ball since September. Anonymous would be a rather kind way to put it. 

Higgins signed on for another a season. Sigh

Must surely be tied in with the community stuff only excuse could be that his wage is being picked up externally if it's off the players budget then whoever sanctioned it should be in front of a firing squad with no blindfold [emoji34]

Archived