CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

I did mean to say some people won’t be able to afford it, which is fine, but that won’t be the case for everyone.

I’ve always thought the membership and season ticket holders should be kept separate, as some will want one and not the other, but you could easily do a reduced cost for season ticket holders (eg £20). Having said that I actually think membership should be more expensive altogether which is a whole other issue.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think there's some legal issues too if St holders were to automatically become members. I also think we should be encouraging as many sponsors as possible at this time but some people seem determined to drive away people for their own agendas which is all a bit fucked up. 

I have no problem with fans organising their own meeting but the mindset around it confuses me. Why specifically invite the chairman but not other board members? It’s fine saying everyone, including them, is welcome but when one official is specifically invited and others aren’t, it isn’t exactly promoting the togetherness they seem to claim.
But the main thing I can’t comprehend is if there are so many people who want to help and improve the way the club is run, why aren’t they members? I don’t know the person who originally set up the fans meeting, and anyone willing to put in time and effort to help should be commended and not criticised, but logically surely the best thing they could do is become a member?
David W is correct in saying the board should do more to communicate with the wider fanbase and bring supporters together but, the club is specifically set up in a way for fans to air their opinions and (for the sake of £35 a year) I can’t understand those that refuse to do so. Whether you like the CIC structure or not, the way to change the club is from the inside, not out.

Only at clyde would such a hullabaloo be created over a chairman going to speak to fans at an informal meeting , an open meeting that any fan can attend , what is wrong with that ? No wonder the club is a basket case , how do you know after the meeting it won't encourage more fans to join ?

It's just the usual stuff since the CIC was formed if anyone wants to ask questions dig a bit deeper into the workings of the club or wants to hear the vision for the future, they are a trouble maker, agent provocateur or a puppet for some sinister plan to take over the club.

6 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

It's just the usual stuff since the CIC was formed if anyone wants to ask questions dig a bit deeper into the workings of the club or wants to hear the vision for the future, they are a trouble maker, agent provocateur or a puppet for some sinister plan to take over the club.

I'll probably regret asking this but, what does any of this bit have to do with my post?

I also think there's some legal issues too if St holders were to automatically become members.

Perhaps then, a discount as suggested below. Maybe even make the cost a nominal amount?

If this is impossible for legal reasons then that's fine. As long as we look at alternative ways to have have season ticket holders and others involved. Not leave them blowing in the wind in regard to information sharing and their opinions being sought.

but you could easily do a reduced cost for season ticket holders (eg £20).

I agree this season was a disappointment in the end up and usually look forward to the new season but even that was cut short when sitting watching Clyde v Annan at Broadwood when someone says Chapman was the favourite to be our next manager.
Surely not!!!

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

There's a few reasons people don't join. Maybe the can't afford it, maybe they disagree with the CIC model. I won't criticise anyone in this regard.

I stopped membership for my own reasons. Next season I'll probably join again. That is my prerogative.

I do feel that adult season ticket holders should be automatic members of the CIC. They contribute much move financially than the CIC membership fee. It would also increase the pool of potential ideas for the club going forward.

I understand the view that there needs to be some kind of premium value for members to make it worthwhile. In my view, the premium is the right to vote on important issues.

Leaving all other supporters, who aren't members, in the dark is not the way to do it. It's divisive in my opinion.

Issues surrounding the club should be known to all, not just the members.

As a previous shareholder in the club (i.e. donated extra money!) I agree that season ticket holders should be automatic members. For some reason to pay extra was something that did not seem to be right, and I did write to the club suggesting that the membership fee be added to the cost of the season ticket, but no reply was received. Even if the full £35 was added to the price it would, strangely enough, not seem so bad!

I am not sure what the CIC has brought to the club, I thought that it meant an opening of a different income stream such as grants etc. which were not available to "companies", but none of that type of funding, to my knowledge, seems to have appeared. It is, however, stopping anyone, lottery winners or what, from investing in the club as they would be given no rights or position or ownership. We would never be able to obtain another Mr. Carmichael for example.

So people are aware if you join the CIC the communication is still not brilliant. You have the opportunity to ask the board questions though.

In my experience questions they don't like they avoid and they hide behind the confidential word to often 

10 hours ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Those obligations have been ignored on literally countless occasions. Where was the obligation to invite fans to hear what any interested party, WHETHER THEY WANTED TO OR NOT, had to say? Discussions on relocation? Attempts to find a solution to the segregation issues, which have ensured that some away fans will never return? Attempts to appease fans throughout the season, or act in the clubs interest? Nope, every one declined. 

Simply put, f**k THE AGM. The accusations flying around over the arrangment of our supporters' meeting are absolutely music to our ears, and a huge part of the reaaon why it was organised in the first place....to remind people that they are priveleged in their positions and this dereliction of duty won't be tolerated. Personally i'm delighted they arranged the meeting for 48 hours prior to the original....it gives Innes a chance to see first hand the kind of self-obsessed martyrdom which has helped cripple the club. He'll also see and hear the strength of feeling to change it, when he comes on the Saturday.....

The only problem i have here with this David is that you seem to be applying logic and reasoning to this earlier (Thursday) meeting, simply because it was called by little men in funny suits with job titles on a matchday. I'm disappointed the same attention wasn't given to your fellow supporters who are trying to eradicate the level of incompetence which has devoured us for years now, in the hope of a brighter future for us all to enjoy the club again.....guess we cannae have everything. 

Maybe the other meeting doesn't need a discussion of logic or reasoning? Seems to be a good idea, if totally unneccesary to have two meetings. One meeting, with all invited, would be much better.

30 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

When is membership available? Is there a certain date when it is advertised? If you go on the "Shop" section on the website and click on "Club Ownership", it says "There are no products in this category".

Current year ends 30th June

Only at clyde would such a hullabaloo be created over a chairman going to speak to fans at an informal meeting , an open meeting that any fan can attend , what is wrong with that ? No wonder the club is a basket case , how do you know after the meeting it won't encourage more fans to join ?

It's called snobbery mate....pure & simple.[emoji1360]

I don't think there's an issue with a supporters group calling a meeting with the Chairman, in fact it should be encouraged. It's the rhetoric around the meeting which concerns me. It's seems to be about finding heads to roll and not the coming together that the organisers claim.

I'm also concerned about David Douglas being given an equal platform to Norrie Innes. Douglas says he isn't looking to be on the board so what consequences does any of his words have? It's easy to talk a good game when you don't need to be the one to deliver it.

He needs to be clear on his motives. If he wants to be on the board then he should be co-opted on before the meeting so his words actually mean something. To be co-opted Norrie Innes and the board would have to vote him on.
What happens if Norrie Innes decides he doesn't want Douglas on his team? What if he doesn't know him well enough to make a decision just now? It's a helluva position to put the new chairman in.

If he doesn't want to be on the board what is the point of him speaking at this meeting?

Douglas has stated he has his own team. Who are these people and what are their credentials?

Why did he question who leads the club next season when he knows that Innes has just been appointed? In my mind that is an attempt to undermine the chairman.

Why does his Facebook still state that he is CEO?

I'm happy to hear from David Douglas and he can answer my questions. I just don't think this is the correct platform or timing. New chairman needs to be given the full floor.

I don't think there's an issue with a supporters group calling a meeting with the Chairman, in fact it should be encouraged. It's the rhetoric around the meeting which concerns me. It's seems to be about finding heads to roll and not the coming together that the organisers claim.

I'm also concerned about David Douglas being given an equal platform to Norrie Innes. Douglas says he isn't looking to be on the board so what consequences does any of his words have? It's easy to talk a good game when you don't need to be the one to deliver it.

He needs to be clear on his motives. If he wants to be on the board then he should be co-opted on before the meeting so his words actually mean something. To be co-opted Norrie Innes and the board would have to vote him on.
What happens if Norrie Innes decides he doesn't want Douglas on his team? What if he doesn't know him well enough to make a decision just now? It's a helluva position to put the new chairman in.

If he doesn't want to be on the board what is the point of him speaking at this meeting?

Douglas has stated he has his own team. Who are these people and what are their credentials?

Why did he question who leads the club next season when he knows that Innes has just been appointed? In my mind that is an attempt to undermine the chairman.

Why does his Facebook still state that he is CEO?

I'm happy to hear from David Douglas and he can answer my questions. I just don't think this is the correct platform or timing. New chairman needs to be given the full floor.

He has been invited along by the organiser. Nothing more than that. In the same what you, I or anyone else interested in Clyde has been. There is no attempt to undermine Norrie.

My facebook bio profile probably states a lot of things from my past. As will many others. Not everyone checks all the finer details of these things. I have not heard him claim once since he left the position that he is still CEO of Clyde.

For any other question message the man himself and ask. He is pretty easily contactable and approachable. Everyone else seems to so why can't you.

Archived