Airdree v Q Pee

2 hours ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

But they did make some fuss aboot an alleged penalty but the ref was spot on with his decision. ;)

Video may prove me wrong but my impression was that the defender pulled Zanatta back before making the final challenge - no doubt that the tackle itself was fair, but it was the perceived pull back beforehand that we were claiming the penalty for.

Airdrie are quite perplexing, great on the counter attack but otherwise mince. Had we had your front three today we would probably have got the four we would have needed, and if you don't keep them I'd be worried for your prospects next sesason. Otherwise the only player who impressed me was your no. 2 who has the potential to become a decent player at a higher level.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Spider said:

Otherwise the only player who impressed me was your no. 2 who has the potential to become a decent player at a higher level.

McIntosh. Lovely player and an amiable big lad. Will probably be on the bench on Wednesday (!)

Video may prove me wrong but my impression was that the defender pulled Zanatta back before making the final challenge - no doubt that the tackle itself was fair, but it was the perceived pull back beforehand that we were claiming the penalty for.

Airdrie are quite perplexing, great on the counter attack but otherwise mince. Had we had your front three today we would probably have got the four we would have needed, and if you don't keep them I'd be worried for your prospects next sesason. Otherwise the only player who impressed me was your no. 2 who has the potential to become a decent player at a higher level.

Queens Park have struggled against both Ryan and Russell as have most the teams in the league. Keepimg those 2 quiet as well as Brown was a very big if.

Credit Gus McPherson who's doing a very good job at queen's park.

1 hour ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

McIntosh. Lovely player and an amiable big lad. Will probably be on the bench on Wednesday (!)

Was very good today mcintosh and McDonald also recently is coming on to a game.

We just cannae defend against Airdrie. Thought we were decent today and probably deserved something. We took our goals very well. I thought the penalty looked a stonewaller. Great credit to the players, it would have been easy just to down tools after last week but they got stuck in and played some decent stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

Whit number was McIntosh then? 

How come nobody's mentioned the first QP goal? An absolute peach!

BBC website says he was 4 but no guarantee it is true. He did have a good game.

i thought all of the goals were good. QP first took the eye but for sheer teamwork I preferred our second. Brown's pass was superb which just demonstrates how frustrating he is.

if it helps your no. 2 was a big lad (I guess they all were in the Airdrie side!) who rampaged up and down your right flank and who reminded me a bit of a young John Brownlie, the former Hibs & Scotland full back

if it helps your no. 2 was a big lad (I guess they all were in the Airdrie side!) who rampaged up and down your right flank and who reminded me a bit of a young John Brownlie, the former Hibs & Scotland full back

Scott "no ability" Stewart.

Disappointing result but a thouraghly enjoyable game to watch. Great to see both Orsi and Zanatta up front together, although a wee bit frustrated that we really didn't use Orsi enough throughout his loan. A real handful anytime I see him. Cracking finish by Zanatta and it will be interesting to see if he breaks into the hearts team next season as he certainly has the ability to play at that level. Best player though was Anton Brady. Since the start of 2017 he's arguably been our best player and I really hope we don't lose him in the summer. In regards to next season I would happily want see all the players sign on again although extremely unlikely to happen with Mcgeever and Mckernon apparantley going. Will be a fair few additions next season I imagine and an even tougher task to stay up but with Gus in charge your always in with a chance 

10 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

He is deffo one of the only players who I would willingly allow to stay next season if it was up to me. But he definitely relies more upon athleticism than technical ability.

Definitely, but for a wingback that's not a major issue.  

Only 3 things count,  the ability to defend when needed, provide support in attack, and being able to ceeate chances.  

Doesnt matter to me if he's more Jolly Rodger than Stevie Gray,  as long as we get those end products.   IMO he needs to sharpen up on the defensive side, he seems to me to be slow to react to dangers at times.  

IMO, I think he could survive in the championship level and could then prove within a year or 2 if he could then step up again if he thrives.

Scott Stewart is one of the few players who has had a good season and fully deserves his young player of the year award. He may not be the most technically gifted player but you are guaranteed he will give 100%, he won't sh!te out of a challenge, he's decent in the air and will run up and down the wing all day long. He could improve his final ball and sometimes is caught out of position defensively but he's still young and will improve.

20 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

I couldn't. I refuse to be a sycophant. Despite being in the trust I haven't had one email or bit of publicity for the event. One might think one wasn't welcome emoji23.png

I also pay my Trust membership and never got an email etc but I did see info on it at the games several months ago and decided to go even though much of the games/results had been inconsistent and dire in many games. That does not make me willing to be a sycophant since I gain no advantage from behaving in that way. indeed I have expressed my discontent with our management performance both on line and at the games; however I remain loyal to the club after a lifetime of highs and lows; that does not make me a crawler etc in the meaning of sycophancy. It was an enjoyable night and I look forward to doing something good in the play offs regardless of the downs and ups of this season.

Archived