CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Our last season in the dung heap that is league 2. Hopefully you enjoy the Clyde FC promotion tour next season when we roll into your crap wee dilapidated grounds. League 1 and above HERE WE COME!!!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're joking, it stopped being funny long ago. If you're serious, it's no wonder we've a reputation as deluded numpties on here.

Ignoring the first post on this, this has to be a summer of change for us yo really challenge for promotion next season. New management and squad needed badly.

From the current squad I'd keep/try to keep:

Quinn
Gourly
Mcniff
Linton
Easton
Lowdon
JP
Gormley
Peso
Goodwilly

Why, why , why, have you not learned any lessons after this seasons disaster, dejavu.

I have absolutely no problem with Clyde fans thinking we'll win the league before a ball is kicked. I do it every preseason until the inevitable collapse occurs. It's called optimism.

This preseason is no different.

I'm convinced we'll win the league next season

*or be relegated.

**or finish midtable.

What on earth do you mean? Idiots?
We have got to a position where others are willing to have a dig at us. It's over. Roll on next season.

Idiots like people who support clubs decade after decade in this league and think they can slag off a club with a history that their club can only dream of.

Forget this season? No chance and I hope your satisfied next season.

Okay we are in this arse end of a dogs league because of bad management over several years but that isn't the fans' fault so why should we let these IDIOTS take the mick out of Clyde FC.

I will always defend the name of our club no matter what and I make no apologies for that.

Because posts like yours make us fair game is why we have fans- or idiots as you would have it- slagging us. I'm sure a few Arbroath fans who have quite rightly had a go will be looking forward to next season. Let us hope we can feel like they do now this time next year.

And exactly where have I suggested we "forget this season"?

Because posts like yours make us fair game is why we have fans- or idiots as you would have it- slagging us. I'm sure a few Arbroath fans who have quite rightly had a go will be looking forward to next season. Let us hope we can feel like they do now this time next year.

They can slag me all they want but leave my club(not the team) alone.

"They" don't know you. They are at the wind up. They don't give a shit how you feel. Now is the time to take a deep breath and say in with love and out with anger. Our great club will survive and prosper. Idiots or no idiots. And ,yes, I remember 1967. Oh well. Memories.

I recall a divisive and nasty argument I had with my best mate and Clyde fan, Hoggy. It lasted from Bridgeton Cross to Kincardine Bridge. It was then I relented and gave him half of my Twix. It ended 0-0 at Alloa. We demanded the board resign immediately.

Archived