New 2017-2018 Scottish Premiership kits

17 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Ffs... even New Balance realise you lot are the great unwashed of Glasgow emoji108.png

Could be worse,  but at least a few public baths are still open in Glasgow. :rolleyes:

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zing. said:

IMG_4423.thumb.JPG.9351097703a21922661fadefc3c9a80c.JPG

I like that top a lot. I think the colour scheme is fantastic but what the f**k is going on with the shorts ffs? :lol: I have seen another pic of the new kit and the shorts have this mental thing going on at the bottom of the shorts and the side. They appear to droop at the front and back and then look like the sides are being pulled up including in the crotch area? Must be some scientific thing being utilised for some reason or other.

Still a great top.

Like both the Motherwell and Hibs efforts, although I'm not a fan of the Marathon bet logo on the Hibs top. Mice touch with the badge though. Speaking of badges, the Pars released images of the away kit tonight and it has the old 60s style script logo rather than the 70s (?) designed triangular badge as the kits celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 1968 cup win (you know, Celtic, 50 years after the win rather than 51...). It's like an AC Milan kit but I won't sully a Premiership new kits thread with a Championship picture!

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

I like that top a lot. I think the colour scheme is fantastic but what the f**k is going on with the shorts ffs? :lol: I have seen another pic of the new kit and the shorts have this mental thing going on at the bottom of the shorts and the side. They appear to droop at the front and back and then look like the sides are being pulled up including in the crotch area? Must be some scientific thing being utilised for some reason or other.

Still a great top.

We had a similar thing with the shorts during our last season with Le Coq Sportif back in 09/10

shorts500.jpg

edit: having looked at another picture I see now what you're meaning (if you're referring to McGinn with his back to the camera with the Eden Mill guy?)

Then again there is this image of the shorts that does question what is going on..

DCTgUUmXcAA3VIN.png

3 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

First Umbro shirt I've seen so far with a collar. Was expecting an exact replica of West Ham or Nurnberg's kit

Fairly sure we have a Bespoke deal.

Just now, Dave1875 said:

We had a similar thing with the shorts during our last season with Le Coq Sportif back in 09/10

They actually may look far better when watching the team play on the park but the stills make them look a tad funny.

13 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Macron is where it’s at. I’m surprised more teams don’t go with them.

Put it this way, Joma must give a very sweet deal to get so many clubs wearing cheap, nasty looking catalogue shirts.

Macron have done a good job for County, Motherwell and Hibs.  It's great not being able to predict your team's jersey.  

The Adidas/Nike/Umbro route via a third party supplier is fine and dandy, but I'm not quite sure what's in it for clubs to go down that route. 

I get that Celtic are on a different planet from the rest of us, but like you it seem to me Macron is the only show in town.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Put it this way, Joma must give a very sweet deal to get so many clubs wearing cheap, nasty looking catalogue shirts.

Macron have done a good job for County, Motherwell and Hibs.  It's great not being able to predict your team's jersey.  

The Adidas/Nike/Umbro route via a third party supplier is fine and dandy, but I'm not quite sure what's in it for clubs to go down that route. 

I get that Celtic are on a different planet from the rest of us, but like you it seem to me Macron is the only show in town.

For all Motherwell are big on trying to make the most of #engagement I'm absolutely delighted that the club haven't chosen to go down the "let the fans vote for the strip" route and hopefully it continues. Our home shirts with Macron have been consistently good in terms of design (which is largely down to the club) and cut/fit of shirts (clearly down to the manufacturer). For all we've tended to use away/3rd tops to mess about with designs (double denim etc) the actual shirts have always been good as a fit (for me anyway). They look good, especially compared to the straight-out-the-catalogue feel of Joma's efforts.

The Hibs reveal last night was great and the social content with the videos and the like is A+. I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult to put that sort of thing together with any sort of credibility if you've already asked fans which shirt they want 6 months before the new season starts.

Another plus point with Macron is the bespoke elements they seem to offer for example with Motherwell they've done the full claret hoop last season and also the claret sash the season prior. The (embossed/debossed) shield around the badge for the Hibs shirt is a lovely touch.

In short, aye...I'm a big fan of Macron at the moment.

Blackpool had a similar top a few years ago

Their stripes were in the centre & they didn't have the most handsome man in football modelling it either

Fantastic efforts from Motherwell and Hibs. Really classy shirts. All it does is make me even more angry at Saints for continually releasing pub league kits. Saints fans really need to get their heads out their arses and just boycott Joma altogether. Maybe then we'll actually get good shirts made for us. QoS had Macron shirts last season and they were absolutely quality. I think the fans deserve more than this.

Motherwell Home - 9/10 Lovely, Macron clearly put alot of effort into the kits.

Motherwell Away - 6/10 Not a fan tbh The colours are a bit weird imo

Hibs Home - 7/10 Very nice, like the shade of green

Hibs away - 10/10 Stunning. If Dundee copied this template with dark blue , red and white I would blow my load.

10 hours ago, Killie Alan said:

Too right mate we are stuck with the pish that is Nike 

I've never been so glad for us to be away from a kit supplier. Nike were absolutely useless. Last season's away was a stock template running top and 3 months after we won the cup Nike/Just Sport still hadn't put the new kits in the shop. They are hopeless.

Archived