CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not far away from a nice kit. The orange/peach trim is a bit odd and the chevrons not running all the way down the sides doesn't help but, as above, it's better than the light blue kit.

Let's face it. It's all about potential extra revenue. We can't sell 35,000 strips. Well supported clubs can. I am a traditional supporter. Changed strips every season is anathema to me.

Like lawyers and agents, it seems like kit manufacturers are the beneficiaries of our football culture and SPFL rules. Then again. What do I know?

The home hummel kits have been pretty decent IMO. The 15/16 was spoiled by the sponsor even if it was for a charity. The generation shirt is decent hopefully we have decent season next time round so it isn't associated as much with the farce this time round.

The away kits have been crap. By the time you add in the sponsor and the badge the new away kit is going to have way too many colours.

As other posters have said get back to the AC Milan type away shirt.

Shite strip for a shite season perhaps ? 

2009/10 away strip I liked a lot.

We were relegated finishing nine points below Arbroath in ninth position.

What does this tell us? I need to reassess my opinion of a nice strip.

I presume you mean the red/ black striped top when you mean AC Milan style. This was used way back in the days of Big Neilly....has always been a favourite. Jade, orange, pink, powder puff blue and now boring grey ffs. Sorry whoever chose all that lot should hang their heads in shame.

It's sad, isn't it?

I've said before on here that I can't see any reason why a CIC shouldn't work. The reasons that it hasn't worked I believe are threefold and not remotely linked to the structure itself; a lack of trust due to a number of issues (EK being the main one which alienated plenty of supporters), poor communication (to CIC members but particularly those who are not) and finally the lack of success on the pitch (would there only be 300 members if the CIC had been brought in during 05/06, or a similar time?).

Everyone can see that there has to be some common ground found. The infighting and pointless bravado is undeniably killing us. Yet out of a horrible situation at the end of this season, we're presented with an opportunity. A new manager set to be appointed, a new chairman who backs the CIC model. A fan-base who are baring their teeth and ready to get involved to ensure that last season won't be repeated. Maybe a renewed focus on the stadium move. So what do they decide in order to try and repair a broken, divided fanbase? Let's have a meeting for "club owners" to hear from the new chairman. No mention of the other, considerable, group of stakeholders who spend hundreds every year to back the team. Why are they being denied the opportunity to go to this meeting? Why are the board actively promoting divisiveness? It's so unbelievably obvious that I can't see why a group of adults would sanction this nonsense.

I stood up for the individuals on the board at the weekend; there is no doubt that there will be talents and hard-work there that are hugely beneficial to the club. However, on matters like this they are absolutely delusional. They just don't get that they are OBLIGED to make an effort to bring people together even if they don't want to. The lack of trust, and communication, continues. I can only expect the rubbish on the pitch to do so as well.

It's sad, isn't it?
I've said before on here that I can't see any reason why a CIC shouldn't work. The reasons that it hasn't worked I believe are threefold and not remotely linked to the structure itself; a lack of trust due to a number of issues (EK being the main one which alienated plenty of supporters), poor communication (to CIC members but particularly those who are not) and finally the lack of success on the pitch (would there only be 300 members if the CIC had been brought in during 05/06, or a similar time?).
Everyone can see that there has to be some common ground found. The infighting and pointless bravado is undeniably killing us. Yet out of a horrible situation at the end of this season, we're presented with an opportunity. A new manager set to be appointed, a new chairman who backs the CIC model. A fan-base who are baring their teeth and ready to get involved to ensure that last season won't be repeated. Maybe a renewed focus on the stadium move. So what do they decide in order to try and repair a broken, divided fanbase? Let's have a meeting for "club owners" to hear from the new chairman. No mention of the other, considerable, group of stakeholders who spend hundreds every year to back the team. Why are they being denied the opportunity to go to this meeting? Why are the board actively promoting divisiveness? It's so unbelievably obvious that I can't see why a group of adults would sanction this nonsense.
I stood up for the individuals on the board at the weekend; there is no doubt that there will be talents and hard-work there that are hugely beneficial to the club. However, on matters like this they are absolutely delusional. They just don't get that they are OBLIGED to make an effort to bring people together even if they don't want to. The lack of trust, and communication, continues. I can only expect the rubbish on the pitch to do so as well.

So what's your solution ?

You hoping for a road to Damascus conversion

Oh and when fans organise a meeting with the chairman they are called all sorts

Welcome to a fans run club [emoji106]

Next season we will end up as 'the invincibles' played 36 lost 0

I'll be disappointed if our 100% record is confined to league games, to be honest. We are due to win the Scottish Cup, it's been too long. I wouldn't mind the League Cup, too.

I'd give the under-21's a chance in the Challenge Cup. I expect we would still win it, regardless.

I have no problem with fans organising their own meeting but the mindset around it confuses me. Why specifically invite the chairman but not other board members? It’s fine saying everyone, including them, is welcome but when one official is specifically invited and others aren’t, it isn’t exactly promoting the togetherness they seem to claim.

But the main thing I can’t comprehend is if there are so many people who want to help and improve the way the club is run, why aren’t they members? I don’t know the person who originally set up the fans meeting, and anyone willing to put in time and effort to help should be commended and not criticised, but logically surely the best thing they could do is become a member?

David W is correct in saying the board should do more to communicate with the wider fanbase and bring supporters together but, the club is specifically set up in a way for fans to air their opinions and (for the sake of £35 a year) I can’t understand those that refuse to do so. Whether you like the CIC structure or not, the way to change the club is from the inside, not out.

(for the sake of £35 a year) I can’t understand those that refuse to do so. Whether you like the CIC structure or not, the way to change the club is from the inside, not out.

There's a few reasons people don't join. Maybe the can't afford it, maybe they disagree with the CIC model. I won't criticise anyone in this regard.

I stopped membership for my own reasons. Next season I'll probably join again. That is my prerogative​.

I do feel that adult season ticket holders should be automatic members of the CIC. They contribute much move financially than the CIC membership fee. It would also increase the pool of potential ideas for the club going forward.

I understand the view that there needs to be some kind of premium value for members to make it worthwhile. In my view, the premium is the right to vote on important issues.

Leaving all other supporters, who aren't members, in the dark is not the way to do it. It's divisive in my opinion.

Issues surrounding the club should be known to all, not just the members.

Archived